It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Islam Protests across the US Oct 10th, warns CAIR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com... From the Article:

"The Council for Islamic-American Relations (CAIR,) the nation's leading Muslim civil rights group, issued a warning to mosques nationwide Sunday to take additional safety measures ahead of the event.

CAIR cited a Facebook page titled "Global Rally for Humanity," as being the focal point for planning what is right now estimated to be 20 separate rallies nationwide. The group is calling on protesters to be armed where permitted."

Ive learned recently that there are 3 types of Jihad, the second is to claim persecution. So, I dont know if this is just the Muslim community being manipulated by fear, of if its a real rally. But, from the article, Oath Keepers were mentioned, so it could be interesting to see what happens with this.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1 From the Face book Page:

Here is a Google map of the anti-Islamic rally sites that have been announced by the hate group, Global Rally for Humanity. There is a rally scheduled here in Washington, DC on October 10th. It will be held at the "Masjid Muhammad". The address is 1519 4th St NW, Washington, DC 20001.

www.google.com...

edit on 4-10-2015 by misskat1 because: trying to embed map

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Heck I bet many members will be marching with them.
I hate all religion but do find it funny that Christians and Muslims and Jews are worshiping the same God but still can not get along.
Xenophobia is rife.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Too confrontational. My apologies.
edit on 4-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

There are several references to the types of Jihad on Google. I would have added links, but I would rather stay neutral to the argument. I didnt make it up. Some call it lesser and greater Jihad.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

There is only 2...

Lesser and Greater...

One is physical, the other is internal/spiritual...

There is no third Jihad.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Anywho, it's nothing to do with fearful manipulation...

It clearly says in the article it is being announced so the protests do not become marred with violence or backlash, nor that the congregation becomes provoked unexpectedly.

No big deal.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Im sure you know more about the Jihads than I do, when I was searching the types, some articles mentioned 3 some said 4, I have no idea.

Personally, I think Jihad means different things to different sects of Muslims. I see some as peaceful, some not so peaceful.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

slam: Truth or Myth?
Interestingly, not many Muslims want to accept that Allah was already being worshipped at the Ka'ba in Mecca by Arab pagans before Muhammad came. Some Muslims become angry when they are confronted with this fact. But history is not on their side. Pre-Islamic literature has proved this." (Who Is This Allah?, G. J. O. Moshay, 1994, p 138) "But history establishes beyond the shadow of doubt that even the pagan Arabs, before Muhammad's time, knew their chief god by the name of Allah and even, in a sense, proclaimed his unity...Among the pagan Arabs this term denoted the chief god of their pantheon, the Kaaba, with its three hundred and sixty idols." (The Moslem Doctrine of God, Samuel M. Zwemer 1905, p 24-25) In fact, he did not at first intend to establish a new religion, but rather to reform the belief in Allah which already existed, and to show what this belief truly signified and rightfully demanded. (Mohammed: The man and his faith, Tor Andrae, 1936, Translated by Theophil Menzel, 1960, p13-30)

Source

I had heard from somewhere that Allah was used by Mohamed because Arabs were familiar with the word due to it being a deity in the Temple of Baal. I have also seen it referred to as the standard Arab word for God and there seems to be some different claims depending who you ask. I am not sure they refer to the same God. However, Islam accepts the bible and just believes Jesus was a profit and not God.

Jesus always told people that got on the ground worshiping his or whatever to get up that he was not God. I am not sure how or why the narrative changed on that. I would like to have a muslim explain if they think Allah is the same God of the Old Testament just to clear up the issue for me.

edit on 4/10/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Greater Jihad is a struggle against sin, temptation or just everyday internal struggles we need to overcome...

Lesser Jihad is physical conflict against those who would fight aggressively against Islam...
Self defence against religious persecution basically...

Jihadism, as seen in the news is war against infidels for whatever reason the Jihadist determines...

So I guess technically there is now 3 types, but the third is basically just terrorism given an Arabic word to make it sound more Muslimy.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Donate your arms and maybe we'll have world peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Allah is just a word, not a name...

A more common name for Allah is Rahmanir Rahim...
Among many others...

What you said is like saying the God of the bible is just Zeus because Zeus was God thousands of years before Bible God showed up...

God is just a word, so is Allah...
The names you're looking for are The Most Merciful, The Beneficial, and more...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Thanks, that makes sense and I never heard the other names.

edit on 4/10/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

I'm afraid all the ladies I know would miss my hugs so no

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I think you are right. There are devoted Muslims who have picked the verses they choose to validate their violence. I dont think a lot of them have known anything but violence, and poverty. So, I think this violent mindset has evolved from the atrocities they have lived with all their lives. There is no excuse for being a terrorist, and I still mistrust the refugees that are coming here. Not because I dont like Muslims or because I disagree with their religion, but because I truly believe there will be terrorists in the group.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Just like some Christains pick and choose what to follow and use for their own bigotry hiding behind religion.
it really makes me wonder ATS is supposed to be a bastion of denying ignorance but people still fear others who are different from them.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Jesus is not God, but that does not take away from His divine nature as the Son. Islam denies Him the divine nature as the Son.

And I've heard nothing about this anti-Islam protest. Why is CAIR promoting it?

edit on 4-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I was raised christian, so my first thought is to pray to the God of Abraham, but recently as my 18 yr old drove off in the rain, and I began to pray to the 'God of Abraham", it occurred to me that his dysfunctional family is to blame for most of the worlds problems. So, Im not so sure I want the God of Abraham's "protection" on my family, as He cant even fix His own family.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Man does not know god but we can ourselves can never trust anyone who tells you who God is.
Basically don't trust religion God doesn't need a religion neither do we.
Heck If everyone kept their relationship with God personal and didn't try and tell others about her we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.
edit on 4-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Charlie pointed out that they are just trying to warn of the possibilities so the Mosques can prepare their people from provoking the protesters. I think if people really thought about it, it isnt Islam that we are afraid of, its the terrorists that uses Islam to validate their violence that makes us afraid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join