It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fond fairwell of the UK's Vulcan bomber.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Huge crowds have gathered to catch a last glimpse of the plane on the first of a two-day tour of the UK.

The bomber, introduced as part of the UK's nuclear programme during the Cold War, saw action during the 1982 Falklands War.

A part of the RAF since 1952, the last remaining model left service in 1993 according to organisers Vulcan to the Sky.

www.bbc.co.uk...

---

Saw this fly over my house, it sounded so fierce.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

Beautiful plane and a British icon , I saw one at the Cosford airshow years ago , a great sight and sound.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I'll be in Cardiff Bay hoping for a glimpse.
Got to stand under one in the early 80s at RAF St. Athan.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My uncle flew these in the 70's. I remember he flew over our house in northern Scotland once when I was about six. Of course, we didn't know he was the pilot until he told us later but as kids we waved to them all regardless. He was involved in some sort of restoration project recently. Beautiful planes.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Been lucky enough to see a few over the years.
If you are ever near Gloucester, visit the jet age museum and for 2 quid you can explore the cockpit of one of these beauties.

When you consider that they are 1950s planes, they're even more incredible.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

One flew at the Southport Airshow in 2013 and it was genuinely awe-inspiring. Talk about 'hang time,' it came in over the beach at a heartbeat above the stall-speed and banked slightly. It was so slow that it seemed to almost hover and the low roar of the engines was quieter than I thought possible for such a veteran craft.

Here's some footage from the other week when Southport had the 2015 airshow:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Awesome isnt it?

I saw it earlier this year and posted some pictures on ATS, Here

Its sad to see what our airforce once was has been cut back to what it is now.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Had the chance to see her perform a show at RAF Fairford this year. Was nice seeing it as the last time I saw one fly I was a lot younger. Here's my favourite pics of the Vulcan I took. A fly by with the red arrows

And this one I like as the pic kind of gives off the impression the Vulcan is banking away that one last time, the final departing .. If you get me

top topics

join