It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky above LA

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here are two views from the NAVWARN system that show where the missile came from, dropped stages, and was headed for -- nowhere near Kwaj?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: Zaphod58

According to that wiki page the missile is 37.3 million dollars...if that is true that is very disappointing...
Damn I am as broke as old Rome and they blow up 37.5 mil missile into space like that? Just to test? That's so messed up!

edit on 11/7/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

A Trident missile the Navy tested off Los Angeles Saturday night is shown from the Fourth Street bridge over 110 Freeway in Los Angeles. Photographer Preston Newman was on a photo shoot at the time. — Preston Newman Photography, on Instagram at @Newman_Photos

cdn.sandiegouniontrib.com...

I'm really busy now but could somebody else go to google street view of this location and get a compass bearing on the missile direction, and estimate elevation angle? Thanks!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Why we have to be at war with on another makes no sense since regular citizens all over the world marry and have children with each other. They say we are a violent species but really we do love one another. It's sad we fight pointless wars and spend 100's of billions of dollars on it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
[Thanks, mods, for doing your duty dispassionately, I stand rebuked]

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Can somebody keep an eye on new youtube postings on this and summarize most interesting/useful ones, please?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

A Trident missile the Navy tested off Los Angeles Saturday night is shown from the Fourth Street bridge over 110 Freeway in Los Angeles. Photographer Preston Newman was on a photo shoot at the time. — Preston Newman Photography, on Instagram at @Newman_Photos

cdn.sandiegouniontrib.com...

I'm really busy now but could somebody else go to google street view of this location and get a compass bearing on the missile direction, and estimate elevation angle? Thanks!
That's the best pic i seen so far. Have you seen this one yet? Hope it helps.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Vid from Arizona posted here:
590kid.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What i don't get is why all the pics and videos of this event show this thing to be flying horizontally and not upwards? Is that not what missiles do is fly upwards?
edit on 11/8/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

For a little while. But if the idea is to go someplace, they sort of have to turn in that direction.
Here's a launch from Vandenberg.

edit on 11/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Here you go Mr Oberg..

goo.gl...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Our enemy would know a missile is coming there way because they would see pictures and videos go viral on the internet and social media. So they would be able to intercept it.

So this missile could hit Russia in 30 minutes after launch? 5194 miles / 18,030 mph

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
What i don't get is why all the pics and videos of this event show this thing to be flying horizontally and not upwards? Is that not what missiles do is fly upwards?

Fair question and it represents a common misimpression. After climbing out of the atmosphere's lower, thicker layers, both military missiles and space-bound rockets bend over towards horizontal to really pick up speed. Their ascent angles are a little different but not as you'd notice it from the ground.
edit on 8-11-2015 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

So they would be able to intercept it.

Maybe. We're working on figuring out how to do that too.
It's not easy.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Here you go Mr Oberg..

goo.gl...

That's perfect. What compass azimuth does Google give for that highway? In other words what direction from LA was the missile?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Who knows how reliable this info is, but a friend of mine said this was a muscle flexing show for Russia. He said they violated our air space and this was our way of flipping them off. Personally I think the only reason our military would do this at 6pm on a Saturday night over LA is to show someone interested in our defense technology how capable it is and the whole world was witness. Quite a sales tactic.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Our enemy would know a missile is coming there way because they would see pictures and videos go viral on the internet and social media. So they would be able to intercept it.

So this missile could hit Russia in 30 minutes after launch? 5194 miles / 18,030 mph

Russia was supposed to have other detection systems, such as satellites in GEO orbit, or even just 12-hour Molniya orbiuts -- but since the collapse of the USSR, those satellites have broken down and not been replaced. They still have ground radar but they only pick up incoming missiles once they're halfway to target.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Battlefresh

Who knows how reliable this info is, but a friend of mine said this was a muscle flexing show for Russia. He said they violated our air space and this was our way of flipping them off.

Were all of these tests the same thing?
www.lockheedmartin.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i live in LA and saw it. was very bright. instagram is very useful heres a link you guys can use to see pictures and video
of what happened

instagram.com...

hundreds up uploads..pretty interesting. can the OP add this link to their initial post for everyone else??
edit on 8-11-2015 by Baltazar84 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join