It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Orders Behavioral Experiments On American Public

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Since when does the government care about happier, healthier people? Happier by shutting down kids' lemonade stands for lack of permit? Healthier by doing things to worsen the healthcare system (ACA)?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: eluryh22

What does improvements in public welfare mean? What are the outcomes they want to see?

It means they want healthier, happier, better fed people. And they want to spend less taxpayer money to accomplish this. I assume you are against this.

Yes, that is it exactly. I am against the government "wanting" healthier, happier, better fed people.

Next thing you know government decides that it "needs" those things. And then some other things...

Before you know it, it will be your "right" to have government ensure your happiness, health and daily sustenance. Ah wait, I see, that is what you already think.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Before you know it, it will be your "right" to have government ensure your happiness, health and daily sustenance

Which we already have and is the rason d'etre of the social programs we currently have..

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Obama likely is an experiment himself.

Mysterious guy from Chicago, one of the capitals of the sinister order of elitists who churn out these brainwashed puppet politicians…Manchurian candidates.

When Obama went to take his test they put an electrode in his big ass head...

Obama’s probably got all kinds of electrodes in his brain and controllers like the half Iranian internationalist Valerie Jarret.

Obama and his controller Valerie Jarret

She’s his controller like that mad lady controlled that puppet in the first 1962 movie, puppet master played by Angela Lansbury

and the one (in the movie Manchurian Candidate) played in the 2004 remake, the great Meryl Streep…

edit on 16-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

I guess now the government make it official right?, for quite sometimes we have been experimented on all kind of government propaganda, I guess the government lately is not getting the approvals they seek so the experimentation is now official by (executive order) that actually is open to challenges.

I wonder what the present administration is trying to shove up down our trough now that they want to push for the "experimentation" perhaps Global warming?.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You haven't bothered to read the actual order or the links to the research, have you?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Yes, that is it exactly. I am against the government "wanting" healthier, happier, better fed people.

Excellent! Pack your bags and move to Syria! You'll love it there!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Since when does the government care about happier, healthier people? Happier by shutting down kids' lemonade stands for lack of permit? Healthier by doing things to worsen the healthcare system (ACA)?

That's the spirit! Every time the government tries to take one step forward, condemn it.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Actually I just did and guess what I will stick with my post.

When the word behavioral is used for any government endeavor is open to all kind of experimentation, information presentation and mostly propaganda to influence people's acceptance of what ever is been offered.

This no limited to one particular subject experimentation either.

edit on 16-9-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So you would rather have the government imprisoning people for not paying their taxes on time than give them a rebate for filing early? Wow, I hope you don'tvote.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

That's the spirit! Every time the government tries to take one step forward, condemn it.
No. Actually, the best indicator of future results is examining past results. Outside of the military, they suck at everything they try (even before the corruption begins).

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

No. Actually, the best indicator of future results is examining past results. Outside of the military, they suck at everything they try (even before the corruption begins).

I take it you consider the space program, GPS and the internet to suck, then.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Have you seen the state of our space program? We have to hitch rides with the Ruskies for goodness sake.

The internet was all thanks to Al Gore

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Actually I just did and guess what I will stick with my post.

When the word behavioral is used for any government endeavor is open to all kind of experimentation, information presentation and mostly propaganda to influence people's acceptance of what ever is been offered.

This no limited to one particular subject experimentation either.

Yeah MKultra comes to mind. and the farce of American politics which is a psychological warfare to keep two sides fighting between themselves.

Sure isn't limited to one subject.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I find it disturbing that most of the posters on this thread only read three words, all of which were in the title: "Obama... orders... experiments..." An executive order that could potentially reduce the need to mete out fines or enforce routine laws with policing, potentially sving millions of taxpayer dollars is being viewed as some sort of dystopian nightmare, a violation of the right to do stupid, self destructive things. Amazing.
edit on 16-9-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Completely irrelevant. Please read up on the subject. Not "MK-Ultra," Behavioral Economics. This EO is about funding Behavioral Economics research to benefit the people of the United States.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Another thing, how this "program" is going to help cut on other programs when this is creating a new whole agency for experimentation that has to be funded by tax payers.

Is more to this so call to be formed new branch of the government to experiment on American citizens.

I see it nothing but more waste and abuse of tax dollars.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I find it disturbing that most of the posters on this thread only read three words, all of which were in the title: "Obama... orders... experiments..." An executive order that could potentially reduce the need to mete out fines or enforce routine laws with policing, potentially sving millions of taxpayer dollars is being viewed as some sort of dystopian nightmare, a violation of the right to do stupid, self destructive things. Amazing.
You may very well be right for some people. However, from what I see on ATS I think a lot of people on here (myself included) simply have an inherent distrust of our government. It's not a right/left thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Completely irrelevant. Please read up on the subject. Not "MK-Ultra," Behavioral Economics. This EO is about funding Behavioral Economics research to benefit the people of the United States.

'Irrelevant' ?

Project MKUltra—sometimes referred to as the CIA's mind control program—was the code name given to an illegal program of experiments on human subjects, designed and undertaken by the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

en.wikipedia.org...

Tell me more how the US government 'wouldn't'.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Executive Order -- Using Behavioral Science Insights to Better Serve the American People

(iii) recruit behavioral science experts to join the Federal Government as necessary to achieve the goals of this directive; and

(iv) strengthen agency relationships with the research community to better use empirical findings from the behavioral sciences.
^^^^^ I smell Lobbyists at work !!!

(ii) improve how information is presented to consumers, borrowers, program beneficiaries, and other individuals, whether as directly conveyed by the agency, or in setting standards for the presentation of information, by considering how the content, format, timing, and medium by which information is conveyed affects comprehension and action by individuals, as appropriate;

(iii) identify programs that offer choices and carefully consider how the presentation and structure of those choices, including the order, number, and arrangement of options, can most effectively promote public welfare, as appropriate, giving particular consideration to the selection and setting of default options;
^^^^^ Enter the Media !!!

Careful with this.

It could be a ...... wait for it .......

"It's a Cookbook!" Ahah... I get it!

And I bet this is already showing up in the media which is mostly controlled by the Left Wing major networks and publications.

Those would be ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS etc. etc. who have something like 5x more viewership ratings than any Right Wing media stations.

Just because the E.O. was just "issued" doesn't mean the "programs" haven't already been "experimented" with.

edit on Sep-16-2015 by xuenchen because: [MSM damage]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join