It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

91-year-old woman charged over 260,000 Auschwitz deaths

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It doesn't take a genius to realise that they cannot get the big guys and never have because they are protected by the USA so they go after the tiny fish. People that help the camp function? For 3 months? Good grief! So because she it was war, and she was either patriotic or conscripted, did a menial task of operating the radio for 3 months, she now stands trial 70yrs later on "moral grounds" for helping the camp function....ridiculous.

Retrospective trials on "moral grounds" could have far reaching repercussions but of course it won't because only the Zionists seem to be able to get away with such bending of the law. They are not the only people in history either before or after WW2 to suffer from such dreadful genocide, but they sure as hell are the only ones that refuse to let it drop and move on.

None of us were there, we have no idea what she was privvy to but very unlikely anything of importance. The propaganda machine went into full tilt after the war against the Nazi scum and it took the Germans a long time to get past it and move on and build up their nation. The vast majority of Germans were completely unaware of the actual purpose of the camps other than concentration camps. This happens in war plain & simple. You follow orders or you get shot as a traitor and I stand by my post that she would NOT have had a choice in the matter of either where she was posted or following her orders and operating her radio. I'm sure she probably saw things that haunted her for a long time but who was she supposed to tell?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

She was in the SS...in 1944....you think she didn't know what was going on in a death camp that she worked at for 3 months?

It could be she was never in the death camp. There were three Auschwitz camps two were forced labor and the other was the death camp. So it's very possible she never stepped foot in the death camp. These "Nazi hunters" are just using peoples ignorance of those facts to be able to keep charging people with murder.
edit on 8610000000630America/ChicagoTue, 22 Sep 2015 14:40:06 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

She was in the SS...in 1944....you think she didn't know what was going on in a death camp that she worked at for 3 months?

It could be she was never in the death camp. There were three Auschwitz camps two were forced labor and the other was the death camp. So it's very possible she never stepped foot in the death camp. These "Nazi hunters" are just using peoples ignorance of those facts to be able to keep charging people with murder.

Ha..I almost spat my gatorade on myself. Wait....so you are all for giving forced labor camps the go ahead? Awesome.....let's start rounding up the illegals! No need to pay them anymore and it is all good as long as they are not death camps.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Next are the children of the camp workers...
they must have knew what was going on.....
/sarcasm

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

None of us were there, we have no idea what she was privvy to but very unlikely anything of importance. The propaganda machine went into full tilt after the war against the Nazi scum and it took the Germans a long time to get past it and move on and build up their nation. The vast majority of Germans were completely unaware of the actual purpose of the camps other than concentration camps. This happens in war plain & simple. You follow orders or you get shot as a traitor and I stand by my post that she would NOT have had a choice in the matter of either where she was posted or following her orders and operating her radio. I'm sure she probably saw things that haunted her for a long time but who was she supposed to tell?

Nope, none of us were there....she was. She obviously knew she was in trouble as it has taken this long for them to find her. She knew, that as a Nazi SS, she was wanted. She knew that she had done something wrong. She hid for 60+ years from it. That is a lot of time to think and live a nice life. To say she knew nothing of what was going on with killing of millions of people is ridiculous.

You think she, as a Nazi SS, thought she was just free to walk away after the war? You think, even if there was some possible way she didn't know what was going on at the time, that somehow she didn't know in the last 60 years? It doesn't appear as if she came forward to help herself when she was recruited, nor in the 60 years since....and she damn sure well knows what happened there at this point. I have no sympathy for her at all.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

How on earth do you know she "hid"? They probably weren't even looking for her until now when the barrel was empty

Its not a matter of sympathy its a matter of logic and setting a precedent. You cannot make the soldiers pay for the acts and orders of their superiors in a time of war. If you could there would be a constant stream of trials in many countries

But you still haven't answered my question and others' ...what could she have done exactly? You are aware I presume that their families and friends were threatened regularly as was the done thing at that time? You are aware that she was just 20 yrs old having spent half her life being brought up with the Nazi propaganda machine?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Ha..I almost spat my gatorade on myself. Wait....so you are all for giving forced labor camps the go ahead? Awesome.....let's start rounding up the illegals! No need to pay them anymore and it is all good as long as they are not death camps.

So it's ok to charge a person for working in a labor camp for the deaths of people she had nothing to do with? So you have no problem with people being falsely accused? So much for justice.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Next are the children of the camp workers...
they must have knew what was going on.....
/sarcasm

Don't give the Nazi hunters any ideas everyone is almost dead already so they will need someone new to blame.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

So it's ok to charge a person for working in a labor camp for the deaths of people she had nothing to do with? So you have no problem with people being falsely accused? So much for justice.

I'm basing my stance from the story that the prosecutor has ample proof of her involvement. Where are you getting your falsely accused stance from?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

When have any of them called for the prosecution of kids of nazi's accused of war crimes?

I really don't understand why you all are so up in arms about this? If the woman is guilty, should she not answer for her crimes? I really don't care if she's ninety one, or nineteen. There is reason to believe she may have been involved in these heinous crimes...it should be investigated.

I'm sorry as all get out some of you don't like it. Really I am.

Let justice be done, though the heavens may fall.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

As with so many of these show trials, such a lot of the evidence has in the past been based on eye witness testimony from 70yrs ago which cannot possibly be reliable after such a length of time. Memories dim, vengeance takes the place of justice, papers are lost/destroyed, records inaccurate or destroyed and actual concrete evidence of actual involvement....how on earth is that obtainable when almost everyone is dead?

My whole beef with this is it should not be possible to prosecute the workforce for the actions of those in charge simply because they were there. I know of no other situation whereby soldiers or workers have copped the fall for their superiors in such a way

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

That is why it's called investigation.

If there is nothing but seventy year old hearsay, then prosecution could become persecution. ...and that is a no go.

The nazi's were impeccable record keepers, if there is evidence found in those records then as I quoted above, let justice be done, though the heavens may fall.

If you had lost family in such a horrific fashion, wouldn't you crave justice even seventy years later, if the chance presented itself? I would certainly think about it.

I know survivors of the death camps. ...and I know people who lost family to them. Usually they're one and the same. So I freely admit to something of a bias.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

How on earth do you know she "hid"? They probably weren't even looking for her until now when the barrel was empty

Its not a matter of sympathy its a matter of logic and setting a precedent. You cannot make the soldiers pay for the acts and orders of their superiors in a time of war. If you could there would be a constant stream of trials in many countries

But you still haven't answered my question and others' ...what could she have done exactly? You are aware I presume that their families and friends were threatened regularly as was the done thing at that time? You are aware that she was just 20 yrs old having spent half her life being brought up with the Nazi propaganda machine?

They have been looking for these people for a LONG time. As time has moved on they have uncovered more so they then search for them. How do I know she "hid"? I don't, but I can presume that if you and I knew about the crimes happening through our history books as kids, mine being 28 or so years ago, she likely did too.....

To answer your question, she could have stood up for something as many in her position have done in the past. I would wonder how many did and died for it.

Your line of questioning sounds oddly like a sympathizer in many respects. Do you have the same thoughts for those that are indoctrinated into religious fanaticism only to work with the group towards mass killings? Are they just in need of hugs and being told all is ok?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yes and I know survivors or knew but I doubt they would want justice at any price! They wanted the big boys the experimenters and despicable doctors and surgeons and ones who gave the orders, not the bloody typists chefs refuse collectors and the like, what justice is there in that? Were you aware that the Israelis even wanted those women who were part of Joy Division prosecuted for collaboration? Again, like they had a choice. Those women were killed on a whim

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
What are they going to do when the last of them are dead? Go after their children? Ridiculous.

Why would they? Their children did not commit any crimes against humanity.

Because they won't let it die. And neither did a lot of them...at least no more so than those most people fighting war commit.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I highly doubt they have been looking for an ex radio operator with 3 months experience at Auschwitz, they more than likely and yes its an assumption, fell across her by accident and thought screw it lets prosecute her because she was there and it keeps the holocaust alive if every year they have yet another trial based on some aging witness testimonies. Like with so many other situations in this world, the ones at the bottom are the easy targets whilst the real culprits get rewarded with freedom and protection in other countries because they are useful

I don't know what planet you're on but you seriously think some young girl in a lowly position is going to challenge the men of the SS??? Get real

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I highly doubt they have been looking for an ex radio operator with 3 months experience at Auschwitz, they more than likely and yes its an assumption, fell across her by accident and thought screw it lets prosecute her because she was there and it keeps the holocaust alive if every year they have yet another trial based on some aging witness testimonies. Like with so many other situations in this world, the ones at the bottom are the easy targets whilst the real culprits get rewarded with freedom and protection in other countries because they are useful

I don't know what planet you're on but you seriously think some young girl in a lowly position is going to challenge the men of the SS??? Get real

Again...you know as much as I do in this case....and in this case the prosecutors say they have enough to bring her to trial.

As far as the planet I am on, no, I expect her to comply with orders and if they said to radio for the next 300 people to be gassed and direct them in then I would expect her to do it....good for her! /sarcasm

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Yes. In point of fact I am aware of them. If you're asking if I thought it was right? Of course not.

Israel has a blind spot where the Holocaust is concerned. ...and we wonder why? I certainly don't.

When Israel says never again, they damned well mean it. Or no more Masada's, they damned well mean it.

But y'all really needn't worry too much. Within the next decade or so, they'll all be dead, and answering to a higher authority.

...and I doubt very much if they'll be prosecuting their children.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It's best we forget it ever happened, right? So history has an even better chance to repeat itself.

Seventy years ago, or seven hundred years ago...Events like this should never be forgotten. Ever.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

No-one is saying to forget not that its likely anyway there are many reminders and yes it shouldn't be forgotten but neither should revenge take precedence over common sense. This woman is being held accountable for 260,000 deaths simply by being there. That is not justice that is vengeance pure and simple. When finally all the nazis and those affected died, how do you think the holocaust will be remembered then? History books, memorials and word of mouth the same as anything else. Trying to keep it all fresh and alive prevents people from moving on and a line has to be drawn somewhere. If the same rules applied for the genocides committed by the Khmer Rouge or Idi Amin or any of the hundreds of others I would be unable to argue (although I might try) but the rules seem only to apply to Israel.

I will wait with baited breath for the war trials for Israel's atrocities and genocide against the Palestinians

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join