It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Strange Black Object Falls From Sky In Spain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Aw man, I thought you were joking.. haha, that is awesome.

Very interesting stuff.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
You are absolutely right about it making no sense for them to land meters apart and days apart.. I mean the odds of that must be astronomical ........ unless I'm missing something about orbital geometry.

Sorry people....the answer I'm about to give may have already been given ( I haven't read all the replies )..but I couldn't deny my ignorance any longer.......it's too funny. The above statement made by me got numerous stars......well I can't hold back any longer. First of all I know NOTHING about orbital geometry ( accept that things in an orbit go around something ???....I think ) .....Anyway...... secondly it wasn't until the next day that I remembered having heard of geo stationary "orbits " so ( I guess an orbit doesn't really have to go around something??? ) I realized that IF the object that these two unknown objects fell from was in a geo stationary orbit then it is possible for them to land that close to each other ( maybe ) IMHO

So there....I know I'm dissappointing a lot of people by confessing my ignorance...but I couldn't take it any longer

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Crikey mate! You're absolved. Here have a cold one.

Bally

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Somehow I think your post was somewhat tongue & cheek, but your question is actually a good one. For the sake of general information, perhaps for our younger / less informed readers, here is some background on a "geo-stationary orbit".

The word 'stationary' in geo-stationary does sometimes create confusion. A satellite in geo-stationary, actually "geosynchronous" orbit isn't actually standing still, but rather orbiting the Earth at the same relative rate the Earth turns on its axis. In order to stay aloft in a stable orbit, orbital objects (satellites and spacecraft) need to maintain a certain velocity. At low altitudes in space this orbital velocity is much faster than the relative rotation of Earth so satellites cannot remain over the same spot on Earth as they orbit. For this reason satellites in a geosynchronous orbit at a much higher altitude around Earth, approximately 22,000 miles. This, compared to a satellite in 'Low Earth Orbit (LEO)' which can be anywhere from 100 miles to 1,200 miles above Earth.

There are an infinite number of different types of orbits and listing them all goes beyond the scope of this response. However, to clarify geosynchronous versus say LEO; a satellite in a LEO will orbit the Earth several times in a day. Some very low orbits take as little as 88 minutes. A geosynchronous orbit takes 24 hours, hence the satellite's ability to seemingly stay in one place with respect to the same spot on Earth. Both satellites are traveling at roughly the same 'speed' through space, but because of the significantly higher altitude of the geosynchronous satellite it takes quite a bit longer to complete its 'lap' around the world.

An highly simplified analogy would go something like this; imagine a giant racetrack around Earth, one tens of thousands of miles wide. Even though two (space) race cars are going the same speed, the one on the inside lane will complete a lap around the track much faster than the (space) race car in the outside lane. Now imagine yourself standing at the exact center of this racetrack. If your favorite driver was driving the car in the outside lane, and you rotated so you could watch only him zoom around the track, you would notice that the guy in the inside lane would pass you several times for each of your 360 degree rotations.

Hopefully this helps.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
For the record, the likelyhood of two objects, falling to Earth from space, on two separate days, and landing near the same spot is effectively zero. Put in perspective, it would be akin to winning the mega-lottery every day for two weeks straight and getting hit by lightning each day...all while eating a vegemite sandwich.
edit on 11/12/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thank you for that information....I did think that geo stationary meant staying in the same position relative to a spot on the surface of the earth. But you elaborated on it very well...thank you again.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: draknoir2

Aw man, I thought you were joking.. haha, that is awesome.

Very interesting stuff.

Why are you laughing at my post?

Oh yeah... right. Nevermind.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The objets fell the same day, they just found them on different days. Since the first moment witness say they saw 6 different objects falling in group.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
... secondly it wasn't until the next day that I remembered having heard of geo stationary "orbits " so ( I guess an orbit doesn't really have to go around something??? )

An orbit DOES need to go around something.

'Flyingclaydisk' described a geo-stationary and geo-synchronus orbit well, and it should be pointed out that if a object close to Earth isn't moving around earth in an orbit, then it will simply fall to the surface of the Earth due to gravity.

Things that are in orbit are actually falling back to earth due to gravity -- and that gravity is what defines the orbit -- but the reason an orbiting object doesn't hit the surface of the earth as it falls is because it is falling sideways (parallel to the surface of the earth) fast enough that as it falls, the curving surface of the Earth curves away from the falling object, causing the object to "miss" that surface.

In this graphic called "Newton's cannon", Cannon balls A and B hit the ground because the ground "gets in their way" (so-to-speak) while cannon ball C also gets pulled back down, but the ground curves away, allowing cannon ball C to miss the ground. That's an orbit.

hubpages.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

+1 on mystery solved IMHO

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: Konduit
If it's space junk like a hydrazine tank, then the odds of 2 of them falling near the same location on earth is like accidentally shooting the dots off a dice while blindfolded, from a moving vehicle.

Pretty strange is all I'm saying.

So if you drop two balls simultaneously from the *Sears tower will one land in Chicago and the other in New York?

*"Willis Tower"

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sherbant

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: Konduit
If it's space junk like a hydrazine tank, then the odds of 2 of them falling near the same location on earth is like accidentally shooting the dots off a dice while blindfolded, from a moving vehicle.

Pretty strange is all I'm saying.

So if you drop two balls simultaneously from the *Sears tower will one land in Chicago and the other in New York?

*"Willis Tower"

NEVER!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Saving for later so I can read through the entire thread.

Have a good day everyone.

~Knight

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Looks like they have found a 3rd one-

The Daily Mail

A third mysterious black space object to fall from the sky into rural Spain has caused panic among locals.
The strange-looking black orb was found in the village of Villavieja in Murcia - becoming the latest instance of an increasingly bewildering phenomenon, the Olive Press reported.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Not that The Mirror is a bastion of journalistic standards but it does appear as though something might be happening here.

Space debris seems highly unlikely considering the balls fell meters apart, days apart. So what's going on here? Elaborate hoax? Mutant space wasps? Alien pods?

Aren't you the same guy lamenting people for alternative theories on how the Great Pyramid was built? Seems a little hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantsee4looking
wtf is up with people letting nasa drop things on us,junk at that....if i drop a piece of litter on the floor i get a damned fine........nasa drop tons of waste anywhere on the planet and risking lives,and not a bloody word said.....rant over..

It is likely Russian.

Why do Americans think NASA all the time?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: OnionHead

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: trifecta

What is it like to live in a world of fantasy and delusion? Is it fun?

Ha, I thought it was some sort of epic sarcastic rant. A really good one at that

An understandable assumption...Until you look at that person's posting history.

Ahhhh yesss, I see what you mean

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Wouldn't there be a huge crater if these fell from space ??

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

No not exactly. They are sending at least 30 rockets a day from Woomera. They are sending them to the same place. If one or two of them do not reach your destination it is logical that they should fall into the same area.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: agateaque

No not really. The rockets centre for space builds, they are about the same size as a LEGO block. Each piece joins with another as I said before this is engineering at it's finest. It is impossible to send up into orbit a complete Landing or space station. The components are usually quite small relative to the base station and so if one or two do not reach the destination they are quite small and burnt up reduced in size upon reentry.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join