It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POPE: Interfaith Service, Bring All Religions Together, JESUS Failed At The Cross

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

"To see and evaluate things from God’s perspective calls for constant conversion in the first days and years of our vocation and, need I say, great humility. The cross shows us a different way of measuring success. Ours is to plant the seeds: God sees to the fruits of our labors. And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus… and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross"

www.washingtonpost.com...

Francis selected Ground Zero as the place in the United States he wanted to have an interfaith gathering

www.inquisitr.com...

Pope Francis: 'Bring All Religions Together,' Concept Of One Denomination Raises Concerns

This is all good stuff! Getting over our diferences, and denominations! Well it would help if he could speak in English, esp since Spanish is in the same family, but oh well it is what it is... Hopefully just 'lost in translation'

edit on 25-9-2015 by Milah because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Is he really saying Jesus failed? Only a total fool would declare that to be true. Imagine the penalty for that on judgement day.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Is he really saying Jesus failed? Only a total fool would declare that to be true. Imagine the penalty for that on judgement day.

A total fool who has acess to more secret religious text then you have ever seen .

I am not Christian but i agree with what he's. Saying.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I would venture to say he was discussing more mankinds failure for the whole event to happen in the first place..but then again, who knows. religion is weird.

I like this pope though..he has a reasonable and rational voice. sadly that is sort of new and remarkable in the church...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
He's turned to embracing Islam. And he can move there.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Very disappointing. Spoken as if he were Lucifer himself. Very sad for my brothers who call themselves Catholic... A verysad day. Christ was successful, humanly speaking, in that he lead a righteous life, and we should all aspire to the same. Thankfully, spiritually speaking, we can be forgiven for our failures.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

A total fool who has acess to more secret religious text then you have ever seen .

That doesn't mean he can make up his own rules.. I can say with an honest and clear conscious that Jesus did NOT fail. And anyone saying he did, does so at their own risk. This POPE does not represent God, or God's Son and is a blasphemous fool.

Oh, and that is also why you agree with him, you are not a Christian.. Makes perfect sense.
edit on 25-9-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i pray every night that the religions of the world will nite and spread the message of love and respect for one another despite our differences and similarities.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

He most likely needs socked in the head. That whole vicar of Christ and
crooked cross and graven image thing just never set well with me any way.
The Catholic people God bless them seem to be led by a wolf in sheeps clothing.

edit on Rpm92515v58201500000038 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Jesus did not fail, if he has said this then the catholic church is now under an anti christ and that is the first time I have brooked that thought but it would be in accord with St Malachais prediction en.wikipedia.org...

Jesus said "IT IS FULLFILLED" or "IT IS DONE" that is not a failure and he also said "MY OWN SHALL COME UNTO ME" so if the pope is actually saying that then he is no longer a servant of Christ as remember Christ is both the sacrifice and the high priest while the pople is only a representative on earth, if he therefore does not represent Christ as Christ wishes to be represented then he is an imposter and that is no lie, this is not the end of the catholic church but it's beginning as now St Peter is the pope again if this be the case but of course he is with Christ so that moved the authority and seal of the church from the earth back to heaven until christ comes, this is a sign of the tribulation.

Further if he has said that Christ failed then he has Excommunicated himself like the Borgia did and alligned himself with the anti Christ.

If you believe in christ no matter what denomination then pray for the church as the body of christ on earth and remember the church is not some building or some denomination it is were any two or more are gathered in Christs name, man divided his body but in him we are made whole so that body is still one whether you are protestant, catholic or even mormon (No i do not agree with polygamy, good lord one nagging wife is enough).
edit on 25-9-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

You should have ended at total fool, you were still correct at that point.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
English is in the Germanic language family where Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and French are in the Romance language family.

Being that the Pope knows several different languages and English is not his first language, its possible that he mistranslated and conveyed a different meaning unintentionally.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
maybe what he is saying is that Jesus wasn't so much destined to end up at the cross as much as mankind wasn't ready (probably still aren't) to hear the message he gave us. Maybe it was more that God sent us a great gift, but well, we slapped a no thank you note onto it and sent it back to God? And well, after we did that, we had to come up with some kind of good story to make it all look like it wasn't our fault!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: collietta
English is in the Germanic language family where Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and French are in the Romance language family.

Being that the Pope knows several different languages and English is not his first language, its possible that he mistranslated and conveyed a different meaning unintentionally.

I hope for the sake of avoiding malachais prediction and warning.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Pope Francis seems like a nice guy.

But in my opinion that's exactly what they wanted, a slightly progressive Pope who preaches about Climate Change and accepting gay people so that those who generally criticize the church would see this as a huge step in the right direction.

It's all ruse in my opinion. The Catholic Church is one of the world's most opulent criminal organizations, a dangerous rogue nation operating in plain site that no one seems to care has orchestrated and carried out centuries of bloodshed and violence and even in recent times has covered-up institutionalized mass sex abuse.

He upholds a few reasonable positions, says a few moderate things, revises a few terrible Catholic beliefs and suddenly even my fellow atheists are celebrating him. Every time they wheel out this puppet to say something slightly more up to date than the Church's ordinarily insane stances I have to wonder what new sins they might be distracting us all from.

If any other organization had the track record of the Catholic Church, considering both modern and ancient deeds, it'd be labeled a terror group and you'd hear Republicans talking about whether we should put boots on the ground. But because its Christian and has managed to delude over a billion people, many of them white, never mind, let's all applaud the Pope and welcome him with open arms.

Nevermind that a man in a dress who works for a bunch of child molesters and their enablers is claiming to be in contact with the CREATOR of the Universe.

Religion doesn't need to be united, it needs to go the way of comic books, turned into nothing more than distracting fiction and cosplay fodder.

/rant.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

For those who have no idea:

More detailed information here: www.gci.org...

www.bibleinfo.com...

How does Jesus' death save us?

Martin Luther said that as God, He could not die, so He became man in order to die. On the cross, he accepted the sin of man against Himself. As a perfectly innocent man he accepted the injustice of man against man.

The death of Christ accomplishes reconciliation, or reconnecting us back to God. Romans 3:25 says, "...whom God set forth as a propitiation" for our sins. "Propitiation" literally means "something that appeases a deity." However, in the Biblical sense it means much more than this. It can mean to "accept hurt", to "forgive", to "show mercy." As sinners we transgress God's perfect law and have no legal right to exist. But God himself who sits as Judge accepts the hurt, pays the price, forgives, and offers mercy.

If a husband should say a harsh word against his wife, and the wife does not retaliate, but lets the word fall upon her heart and crush her spirit; if she forgives and treats her husband as though he had offered only words of praise she pays the price of his sin against her.

It is this way that God pays the price of our salvation. The Bible does not say that Jesus paid a propitiation, but that He is a propitiation for our sins (Rom. 3:25, 1 John 2:2; 4:10). This means that He, being God, bears the hurt in order to give mercy and forgiveness.

The Bible has many other ways to show how God Himself bears our sinfulness in order to bring us back into fellowship with Him. The story of the prodigal son is one example (Luke 15:11-32). In this story, the father representing our Heavenly Father, accepted the son back into his home and heart even though the son had taken things that could not be restored.

This is what God is like. The cross speaks to mankind for all time. It is graphic enough to reach the most hardened criminal, as well as the most sensitive humanist. Christianity not only acknowledges the cruelty to God in the cross, but dwells on the reconciliation that was won by the cross. The Bible says: "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life" (Romans 5:10).

Christianity focuses on the loving favor God bestowed upon each one who receives the salvation of the cross. The Bible says: "He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32). This means that peace with God, eternal life, and a glorious future are ours through the sacrifice of Jesus. We may never fully understand it, but we experience the peace, love, and joy that flow from the cross.
Why did Jesus need to die in order to forgive us?

There is another reason which is often overlooked. Satan tried to use God's perfect righteousness as a reason why God should not save sinners. Satan accused God of being a self-serving Judge, saving man for God's own benefit. Thus it was necessary for Jesus to die in order to answer this question before the entire universe (Rev. 12:10, 5:9, 12). This accusation of Satan was cast down at the cross, when Jesus demonstrated to the universe that He, a member of the Godhead, was perfectly unselfish, even unto death.

The unfallen beings of the universe could see that God did indeed become flesh and that Jesus tasted of eternal death. He died under the condemnation of our sins. The Bible says "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, "Cursed is every one who hangeth on a tree" (Galatians 3:13). This curse was recognized to be eternal loss. When Jesus accepted the consequence of our sin against Himself, He could not see beyond the portals of the tomb. He said: "My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death" (Matthew 26:38) and "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" (Mark 15:34).

He was fully conscious that He was God, yet existing as man He was willing to accept the hostility of sin against himself and die rather than treat sinful mankind as they deserve. What greater argument could be set forth to demonstrate unselfishness? This gives a perfect God a perfect right to save sinners.

Sinners may receive this justification and become safe to save (Romans 5:17)! Repentance comes as we see how our sins treated Christ (Acts 5:31). When we confess our sins and ask Him to remove sin from our lives, He will give us power to become safe to save (1 John 1:9, John 3, 1 John 3:9). As we receive this salvation we will seek forgiveness from those we have wronged and live a life of love by His power.
edit on 25-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

that really doesnt make sense, Jesus was never a failure, his words have been read and studied by billions of people all around the world, so doesnt seem anything at all like failure on his part. He said what he needed to say and his words today are just as relevant as they were two thousand years ago

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is what God is like. The cross speaks to mankind for all time

Awesome

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

abcnews.go.com...

The cross shows us a different way of measuring success. Ours is to plant the seeds. God sees to the fruits of our labors. And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and not produce fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus Christ and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross.

Yeah..... Failure of the cross is what he said as though Yashua was not "supposed" to be the sacrifice for sin.

False Prophet Radar On.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What you have written here has just helped me. Thank you.

No matter where we find ourselves in life, we can always use a helping word or a helping hand.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join