It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians in America Murdered for Their Faith; Media Yawns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

When a white supremacist murdered black parishioners in Charleston, SC, there was national outrage leading to the banning of the Confederate Flag and a fresh discussion of race relations in America. But when Christians are targeted and murdered on a campus in Oregon, much of the nation yawns.

According to eyewitness reports, the Oregon shooter asked students what their religion was, and if they said "Christian" he shot them in the head. Yet the secular media, for the most part, is focusing more on gun laws than on the shooter's alleged anti-Christian motivation. Why?

Can you imagine what would have happened if the shooter went into a creative arts class, asked the students to declare their sexual orientation, and if they said "gay" shot them in the head?

There would be a massive media frenzy, with instant accusations of national homophobia and pulling of quotes from Christian leaders whose failure to support same-sex "marriage" would somehow make them complicit in the deaths.

The same thing would have happened if the killer had targeted Muslims, with immediate charges of "Islamophobia" shouted from coast to coast.

Not so, though, when it's Christians who are killed for their faith.

Is it any surprise, then, that hours after the eyewitness accounts had been released and well after conservative news outlets were reporting the alleged targeting of Christians, liberal news outlets had not said a word about the alleged anti-Christian connection?

It could well be that the Oregon shooter suffered from a mental illness, which suggests that we can't read too much into his actions. But why, then, did we read so much into the Charleston shooter's actions, since he reportedly suffered from a mental illness as well?

The Oregon attack is also one isolated incident, which suggest that we can't extrapolate too much from it in terms of national sentiments towards Christianity. But why, then, did we extrapolate so much from the Charleston shooting in terms of race issues?

When it comes to the Oregon massacre, we still don't know all the facts and, at this point, only God knows the motivation of the murderer. But we do know there is a growing national climate of extreme hostility towards Christianity, and from professional news media to popular social media, it is open season on committed followers of Jesus.

It's one thing to have a civil debate on the meaning of marriage or to disagree on what the Bible teaches on sexuality or to have different perspectives on the best way to address transgender issues.

It's another thing entirely when your failure to support the redefinition of marriage or your adherence to biblical sexuality or your opposition to gender-neutral bathrooms gets you branded as a sick, vile, bigot worthy of death.

Today, it is not just the Bill Mahers and Dan Savages of the world who are trashing Christianity and vilifying conservative believers. It is not just radical liberal professors on college campuses who continue their aggressive attack on people of faith.

Today, Bible-bashing and Christian-mocking is a favorite pastime on social media, replete with unprintable insults, ugly invective, and death wishes galore. Simply stated, it has become part of the larger pop culture.

Within a 72-hour period last week, at least 6 different people posted death wishes on my Facebook page, some getting into graphic detail (including the person who didn't know how to spell pancreatic), while scores of others posted comments that were so ugly they were immediately blocked.

At about the same time, a reviewer of my newest book (which, by the way, has an entire chapter calling on Christians to take the highest moral ground and to overcome evil with good and hatred with love) claimed that, "This book is in pure and perfect alignment with the views of white supremacy groups and the KKK."

Also about this time, someone posted on my Facebook page, "Oh goody another neo Nazi crazy fanatical zealot posting their b****** on my wall." (Actually, we post things on our page; we didn't post anything on that person's wall.)

Of course, this is nothing new for me or other conservative believers, since ridiculous rhetoric like this has been coming our way for years.

The problem is that more and more people actually believe this baseless drivel, and instead of comments like this coming from the most extreme anti-Christian groups and individuals, similar remarks are becoming more and more mainstream.

In short, we are not just dealing with the incremental criminalization of Christianity in America (to use the words of Janet Folger and Mike Huckabee) but with the demonization of Christianity (and Christians) in America. And while this is hardly the first time in the last 2,000 years that believers have been demonized — far from it — it may well be the first time in American history that hostility to the faith is so vile, mean-spirited and widespread.

At this point, we have no idea whether this hostile climate contributed to the Oregon massacre. But it is certain that words have consequences, that hateful people do hateful things, and that when you declare an ideological war against Christianity, the results could be deadly — literally.

This calls for renewed faith, renewed courage, and renewed boldness.

As we unashamedly confess Jesus' name here on earth, He will unashamedly confess our names in heaven.

LINK

Matthew 10: 27-28 - "What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops. "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hatred for Christians and killing us only reaffirms and strengthens our faith.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I wouldn't yawn at anyone being killed BUT I can see why the media would when some keep on telling us Christians are being persecuted...in the USA also :O.
You bleat persecution but forget that some religions persecute others all the time.
Has been a broken record this alleged persecution for years and years.
You want to ban criticism of your religion?.

But as you once said "kill them all let God sort them out eh?".
edit on 8-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Have you ever read the boy who cried wolf btw?.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Maybe they are not covering the one murderous attack on Christians because

Hatred for Christians and killing us only reaffirms and strengthens our faith.

They just want your faith strengthened?

In all seriousness I'm getting fed up of all sorts of groups crowding around any murder or killing, like carrion, to see how to use it to further their agenda, and every time I come on ATS somebody is trying to do it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Strengthen you belief? Doesn't this sort of act show that God doesn't care/exist. How is christians being killed make your belief in God stronger? Hoe could that be other than repeating the same stuff your priest spews. In reality how does this make you stronger? One extra prayer a day? Verbally smite 1 more gay person a day?

If you felt a closeness to god after that tragedy than that is a psychological problem that needs addressing.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

There's some part of the Bible dealing with the end of days that says in the run up the Christ believers will be hated and attacked, so I think they see anyone, from someone questioning their beliefs, to a madman murderer, as cementing that they are right.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Don't worry - that "yawn" was the sleeping masses waking up.

The US propaganda behemoth is a very strong beast, it wants the silent majority to stay asleep whilst it works it's magic ensuring those asleep ignore the elephants in the room.

BTW, the "elephants" are not just Christians, it's also gun-grabbing government and restricting individual freedoms of choice to love and live free of government.

The "magic" is the eternal divide and conquer philosophy.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman
That book has all bases covered. They take into account human nature (hating the misguided) and use it fortify it's followers beliefs. So powerful, to the point objectivity no longer exists.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I really don't buy this Christian Persecution thing at all, it's something Pat Robertson bangs on about. Christians are powerful in America. Claiming Christian Persecution is something a kin to the MRA nut bars saying that white males are persecuted.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

There was coverage on UK news that witnesses said the shooter said stand up if you are Christian, those that did were shot dead (or at least those he shot, I don't know if that was all that had identified themselves as such). Although this sounds like a touchy point, they didn't die for their faith (ie, there is nothing I've seen reported where he said words to the effect of 'I'm here to kill Christians, identify yourselves') IMHO, but because of it - if I understood correctly, when he asked the question it could have been the non-Christians he decided should die.

That's not in anyway demeaning the senseless, ridiculous loss of life regardless of faith, colour, creed, gender/gender preference because some idiot thinks he has a right to take their life away from them

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Do you do anything other than christian post, ats and Sunday school? Christians are the least persecuted religion in the west. How could you think differently, unless your opinion is formed on the basis of Christian post like every other thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The media didn't yawn... But I'd expect as much from a website called christiansomething.com.

That white supremacist killed black Christians in church, right?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Wow, reading the comments here really empizises the point. People seem to be being conditioned to hate Christians and not care when they are being targeted for their faith. Yet Muslims try to kill
People over drawings and the same people defend the Muslims.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

That isn't true at all, Bulk. There isn't any hate of Christians in this thread, you must be projecting.
This killing was racially motivated, but it's been spun to appear to be a religion motivated killing. By the way, FYI the KKK consider themselves a Christian Organisation too.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

So when the OP persecutes others that is fine and dandy? Is it okay for the religious to persecute? like they have done for years? and continue to do so?.
Sorry the OP has made around 5 threads bleating the same BS.
If you think questioning a religion is persecution I pity you.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think the media HAS pointed out a bias against Christians by the shooter, DS. I knew about it, and it seems others in the thread knew about it. So it certainly isn't a secret. I think the issue here, is that Christians are such an overwhelming majority in Western civilization, that the persecution percentages are infinitesimal in comparison to other groups being persecuted. That being the case, it's hard for Christendom to scream persecution, and be taken seriously at present. Especially since historically, Christians ARE the persecutors.

Funny thing is, I don't personally know any atheists, anti-theists, or anti-religionists, that think violence against anyone for their faith is OK. Quite the opposite, they are appalled at the thought. The growing conflict between Christianity and the secular is an intellectual and philosophical debate, and that is the realm it needs to stay in. Murdering people of any faith is NOT a way to "win" the debate for either side.
edit on 10/8/2015 by Klassified because: punct

edit on 10/8/2015 by Klassified because: missed a word.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

...blindly believing this rediculous narrative and talking about it "strengthening our faith" on the Internet makes Christians seem foolish. They only told half the story so others can fill in the blanks and get passionate about it. It's not technically a lie to leave out part of the story and this strategy generates huge profit for networks in on the coverage.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Wow, reading the comments here really empizises the point. People seem to be being conditioned to hate Christians and not care when they are being targeted for their faith. Yet Muslims try to kill
People over drawings and the same people defend the Muslims.

You are spot on!

These people make fun of those who are concerned about the rise in Christophobia
bigotry and prejudice towards Christians
they actually engage in it regularly and then say it doesn't exist;
after engaging in it themselves;

but they are blind
because the media regularly encourages bigotry
toward Christians in TV shows and media and
on the news prejudice for Christians abounds:

but it is so pervasive that the people who are
making fun of Christians see it as normal conversation
and when they say bigoted, ugly, and prejudiced things
they don't see it that way because they are
conditioned to see Christians as sub-human
for their beliefs.

I see it often in the writings
of the people above who have said "yawn" etc
to the killings of Christians, they really don't
care,

In the hearts of the heartless naysayers above they think
Christians deserve it because they think
Christians are persecuting them daily.

Such twisted and perverse mentality is encouraged
by the media and the current administration.

Don't expect any sympathy even if a church in
every state gets hit by some evil madmen.
all at the same time.
The same crowd who wrote above
will sit by and say
"boo hoo" "yawn" "who cares"
you are all imagining things, no one
hates you, every group gets shot
up, deal with it.

I expect that would
be their reaction if thousands of
Christians were lined up in churches
and shot by some evil madman.
Their hearts are cold and hard as stone.

Most of them have stated repeatedly
that the world would be better off
without religion and would like to
see religion abolished from the world.

(They deny that it means that religious
people must go to, because without
religious people we all know
there would be no religion).
The only way to rid the earth of
all religion is to eliminate all the
religious people, but they deny this
and keep saying we are imagining things.

They don't want to kill religious
people just their religion and everything
associated with the religion. (associated
with? as in people?)

In this instance the media is so complicit
in the hatred movement toward
Christians that they rushed to cover
up and literally "white washed"
the whole thing, considering the
shooter was really a black man and
not a white supremacist at all like
they reported. The media prejudice
bias and outright lies showed
big time in this reporting.

edit on 8Thu, 08 Oct 2015 08:54:47 -0500am100810amk084 by grandmakdw because: addition

edit on 8Thu, 08 Oct 2015 08:55:40 -0500am100810amk084 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I think the media HAS pointed out a bias against Christians by the shooter, DS. I knew about it, and it seems others in the thread knew about it. So it certainly isn't a secret. I think the issue here, is that Christians are such an overwhelming majority in Western civilization, that the persecution percentages are infinitesimal in comparison to other groups being persecuted. That being the case, it's hard for Christendom to scream persecution, and be taken seriously at present. Especially since historically, Christians ARE the persecutors.

Funny thing is, I don't personally know any atheists, anti-theists, or anti-religionists, that think violence against anyone for their faith is OK. Quite the opposite, they are appalled at the thought. The growing conflict between Christianity and the secular is an intellectual and philosophical debate, and that is the realm it needs to stay in. Murdering people of any faith is NOT a way to "win" the debate for either side.

I'd be extremely cautious with the comments in your last paragraph, not only does history show that having no faith hasn't stopped the cull of those who profess a faith, and if you look for terms such as millitant atheist, atheism etc, you may be surprised. Not sure why you should though, atheism where people group together to profess it fairly much defines it as a cult - although I'm sure many would take umbrage at that.

anyhow, neither here nor there really in the context of this thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
christian persecution? really?

how many people in history were murdered in the name of christ the redeemer?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join