It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After ten weeks the EMdrive is still running at NASA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You have to love new propulsion systems , because they are the next step in the way we would see space travel in next decennial era.
Especially the mysterious EMdrive since this propulsion system became the news of the most promising engine ,that would bring us to the moon into four hours .

My antennas raised and I could see the first manned mission to Mars within my lifetime. Well I think we might see multiple purpose craft not only examining one celestial body but keep on flying and testing planets, moons ,asteroids and comets whenever it gets the tasks uploaded to go and do another destination.
As far as I know the ion drive has similar function to my knowledge , like the one mounted on the Dawn spacecraft, but I don't know if both engines could be compared ?

Yeah this engine discovered by Roger Shawyer and Guido Fetta which slated science as absolute idiots are now testing it , how bizarre?
seems that's how science goes ...

Well now it seems that they can't say much about it at NASA , but this impossible engine according to laws of physics is still running at NASA for ten f%$#g weeks now .

It seems that the scientists can't really tell how it works but a test setup is already working 10 consecutive weeks. NASA scientists are testing the device at this point in the Eagle Works Laboratory. So far, the results have not been subject to peer review. It can not be excluded that the propulsion is the result of a measurement error.

Paul Mach, one of the scientists conducting the tests, for the first time in months on the forums of NASA Spaceflight given an update on the EM Drive. He says ,

the mistakes have been corrected during previous tests, but the engine still gives thrust.

Mach responded to an unpublished paper, in which it is claimed that the thrust of the EM Drive the consequence of the Lorentz force is, so that the force is generated by the interaction between the EM Drive and the magnetic field of the earth.

I wish I could show you all the pictures I've taken on how we saluted and mitigated the issues raised by our EW Lab's Blue-Ribbon PhD panel and now Potomac-Neuron's paper, on the possible Lorentz force interactions. That being the Lorentz Interactions with the dc currents on the EW torque pendulum (TP) with the stray magnetic fields from the torque pendulum's first generation open-face magnetic damper and the Earth's geomagnetic field, but I can't due to the restrictive NASA press release rules now applied to the EW Lab.

The scientist explains that he can not comment on his work can make or photos, because his lab itself is working on a paper which could shed some light on the matter.

NASA EMdrive developments

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Very interesting, S&F.

From my limited knowledge, I believe we had to fly through one of the thinner/weaker areas of the Van Allen radiation belts when we went to the moon. I wonder if, with this new speed, we could just go through the thick of it now considering the reduced exposure time?

Awesome! Sci-Fi is coming to life

Edit for the conspiracy minded: I wonder if the reason they don't understand how it works properly is because it's reverse engineered?

*X-Files music*

Second edit: 3rd poster beat me to it haha
edit on 9-11-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

They don't know how it works and it defies the laws of physics because it's reverse engineered alien tech.

Someone had to say it, so it might as well be me

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

They don't know how it works and it defies the laws of physics because it's reverse engineered alien tech.

Okay, you've said it! So now, please get off my planet!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yeah this engine discovered by Roger Shawyer and Guido Fetta which slated science as absolute idiots are now testing it , how bizarre?
seems that's how science goes ...

Well now it seems that they can't say much about it at NASA , but this impossible engine according to laws of physics is still running at NASA for ten f%$#g weeks now .

Oh really? No way! Get out of town!

Keep it coming NASA, you're far from off the hook yet....

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Probably.

So how MUCH thrust is being produced? A shaken coke bottle produces thrust.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If we used this for interstellar travel and it is due to Planets Em fields interacting with the drive wouldn't we just push/pull to each nearest large body with a strong EM force after the next until arriving at our final destination?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Does not make much sense to stare at a running engine for ten weeks.

Nothing to show for it except soon papers will be released.

I wonder which has more magnetics the sun or earth?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
So far, the results have not been subject to peer review. It can not be excluded that the propulsion is the result of a measurement error.

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot
If it's true that they can't exclude measurement error, it can't be producing much thrust.

Time will tell. We will either see such a drive in use in future spacecraft, or we won't. I doubt those of us hearing about testing second, third or fourth hand can evaluate the prospects accurately.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The drive is producing about 100uN force at 80W. Lorentz force should only account for < 2uN.

So, even if it is experimental error, it is still doing the unexpected.

One idea that seems to 'fit' (theoretically, in that the mathematically generated values seem to predict the same magnitude of force) is that the results are due to the quantization of inertial force.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Probably.

Not much according to the OP link.

However, the scant details that are on there are very interesting, because they reveal a couple of facts that peaked my interest.

It's using DC current and that seems to be somehow interacting with the earth's geomagnetic system. This is an antigravity drive people.

I've heard this spoken of in various tinfoil theory sites before - I think it may have been someone like zeta talk who said that UFOs do not hover consistently ie they move up and down because of natural variations in the earth's magnetic field. The link talks about errors in measuring the thrust and it is probably those same variables causing the issue.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There is no to infinitesimally small propulsion from this. It is more of a POC (Proof Of Concept) . Even the developers are saying they need a new breakthrough "quantum physics discovery" to be able to produce any form of noticeable propulsion. Perhaps one small baby step forward though. More than what we have seen from NASA lately

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Probably.

Not much according to the OP link.

However, the scant details that are on there are very interesting, because they reveal a couple of facts that peaked my interest.

It's using DC current and that seems to be somehow interacting with the earth's geomagnetic system. This is an antigravity drive people.

I've heard this spoken of in various tinfoil theory sites before - I think it may have been someone like zeta talk who said that UFOs do not hover consistently ie they move up and down because of natural variations in the earth's magnetic field. The link talks about errors in measuring the thrust and it is probably those same variables causing the issue.

Magnetism and gravity are different forces. A compass is an example of magnetically generated force, it isn't anti-grav.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

My wording might not be to your liking, but geomagnatism and gravity are intimately linked

Short-term changes in the Earth’s magnetic field that occur over periods of just years or decades have now been shown in new research to have a very close relationship with changes in gravity.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
D
edit on 9-11-2015 by markosity1973 because: double post, please delete

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

That I don't know , but one would ask how would Roger Shawyer and Guido Fetta gain such knowledge?

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
If we used this for interstellar travel and it is due to Planets Em fields interacting with the drive wouldn't we just push/pull to each nearest large body with a strong EM force after the next until arriving at our final destination?

Something like a tractor beam , this reminds of that thing Bob Lazar talked about at area 51?

originally posted by: chr0naut

The drive is producing about 100uN force at 80W. Lorentz force should only account for < 2uN.

So, even if it is experimental error, it is still doing the unexpected.

Seems it's not that much thrust , but doing the unexpected sounds promising . I've heard that this drive could be used on earth vehicles as well , don't really know if that's possible though?

edit on 0b04America/ChicagoMon, 09 Nov 2015 15:45:04 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 09 Nov 2015 15:45:04 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
From what I read is if this is real, they can scale it up either by size or by volume like have thousands of tiny engines like pixels on a TV to make it viable space engine.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven
That will not only have space flight properties, but also transportation properties?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

My wording might not be to your liking, but geomagnatism and gravity are intimately linked

Short-term changes in the Earth’s magnetic field that occur over periods of just years or decades have now been shown in new research to have a very close relationship with changes in gravity.

Gravitation and thermal currents in the molten iron core of the Earth generate the magnetic field. That doesn't make gravity=magnetism.

Gravitation is caused by the 3D curvature of space-time.

Magnetism is a field force that is 90 degrees phase conjugate to electric charge.

They are very different forces.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
From what I read is if this is real, they can scale it up either by size or by volume like have thousands of tiny engines like pixels on a TV to make it viable space engine.

or they can just watch it run for yrs. longer and wonder how it works

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join