It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson's Campaign Has A Rap Ad For Black Outreach

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
All you say is true. However , how many of the other R candidates have resorted to this style of advertising? None ever I think. This was really a slip shod attempt at branding. While younger voters might be attracted to rap , I think they will be turned off to crap rap, and that is what this is.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Why would Democrats not want voter ID? Maybe the reverse of Voter suppression like Voter inflation, maybe?

On that note, what else do people do when they obtain ID at the DMV? Register to vote.

Why don't democrats want the black community to register to vote in person? Maybe the reverse of Voter suppression like Voter inflation, maybe?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That Atlantic article is very interesting.

It shows "where Carson tends to split with some in the black community where he seems to blow by the sturdy, steel structure of institutional racism."

His message doesn't resonate with the American African community because he fails to heed to the screed of the Social Justice industry which views everything wrong with America as stemming from institutionalized racism which in turn feeds white privilege. Simply put.....he doesn't have the right formula.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ahh, Rap music. The means to capture attention of societies lowest common denominator.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Who in the hell is thinking up this BS for Carson to use in his campaign?

When trying so hard to be trendy and turning out so lame; Dr.Ben not only didn't attract black voters...He lost everyone that was on the fence an perhaps tending to like him. Older white people, Carsons targeted demographic, hate Rap!!!
His campaign mgr is a fool for not going Country and Western. He should be fired for embarrassing his boss. That took a special kind of stupid to even think that would appeal to anyone.

He just can't keep from stepping in one pile of **** after another.

Trump could pull it off but Dr. Ben looks foolish. I would have thought a "brain surgeon would have shown a little more class!!

edit on 7-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If he was serious then he would get some lessons from Eminem.

The candidate with an Eminem soundtrack will win.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is what came to mind when I saw the clip.
Cringeworthy .
Inauthentic.
Outta touch .
Ackward.
Stoopid.
Cheap.

While I can't speak for every single black person " we" (people in my circle) were content just to ignore him as a political figure but remember him as a brilliant neurosurgeon that successfully separated conjoined twins. now we are like wtf?? but it's not like music can't be used to raise political awareness and get youths out to vote of whatever background, it's just that Republicans are bad at it as they are with young people, women, minorities, social media you know that thing called the internet, and comedy, when Libs do it they do stuff like this.

And finally

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Loud and clear only black democrats can be in your circle.

Seems kinda odd to find the majority of blacks in America support the party created by the klan.

When a real black man that is not part of the political spectrum gets in the race then he is ignored by everyone of the same color.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Loud and clear only black democrats can be in your circle.

Seems kinda odd to find the majority of blacks in America support the party created by the klan.

When a real black man that is not part of the political spectrum gets in the race then he is ignored by everyone of the same color.

No! deadeyedick NO! black ppl are not the only ones in my circle nor only Dems, but the black folks that are in my circle view Ben Carson in that manner described, and for chrissakes will you plueeze stop ignoring historical context the Dems back in the day were the Regressives the Reps were the Progressives or Libs, then JFK and LBJ happened followed by the Southern Strategy you do know what that was don't cha now things got turned around and flipped inside out.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

sounds like some trick to fool the masses into supporting ideas they are against.

I really never thought that I would see the day where a valid black candidate for president would be ignored by a people that have only survived by sticking together. I am really perplexed by this and I believe it goes far beyond just policy.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I dunno...I kinda liked it.
Maybe you really underestimate the power of a positive rap message.

Plus, his personal sound bytes were pretty on point.

I don't usually deal in politico threads, but felt the need to chime in.
Mudslinging is some folks thing, and so be it...but I'm more in favor of something positive.

Color me stoked to hear something forward thinking instead of that psycho merrygoround of hate.

Thanks for the sideshow, I'm gonna go ride the Tilt-a-Puke now.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Conservatives do stuff like this, hardly inspiring imo.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Its only the idiots who think the Blacks need to be catered too anymore than they have been in the last 8 years. We are Americans!!!!!!! Obama, the msm and his kind are only trying to divide America. While a silly ad, we have seen how brainwashed the youth of America is today and they might like it lol.

Carson is being attacked so much because the MSM and the powers that be are afraid of him, why? Because he is smart and Christian to the core, someone who will put a stop to all the BS in D.C.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

sounds like some trick to fool the masses into supporting ideas they are against.

I really never thought that I would see the day where a valid black candidate for president would be ignored by a people that have only survived by sticking together. I am really perplexed by this and I believe it goes far beyond just policy.

Because you and others generally misread black folks, black folks are interested in people that connect or show interest in their issues be they Black or non Black and for the record we equally ignore
Allen West.
Herman Cain.
Alan Keyes.
Ben Carson.

Interestingly enough if Colin Powell had ran he would have received wide support from Black folks.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

Its only the idiots who think the Blacks need to be catered too anymore than they have been in the last 8 years. We are Americans!!!!!!! Obama, the msm and his kind are only trying to divide America. While a silly ad, we have seen how brainwashed the youth of America is today and they might like it lol.

Carson is being attacked so much because the MSM and the powers that be are afraid of him, why? Because he is smart and Christian to the core, someone who will put a stop to all the BS in D.C.

Name one thing that was catered to Blacks only in the last 8yrs..just 1

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Carson definitely isn’t one of the brothers

He will get, justifiably, very little black vote’s imo.

His conservative philosophy is detrimental to the economic reality of black people on the whole.

In fact his conservative philosophy is detrimental to white middle class and poor as well

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Care to expand on your opinions there.

You are kinda leaving the realm of childish comments and stepping foot into actual substance.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's not even a rap song...

It's a bunch of Carson sound bites laid down to a hip hop music track.

I wonder if a white candidate did something to appeal to white voters specifically -- how well would the media and country treat that?

I can't think of any white stereotype a candidate could use, but maybe some people here can see where my line of thinking is going.

When I heard the rap song I had to laugh, but then also shake my head.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hey, at least when Kanye West runs for office we might get some real campaign rap music!

Of course, if the American people don't like it...he might rant and blame us all for not understanding his creative genius.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I can't think of any white stereotype a candidate could use, but maybe some people here can see where my line of thinking is going.

Picture Jeb! in pointy-toed boots and a cowboy hat, with pearl snaps on his pocket lapels and his thumbs tucked in his jean pockets....doin' a country song.

teehee

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the country scene - just not obsessed with it. And I have a penchant for country boys which is wildly evident based on my past......

so....Brad Paisley for President! (Now that you got me thinking about it...)

edit on 11/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join