It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

91-year-old woman charged over 260,000 Auschwitz deaths

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sure..I would say billions in reparations have been spent on African American cultural programs, funding, etc over the years.

Those programs are used by other races as well so to say it is reparations for slavery is wrong.

Nope they are not in another nation, but the racism and slavery all stems from their "parent nation" selling them in the first place.

And just what parent nation would that be? Africa is a continent not a nation. Palin is that you?

just similarities with the accusations and stories that wreaks of bias when it comes to people crying over this SS Nazi POS being tried for crimes.

No there is no similarity if these people didn't do the jobs that were given to them then they would be executed. Putting this woman who had no hand in killing anyone on trial is just an act of vengeance not justice.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Are you racist?

-Toy the Bear

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Were those people ever brought to "justice"?

-Toy the Bear

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's a man, baby.

Oskar Groening

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

That to my mind is just plain stupidity. Hundreds if not thousands of people are aware of the CIA's various roles and the US Government and many other Governments. By what you're saying, anyone who works for a Government department is guilty!

it's more than likely that hundreds and not thousands that participate in the "atrocities and war mongering", and those that do to my mind criminals. all one has to do is look at the CIA, DEA, FBI, in the War On Drugs to know this.

those that collect intel, analyze it, take that info work up a plan, pass that plan on and are aware that atrocities are going to take place, and crimes are going to be committed are indeed criminals. no matter how a government wants to pass a law for the need for that agency and the actions taken.

if she in doing her job, knew all of the pertinent information, then yes hang her ass until shes dead, dead, dead.

So by the same token why would some 20yr old radio operator believe the rumourmill even if she was aware of it which I doubt, information was hard to come by in those days and certainly during wartime propaganda played a huge role

rumor mill! please what rock did you just crawl out from under, you can't be that naive. you honestly believe that anyone who went to work at Auschwitz everyday for three months, didn't see, or smell any thing. have you ever smelled burning flesh, if you have you would never have forgotten it. there's no way she didn't know what was going on.

here's a wiki cause it's fast.

Command and control
Camp guards were members of the SS-Totenkopfverbände (Death's Head Units).[83] Around 7,000 SS personnel in total were posted to Auschwitz during the war.[84] Of these, 4 percent of SS personnel were officers and 26 percent were non-commissioned officers, while the remainder were rank-and-file members.[85] Approximately three in four SS personnel worked in security. Others worked in the medical or political departments, in the camp headquarters,or in the economic administration, which was responsible for the property of dead prisoners.[85] SS personnel at the camp included 200 women, who worked as guards, nurses, or messengers.[86] The overall command authority for the entire camp was Department D (the Concentration Camps Inspectorate) of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (SS Economics Main Office; SS-WVHA).[87]
Command and control

edit on 22-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA:
here is a page full of images of Auschwitz, look at them there's no way she didn't know. the whole place was built as a slaughter house, to be efficient as possible. and you know how efficient Germans can be.

ETA:
and just one more that this picture came from.

SS Women Guard at Auschwitz

hell i bet she even knew this woman.

Concentration camp guard Grese worked as a dairy helper and was single when she volunteered for service in a concentration camp. From mid-1942 she was Aufseherin (female guard) at Ravensbrück and in March 1943 transferred to Auschwitz-Birkenau. In the second half of 1944, Grese was promoted to Rapportführerin, the second-highest rank open to female KZ-wardens. In this function, she participated in prisoner selections for the gas chambers.[9]:219
In early 1945, Grese accompanied a prisoner transport from Auschwitz to Ravensbrück. In March 1945, she went to Bergen-Belsen along with a large number of prisoners from Ravensbrück.[9]:219 Grese was captured by the British on 17 April 1945, together with other SS personnel who did not flee.
Grese inspired virulent hatred in prisoner Olga Lengyel, who in her memoir, Five Chimneys, wrote that selections in the women’s camp were made by SS Aufseherin Elisabeth Hasse and Irma Grese. The latter was visibly pleased by the terror her presence inspired in the women at roll call. She had a penchant for selecting not only the sick and the weak but any woman who had retained vestiges of her former beauty. Lengyel said that Grese had several lovers among the SS in the camp, including Josef Mengele. After Grese forced the inmate surgeon at the infirmary into performing her illegal abortion, she disclosed that she planned a career in the movies after the war. Lengyel felt that Grese’s meticulous grooming, custom fitted clothes, and overuse of perfume were part of a deliberate act of sadism among the ragged women prisoners.[10]
Nazi Irma Grese

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Sure..I would say billions in reparations have been spent on African American cultural programs, funding, etc over the years.

Those programs are used by other races as well so to say it is reparations for slavery is wrong.

Nope they are not in another nation, but the racism and slavery all stems from their "parent nation" selling them in the first place.

And just what parent nation would that be? Africa is a continent not a nation. Palin is that you?

just similarities with the accusations and stories that wreaks of bias when it comes to people crying over this SS Nazi POS being tried for crimes.

No there is no similarity if these people didn't do the jobs that were given to them then they would be executed. Putting this woman who had no hand in killing anyone on trial is just an act of vengeance not justice.

Yes, "parent nation" hence the quotes...figured that was obvious, but I guess some needed your guidance....

Anywho....You are welcome to go through the billions that the white house wrote out on this document specifically titled:

"Opportunity for All: Supporting African American Families"

And let me know how many you come up with....that was just for 2015 by the way.....and yes, it is called pacification because of continued attacks on racism and all stemming back to slavery and inequality. Funny enough, much of the administrations program is eerily similar to how they treated the Native Americans at the time.....you know, giving them land and grants and such.

Supporting African American Families

Sounds as if you have a small chip on your shoulder over a Nazi being tried for crimes committed, yet can't see the similarities in what I brought up....seems hypocritical in a way, but to each their own.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TOYBEAR

Are you racist?

-Toy the Bear

I will say no in answer to you. You are welcome to read back through my post history on ATS and let me know if you agree.

Are you?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Of course shes not guilty of all those deaths. Maybe of hiding her role there, though. Maybe of hiding that complicity, all this time.

Look at her pic in the article. Sitting there, arms crossed, jaw set in defiance, even now.

Thats why they are tasking her.

That is a picture of former death camp officer, Oskar Groening awaiting

the beginning of his trial, and not the 91 year old woman who has not been

named

EDIT TO ADD .... It took some time but I see two members have already

pointed this out.

edit on 22-9-2015 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So when will the Jewish settlers face justice for all the Palestinians they have attacked and killed?

No, it's not about justice, it's about they money, man!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

No in an answer is fine.
I've read your posts.
I can pretend to be to see if people will poke outside
their holes to add to my "thoughts".
I find it amusing to listen to them when they think they're safe
and with like minded people.

-Toy the Bear

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks all, for the clarification. Why do they do that, showing somebody else instead?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Seriously? What possible good will come of charging this woman, who at the time of her alleged "complicity" was only a child of 16 and worked as a radio operator for just 3 months?. They are even to try her in the Juvenile court as she was only 16 at the time of the alleged offences. What on earth choice did she have? She was probably conscripted in the first place and I hardly think 3 months as a radio operator makes her public enemy number 1 !!

Telegraph Article

This I think is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm all for "lest we forget" and all that but this is just stupid

Shame that the same energy and committment can't be put into bringing the many many other genocidal maniacs to justice like Khmer Rouge or Pol Pot or how about the CIA?

Not sure where you are getting that she was 16. Your source doesn't say that. It says she operated as an SS operator in 1944....that would have made her 20 years old.

Either way....I see no harm in trying her for her crimes. She is likely going to die soon anyways...let her spend the rest of her time in misery for what she did....she was a willing participant.

Although her involvement in the mass killings at the camp may have been peripheral as a female member of the SS, prosecutors argue she can be held accountable because she helped the camp function.

Nah, this is BS. complete and utter. She would not have been aware of the complete situation, not a hope, being female and with so much fervour amongst the male ss, her non-compliance would have certainly met with more problems that simply sitting at a desk and operating a radio would have had her believe.

The prosecutors even admit she was not directly involved, but that they just want to bang someone up for what happened.

I think it says a whole hell of a lot more about those who would seek to prosecute her and go so hard at it. I mean, had she held a gun and been directly responsible for the death of even one POW, then I'd perhaps think differently, but I can only imagine at that age, she had zero idea what her life would ultimately have become involved with.

Unlike someone who took pleasure in the suffering of people incarcerated and weakened from starvation.

It reminds me a little of that movie "Father" with Max Von Sydow. The Jewish lady had spent the remaining years of her life hunting down the person responsible for the death of her parents in a camp - to continually persecute the wrong men, till she found him, and all she could do was kill herself in front of him...

powerful movie, even if he was guilty...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ratsinacage
in the immortal words of Paris Hilton....."thats hot!!"

What on earth does that mean? Oo

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What are they going to do when the last of them are dead? Go after their children? Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

She was 20 and lived in a death camp. You think they gave her a blackout hood, ear plugs and nostril plugs to go to work every day? There is no possible way she did not know what she was doing or what was going on there.

She was in the SS...in 1944....you think she didn't know what was going on in a death camp that she worked at for 3 months? She would have to be the most ignorant person on the planet.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
What are they going to do when the last of them are dead? Go after their children? Ridiculous.

Why would they? Their children did not commit any crimes against humanity.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Sad reality is this woman and many other low level Nazis are just simply fall people so the higher ups such as Mengele and those who worked in the CIA and the Military Industrial Complex as part of Operation Paperclip can get away from justice.
edit on 22-9-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
From the OP link

German courts long maintained that only the senior Nazi leadership could be held responsible for the crimes of the Holocaust.

What has changed now? Are they trying to appease some jews in the power? As one said in this thread, start with the one from Paper Clip and stop with the hypocrisy. And especially, STOP with the witch hunt. Is 2015 and the war has been over for 60 years. Enough with this story. The world is not made only with jewish and their holocaust is not the only one.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Paperclip was a shameful period in post war history.

Many, if not all, of those men were complicit in the 20th century's most horrific acts. They should have been put on trial for their lives.

But because they weren't, we should ignore the crimes of others simply because they're old? No. Two wrongs doesn't suddenly make for justice.

Y'all want Bush X2 on trial for war crimes? Fine. Make it happen. Enough people get together, it'll happen. Or Obama? Fine. Same dealio.

They're old, too. shouldn't make 'em off limits, if there is concrete evidence of their crimes.

As long as war criminals are still breathing, they should, if found out, answer before the world for those crimes.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

I should also mention that the German industrialists should also be held accountable for they use Jewish slave labor like IG Farben for example.
edit on 22-9-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join