It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky above LA

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Yeah.. I am always about cost savings. But when it comes to military tests, cost never seems to be an issue. It has a flexing of muscles/sending a message to someone sort of feel to it.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA

See how easy it is for your perception to be fooled, how quickly you jump to fool notions of aliens and space ships.

It would be so easy to manipulate people with a few resources. They are like sheep to the slaughter for any magic trick, propaganda, etc. Seems to be a human weakness to be gullible and accept something without any proof or evidence, just the vagaries of imagination and wishful thinking and a little brainwashing as a child by Hollywood as though the movies might be real.

Go home, ET!

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
If you look up the hashtag #ufo on instagram you'll see hundreds of pics and videos from multiple angles, cities and states. What I found interesting were the viewpoints from the Bay Area as you can see the object is actually headed over SoCal. I have a hard time accepting the government would run such a risky drill over LA. I have this sick feeling we intercepted a real bogie.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread but has anyone considered China?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Battlefresh

They didn't test it over LA though. The area they launched from is a known Naval missile range and during the 60s was used many times to test early ICBMs.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

They don't need social media, they have geosynchronous satellites that watch for missile launches. They would know 30 seconds after a missile went airborne that one was launched, and within two or three minutes where it was going.

As for shooting it down, there isn't currently a reliable interception system that will stop an inbound ICBM. At the speeds they're moving they're extremely hard to hit.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewsWorthy
Hey everybody, I was off highway 152 in Gilroy. I was eating outside Sonics and took a video of this thing at close range, you can see the fuel Vapor or whatever it is.

This was unlike any rocket/missile I have ever seen. It was able to hover and change directions. It was coming directly overhead and then stopped for a minute and just sorta Hovered/loitered for a minute. We actually thought it was a Helicopter because it was FLASHING a REALLY REALLY BRIGHT white light towards us... After a minute or two we realized it wasn't a helicopter when it stopped loitering and started heading NorthWest... Personally I think this was some new technology, it didn't make a sound and was pretty close to us. I'm not sure what kinda rocket can do that kinda maneuver and not make a sound... Pretty amazing.

Anyways, I have a Decent Video from an IPhone 5s but I don't know how to upload it, I'll try to post it, does anybody have any easy way to post it from my iPhone?? Thanks

If it indeed was able to hover an change direction and the same object...

You should post the video, that would change the game !

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Here's a missile from Vandenbourg as seen from Death Valley back around 1998. The first 15 seconds it was a strait glowing line like a florescent shop light thrust into the sky behind these 9 to 11000 ft mountains. Freaked us out driving to camp from Bad Water. I had a low resolution digital camera with a 200 zoom and I knew it was a rocket as soon as the stage separated and the standard conical plume burst lit by the setted sun in the high atmosphere. I got shots of the exhaust flattening out at the Mesosphere, or 50 miles high making rainbow night clouds or noctilucent clouds.

Someone did not feel it was important to warn the public of the test here. Sounds devicive to me.

ZG

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Military launches aren't pre announced. Patriot missiles intercepted incoming SCUD warheads over Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm. Unreliably, at best, back then.

edit on 8-11-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Why would our own Navy for one need to test a trident?
And two fire it over L.A. and scare the crap out of the whole
west coast with no reason not to announce a test? And third
tests can go wrong? Why would the Navy risk embarrassment by
accidentally bouncing a trident off the Bonaventure hotel?
Because of some unnecessary test? Doesn't rocket science top
out somewhere?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Thinking the same thing. Diverted flights at Lax.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

They didn't fire it over LA, it went West into the Pacific. And they test them for the same reason you test anything, to look for any issues that may pop up.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: game over man

They don't need social media, they have geosynchronous satellites that watch for missile launches. They would know 30 seconds after a missile went airborne that one was launched, and within two or three minutes where it was going.

Well, in Moscow, THAT'S a problem, because all those Soviet-era 'warning satellitesa' have broken down and not been replaced.

They didn't test it over LA though. The area they launched from is a known Naval missile range and during the 60s was used many times to test early ICBMs.

I'm not so sure. The zone specified in the NAVWARN alert message [see my map, posted above] isn't anywhere near Vandenberg or Pt. Mugu northwest of LA, it's right off the coast at San Diego, and that's SOUTH of LA. And that's what most of the eyewitness reports are saying.
edit on 8-11-2015 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

(post by Hieronymousanonymous removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: randyvs

They didn't fire it over LA, it went West into the Pacific. And they test them for the same reason you test anything, to look for any issues that may pop up.

What you say sounds perfectly reasonable. I just have some doubts. One post said there are photos out there showing the missile go over land toward Baja. I understand that if a picture shows a missile over a house, it is probably the missile is far away and the house is close.

I also wonder why do this test in this way? If it was routine and planned as the OS says, why is it not done more often and captured on film more often in this location? The OS of anything military is normally worded this way. Is traffic at LAX often diverted for tests of this nature? I am thinking I would have remembered.

I think it is premature to just conclude there is no reason for this other than testing.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Hieronymousanonymous

I wish you'd cpme over to the 'Phoenix Lights' discussion thread where there are so many folks positive the formation of lights MUST have been an extraordinary vehicle because they are positive nobody would ever mistakenly misperceive airplane lights for a UFO, or, I guess in your case, you'd NEVER misperceive a missile launch for a 'UFO'. But as your post shows, many many intelligent people CAN make such misperceptions, sincerely and dogmatically.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

..... If it was routine and planned as the OS says, why is it not done more often and captured on film more often in this location? The OS of anything military is normally worded this way. Is traffic at LAX often diverted for tests of this nature? I am thinking I would have remembered.
I think it is premature to just conclude there is no reason for this other than testing.

Fair question and there are definitely novel features of this event.

As for visibility, that depends on a random feature of the launch time, as well as cloud cover in general -- the illumination is high-altitude sunlight, it was about an hour after ground sunset. Earlier, the sky would be bright and would largely mask the white plume, and later, the plume would be in shadow and not nearly as visible. So at random yuou'd really only expect a tenth, or even less [if there were clouds], of such tests to put on such a show as you goes had last night.
edit on 8-11-2015 by JimOberg because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg
That makes sense, in regard to the many recordings of it.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hieronymousanonymous

lol! Man, I don't think I've ever seen so many insults packed into one post! I started laughing and couldn't stop, so during all that, I think I lost your point.

Everybody's a moron. And what was your other point?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Why would our own Navy for one need to test a trident?

Your own Navy runs drills, tests, exercises all the damn time. You think the entire Navy is operated by men in their 50's who had some training back in the day and therefore never need to train or test anything ever again?

And two fire it over L.A. and scare the crap out of the whole
west coast with no reason not to announce a test?

They DID NOT fire it "over LA". That is ridiculous.
As stated over and over and over again, this was fired over the coast, out to sea, in a designated test range used hundreds of times over several decades.

And third tests can go wrong? Why would the Navy risk embarrassment by
accidentally bouncing a trident off the Bonaventure hotel?

Nonsense.
First, as said, this was over a test area used countless times before.
Second, these are weapons designed to operate perfectly in an urgent situation. They are not testing a new weapon or testing an experimental missile. Trident 2 D5's are already tried and tested, it's likely this was carried out to enable an ancillary system or modification to be tested, or to train crews, or to try out a new piece of software for deployment or alteration.

Because of some unnecessary test? Doesn't rocket science top
out somewhere?

You've made the assumption that it's "unnecessary" based on nothing but your own ignorance about these systems and operations. You know nothing about what is necessary but you've asserted that it wasn't needed because it suits your paranoia and desperation for this to be a conspiracy.

Obviously it was necessary otherwise they wouldn't have performed the test.
edit on 8-11-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join