It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 wreckage found in Philippines?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Plane wreckage with the Malaysian Airlines colours painted on the side linking it to MH370 has reportedly been found in the Philippines.

The Star Online reports that police in Malaysia have asked their counterparts in the Philippines to investigate the claims.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said the claim was made by a 46-year-old man on behalf of a relative, who allegedly found the wreckage at Sugbay Island in Tawi Tawi.

MH370 wreckage found in Philippines?

Obviously verification is strongly needed for this, but the plane might have crashed near the Philippines?

That possibility raises as many questions as it answers, like how did it fly for 7 hours and only end up there?

What was the wreckage found way over the other side of the world at Reunion Island from?

This is making less and less sense as times goes by this mystery.
edit on 12-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
If this is true, this has to be planted--I just cant see debris floating that way in the time given. Maybe if it were a couple of years from now, it might beable to float there--but it just seems like a red herring PR stunt for whomever pulled it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ItVibrates

Yeah, it does not seem right at all.

I'm waiting for more to be released about the story.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Claims wreckage, pilot skeleton 'found'

say what?

It is also alleged they managed to get near the wreckage and found skeletal remains in the pilot's chair with the seat belt fastened.

edit on am219318122015-10-12T02:19:34-05:00022015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yeah, I know - I decided not to post that bit for fear of the uproar it would cause.

NZ Herald is a pretty solid MSM source though, and it has treated this story with caution.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

could just be a prank that's gone to far
no photos, they have asked local assets to investigate.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Sugbay Island does seem very remote, so personally I wouldn't say it's impossible.

On Google Maps

However, if it's true, it would raise a lot of questions as those Markosity1973 asked in the OP...
Guess we'll just have to way for confirmation before anything can really be said (or asked)...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Yes the herald is ok. But did you know they are national party supporters.

edit on 12-10-2015 by Cloudbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Perhaps, but cannot be confirmed.

ministrywrite

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This just in from the Star Online - the paper the NZ Herald credited for the OP story

KOTA KINABALU: Police in southern Philippines are baffled over claims of the discovery of aircraft wreckage, with a Malaysian flag inside, in the jungles of a remote island.

A senior Philippines National Police official at the regional headquarters for the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) said there had been no reports of any aircraft crashing on any of their islands

“We will check it out but if there is any aircraft that has gone down in our area there would have been alerts from civil aviation authorities.

Source

It could well be a hoax. Who knows at this point?

**Edit**

Just in now - Manila says no such wreckage exists

KOTA KINABALU: Manila has dismissed claims that the wreckage of the missing MH370 was on one of its islands in the southern Philippines.

Captain Giovanni Carlo Bacordo, commander of Naval Task Force 61 said that they had deployed a gunboat to investigate the claims of a man about the sightings of the wreckage believed to be that of MH370.

“We deployed a gunboat there because of the news. We interviewed the people at the Sugbay Island, the fishermen, but they have no knowledge about it,” said Bacardo.

Source

Looks like someone was after their 5 minutes of fame

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
or someone threw a big wet blanket over it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I call bs. So they were looking for birds and didn't have a camera on them, therefore no photograph of the wreckaged either. Hmmm............

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Maybe they were catching birds to eat.
You know, for food.
No camera required.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
In particular,

originally posted by: markosity1973

**Edit**

Just in now - Manila says no such wreckage exists

KOTA KINABALU: Manila has dismissed claims that the wreckage of the missing MH370 was on one of its islands in the southern Philippines.

Captain Giovanni Carlo Bacordo, commander of Naval Task Force 61 said that they had deployed a gunboat to investigate the claims of a man about the sightings of the wreckage believed to be that of MH370.

“We deployed a gunboat there because of the news. We interviewed the people at the Sugbay Island, the fishermen, but they have no knowledge about it,” said Bacardo.

Source

Looks like someone was after their 5 minutes of fame

Wow, rather damn unfortunate people would fabricate this. Regards to the families having to feel the nightmare's lost hopes once again. Looks like many of the sources coming out in the MSM aren't even updated with this!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Trust Manila?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well if its just a HOAX, then the mods will bin it, so lets salvage this thread with a drinking competition?
Cheap San Miguel stubbies for everyone

San Miguel is the Phillipine beer yeah? I forget after a few

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I call bs. So they were looking for birds and didn't have a camera on them, therefore no photograph of the wreckaged either. Hmmm............

I agree. I was thinking more of bird-watching than bird-hunting. But I still call bs on it being MH370. If nothing else, it could be another crashed plane that went missing or was unreported.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
An interesting theory to explain this has been put forward,and seems to have more credibility than it being the missing flight MH370.A flying Tigers Super Constellation went missing in 1962 on a flight from Travis AFB to Guam and then onto the Phillipines and was never found.In fact there is a conspiracy theory at play here as another super Connie that also left Travis AFB on the same day crashed in the Aleutian Islands,said to be carrying a secret military cargo the same as the Connie that was never found.

en.wikipedia.org...

blogs.crikey.com.au...

(The above taken at my local Gatwick Airport.I live about two miles south of here
)

So is this the most likely explanation for the skeletons,the boys found the long lost Connie and don't know the difference between it and a Boeing 777? But this doesn't explain the claimed Malaysian flag they found.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Well, to be fair if I came across pieces of wreckage, I'd have no idea what plane or came off unless the make and model were stamped on it.

Interesting theory though, I guess we'll have to wait and see. But the island is only 3.8 miles long so I'm pretty sure the inhabitants would have noticed a plane come down on it, even way back then.

edit on 13-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: Imagewerx

Interesting theory though, I guess we'll have to wait and see. But the island is only 3.8 miles long so I'm pretty sure the inhabitants would have noticed a plane come down on it, even way back then.

You would have thought so,and even allowing for the limited number of inhabitants you'd have thought someone would have found it a long time ago.A mother and a couple of kids on a bird spotting trip wouldn't exactly be equipped with special gear to get them to places normally inaccessible to the average passer by would they?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join