It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians in America Murdered for Their Faith; Media Yawns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Well, that first post was my first impression to deathslayers op. now here's my second thought: I have a certain distaste for those who take advantage of others tragedies for martyrdom purposes. The politics happening in this thread sickens me.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: amicktd

wtf
When have non religious type been asked about it then shot for the answer?

Don't be mad at me because I speak the truth. Public Correctness can kiss my ###.
edit on 8-10-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

The US propaganda behemoth is a very strong beast

So is the support it receives world wide from many that sit back and take pot shots at Christians in the U.S.

I'd take pot shots at muslims, hindu's, buddists, etc. for playing the victim card too. It is tragic what happens, but using it to further an agenda is just sick and untasteful.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
I can respect that and my intentions are simply to remind that kids were shot in the head because they had big enough balls to stand there with a gun in their face and state their belief.

Many call it fairy tale but that displayed is real as it gets and can not be killed.

I mean just think about that for a second... they had a choice and choose to be true to themselves and beliefs

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: Klassified

Not surprised.

ad hominem post.

Sigh. Honestly I expected more from you.

Not the others, they are so entrenched
in their hatred that they are blind to
their own deep and entrenched hatred
of Christians.

Not so you.

Just add Non- before the Christians part and you basically explained your stance.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

So is the support it receives world wide from many that sit back and take pot shots at Christians in the U.S.

I'd take pot shots at muslims, hindu's, buddists, etc. for playing the victim card too. It is tragic what happens, but using it to further an agenda is just sick and untasteful.

I am all for meaningful points being made but so far your comments in this have been more than just weak. You are free to say whatever you want but you will not win anybody over by stepping on the last actions of school kids that stood strong in the face of death.

You are likely better than that you display and I have likely missed any relative point you try to make.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

I am all for meaningful points being made but so far your comments in this have been more than just weak. You are free to say whatever you want but you will not win anybody over by stepping on the last actions of school kids that stood strong in the face of death.

You are likely better than that you display and I have likely missed any relative point you try to make.

Yea well I'm tired of the religious types, not all of them, but a bunch on this website using someone else's tragedy to further their agenda. Do I have to repeat that again?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

A huge quote from a webpage, followed by a quote from the Bible, followed by a one-line comment? You might as well just post a link only if you wanted to promote this author.

Also, boo-hoo, waaah-waaah, everyone's out to get me

I'm Christian, and I don't feel the least-bit persecuted, but people who focus on people and things who are anti-Christian tend to feel that way, and invite backlash. I have yet to experience feeling AT ALL persecuted for being Christian. When you focus on tiny, yet loud segments of the population, your world view tends to be corrupted. It's one of the curses of the internet, typically affecting those among us who are either easily led, or live the victim mentality - the ability to choose to focus on and amplify tiny things and allow them to control your perceptions and worldview.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Do you do anything other than christian post, ats and Sunday school? Christians are the least persecuted religion in the west. How could you think differently, unless your opinion is formed on the basis of Christian post like every other thread.

That was true in the past, but it is no longer true. The muslims hate each other; fight and kill each other. People are so adamantly defending them, a comparison to Christianity inevitably ensues. The more it goes on --- the worse it gets. It's like we have allowed those detestable fighting and persecuting behaviors into our own societies.

We, as Christians have always lived quietly and peacefully. We still mostly are in a "sticks and stones make break my bones", mode, but it concerns me that the brutal way of life of the Middle Eastern Muslims may take hold here.

I rather thought we could set an example of how different religions live side by side in peace. But that is not to be the case, it seems. Rather, Islam is bringing it's hatred and fighting to us. It is here, on this thread, and on many, many threads on this site.

Everybody who is bashing Christianity is worsening the situation. Stirring the pot of hatred until it boils over.
It's what you're doing.
edit on 10/8/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Do I have to repeat that again?

Whatever helps you.

You can cry all you want but the fact is that Christians were targeted and you are using the tragedy yourself to fight an online battle.

not much difference between you or the others in this situation

we all get that many are angry at religion and have become militant IN THEIR ONLINE PLIGHT.

it is entertaining at times and other times it is just sickening to see

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I'm Christian, and I don't feel the least-bit persecuted

You are lucky but you are trying to relate the plight of all Christians to your own plight.

If you had a gun pointed and being asked to state your faith i bet you would still be able to post the event the next day and if not you would surely know what it is like.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Do I have to repeat that again?

Whatever helps you.

You can cry all you want but the fact is that Christians were targeted and you are using the tragedy yourself to fight an online battle.

not much difference between you or the others in this situation

we all get that many are angry at religion and have become militant IN THEIR ONLINE PLIGHT.

it is entertaining at times and other times it is just sickening to see

I'm not the one creating thread after thread about how christians are being persecuted and oppressed. Yet everytime I pull money out of my wallet it says "In God We Trust". The only oppressing that is going on is between the religions, while us non-religious get stuck in the middle of it all.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Shame on the OP and shame anyone falling for his BS.
There are people in the world who are really being persecuted by others not criticized which the OP can not distinguish between but actual real persecution.
The OP sits in his house perfectly safe with no chance of being harmed because of where she is and the fact she is Christian while some in the world live in fear because of what other religions do.
Shame on the OP attempting to cry wolf and shame on the people falling for this fake poor me persecution complex.
Cowards.
Oh and OP you are now as bad a Kanye West...he bleats fake persecution also.
edit on 8-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Shhhhhhh everybody.

Saying realistic things about Christianity on ATS..... you know it's not permitted.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What I want to know is: Why the hell did they STAND UP? After the FIRST person got shot for saying "yes", how stupid does one have to be to answer "YES" instead of "no" when it comes your 'turn'?

If there's ever a time to keep a low profile, it's when you know you'll be shot in the head if you say "Yes, I'm a Christian."!!!! How hard is that to do?

How about just keep your mouth shut about it?
In fact all of you Christians - just keep it to yourself - don't go about advertising it and then whine! Keep yourself to yourself, and no one would even know you were Christian. Gays don't often have the luxury of going incognito. But CHRISTIANS DO.
That's what's so ridiculous about this.

You can claim persecution when you are forced to wear an emblem or have a crucifix tattooed on your forehead.
Until then, don't talk to strangers holding guns. And don't tell homicidal maniacs exactly what will ensure your untimely and sad demise.

Are you afraid if you say, 'No, I'm not' IN ORDER TO SAVE YOUR OWN LIFE you will go to hell? Preposterous.

If you're DEAD there's NOTHING you can do for ANYONE still living.

edit on 10/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

So you are blaming the Christians for their own deaths? I could have sworn it was a madman gunman out to murder people.

How about just keep your mouth shut about it?

I think you might do well to take your own advice.

That's what's so ridiculous about this.

What is so ridiculous about it is that madmen are still allowed to purchase guns, and when they do, the victims are blamed for their deaths.

edit on 10/8/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Many call it fairy tale but that displayed is real as it gets and can not be killed.

I mean just think about that for a second... they had a choice and choose to be true to themselves and beliefs

and die.

That's "ballsy"? No. In my opinion, it's idiotic. Absolutely stupid.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No, I'm pissed that you all think those kids - KIDS - are some kind of heroes and martyrs for not keeping themselves ALIVE.
They are KIDS.
This guy was a madman, and anyone who answered "yes" to him was not using good judgment.

WHO TAUGHT THEM to give up their LIVES for some cultish belief???

THAT is why I will NOT shut up about it.
As soon as you all shut up about it and just worship in private, you won't be picked on anymore. And as soon as you stop teaching your kids they are hopeless sinners and will go to hell if they don't say "I am a Christian", I will stop blaming YOU for their inability to think straight.

Those kids are DEAD. Gone, forever, from this world. Think of all the lives they've ruined now - all of their loved ones...
it's as thoughtless as committing suicide. Now all of their loved ones will live in misery.

Have you ever known the families of suicides? I have. It hurts. A parent NEVER gets over burying a child.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

What is so ridiculous about it is that madmen are still allowed to purchase guns, and when they do, the victims are blamed for their deaths.

The first clause - that a madman can get a gun, you are right about. We need stricter enforcement of laws ALREADY EXISTING to keep guns out of the hands of maniacs.

But if a person is in a group who were gunned down, and "plays dead" until the shooter leaves, they get to LIVE.
They don't wave their hands in the air on the shooter's way out and say "Hey, I'm still alive over here!"

Think about it.
If someone is going to kill you IF YOU ADMIT TO BE a person with ideas that they have declared they will kill - then who is to blame?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I will no longer respond to people who are so full of hatred, and bigotry they become irrational. I can't discuss anything with a person who is yelling in all caps, and only sees things from a perverted persepective.

You have your opinion. I disagree -- yet simultaneously will not pursue further discourse with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join