It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Orders Behavioral Experiments On American Public

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
a reply to: TonyS

Would you consider it just as benign if it was an executive order signed by Donald Trump or Dick Cheney?

Yes. You do realize that but for nuance of style, they're all on the same team and if they aren't, they're quickly schooled by the people and powers who are really in charge.

I do. I'm just a little surprised that so many don't see a problem with this. The government wants to study ways to influence the behavior of American citizens.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Aren't the American people supposed to be influencing the government to do what we want? Are we to assume that the government seeks to influence the people for the best interests of the people? Or is the government trying to influence people for the best interests of the government?

Do you think that a Dick Cheyney administration would be trying to get people to clean up the environment or pay their taxes on time, or would they be looking for the best way to sell the American people on the next Middle East war?

The government is trying to influence people for the best interests of the elites and they always have! Look at the propaganda campaigns around the Civil War, WWI and WWII. I don't believe this is the focus of this "Nudge" campaign. Its not that "global" in its scope.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: C21H30O2I
a reply to: neo96

Yah they do muddy everything up. But I do like to think I know. MystikMushroom's right. and no matter how muddy, I wanna know. enemy closer an stuff?

Government 101.

If you think they are doing some crap?

THEY ARE.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yah they do muddy everything up. But I do like to think I know. MystikMushroom's right. and no matter how muddy, I wanna know. enemy closer an stuff?

Government 101.

THEY ARE.

I disagree. If you think they are doing some crap?

They are doing something so much worse.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Government 101.

THEY ARE.

I disagree. If you think they are doing some crap?

They are doing something so much worse.

Scary!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So, regardless of the lack of any actual evidence here, we're to assume that "the government" (is that only Federal, or State and Local as well? How far does it go? the township level? named communities? POA/HOAs?) is doing all sorts of dastardly things, that we know nothing about, yet, we know they're happening?

That tricksy government ... always announcing their super-secret mind-control plans in Presidential Executive Orders.

Seriously, this dastardly plan is starting to sound a lot like other myths we just have to "accept on faith."

Either that, or it's merely more political theater (this is where I'm putting my money.)

Bring some hard evidence, or at least, reasonable fact-based suppositions.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So, regardless of the lack of any actual evidence here, we're to assume that "the government" (is that only Federal, or State and Local as well? How far does it go? the township level? named communities? POA/HOAs?) is doing all sorts of dastardly things, that we know nothing about, yet, we know they're happening?

That tricksy government ... always announcing their super-secret mind-control plans in Presidential Executive Orders.

Seriously, this dastardly plan is starting to sound a lot like other myths we just have to "accept on faith."

Either that, or it's merely more political theater (this is where I'm putting my money.)

Bring some hard evidence, or at least, reasonable fact-based suppositions.

all the right-wing needs to do is put the word "scandal" or "gate" in front of something, repeat it thousands of times on right-wing radio, and of course FOX...and VIOLA!!!!.....

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I have absolutely zero doubt that there are parts of our "government" (very loosely defined) that are at this very moment, for the last century at least, and likely for quite some time to come, doing things that would terrify-horrify us to our very souls.

No one who has the least amount of understanding of how absolutely power corrupts us could think otherwise.

However, the misdirection we see here, in this discussion, regarding the Obama EO and even the actual government efforts to use basic understanding of human beings PROACTIVELY ... are not that dark, occulted, underground movement that we only catch hints and shadows of.

This thread? The Breitbart and Right Wing Media Echo Chamber rattlings? Pure political theatre.
edit on 15Thu, 17 Sep 2015 15:27:36 -050015p032015966 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Come again?

The entire function of government is to control people, and things.

How the hell would anyone want to or support to make them 'better' at it?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

Aren't these the very same kinds of sciences that tend to have experiments they can only reproduce about 50% of the time?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I detest government involvement and am no fan of our Dear Leader, but reading through this order simply doesn't indicate the nefarious business some posters here claim. It's actually basic sociology and marketing which I've used [in small part] daily for the last 15 years in my career.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

You might, but I don't pay for it. Not getting my tax dollars. Exempt, all the way.

Pop4life (power of the people 4 life)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Nothing worse than what Facebook did, with full explicit agreement from their users (albeit hidden in their EULA)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Come again?

The entire function of government is to control people, and things.

How the hell would anyone want to or support to make them 'better' at it?

That is the way you see government.

That is not what government is.

The matter is far more complex than you're trying to make it; but then, you're only playing rhetorical games.

Or extremist ones, depending on how you look at it.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: DJW001
This is not about keeping tabs on anyone, it's about trying to figure out why people do the things they do, whether those things are good for them or bad.

Well, the source IS the Daily Caller (Breitbart has a similar sensationalistic story about conducting experiments on US citizens).

I DO wish people read the original source instead of these Rags.

Actual Executive Order

In Big Bold Letter.... ExecutiExecutive Order -- Using Behavioral Science Insights to Better Serve the American People

What more do you need to hear to know that it's a bad idea and it's Draconian. This really takes the cake and to me shows what he is really about.
The government has ZERO business using behavioral sciences to manipulate the public. Period!!!!!!
Oh and did I mention this bizarre stuff they are planning to do to our children through the sickening Common Core program?

Scrolling forward a page, you can see 4 methods they plan to use to track these observable behaviors on our children. If you have time, read the few pages before the chart. This is all very disturbing and a massive violation of privacy.

What is the goal of this? If you can track someone’s behavior and learn these things about them, you can condition them in ways that are most effective toward the goals set by those who control the learning environment. They are being manipulated.
www.utahnsagainstcommoncore.com...
And people like you are giving the Prez your consent to do stuff like this....lock stock and barrel. Is there any Statist govt program you don't like?
edit on 17-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The matter is far more complex than you're trying to make it;

Why don't you try and help us understand then. I've posted what they are actually doing to our children....tracking monitoring using behavioral science to control them storing their personal data.
I really just don't understand the people who condone and even promote this stuff, even right here on a conspiracy website.

However, the misdirection we see here, in this discussion, regarding the Obama EO and even the actual government efforts to use basic understanding of human beings PROACTIVELY ...

oh ok so government does some bad stuff just not current POTUS.....
edit on 17-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Nothing worse than what Facebook did, with full explicit agreement from their users (albeit hidden in their EULA)

Yes it IS worse because it's an EO from our President. Very Draconian. Possibly one of thee worst

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Nope. Advertising on television is already legalized brainwashing. All this EO does is establish research that will move society from one that is based on fear of punishment to one that is based on rewards for positive behavior.

Yes, won't that be really wonderful if Big Bro has legal protection to brainwash its citizens? Did you ever read the book "Nineteen Eighty Four"?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: C21H30O2I

Big Brother takes a giant step into directed social engineering.

Now you can understand why government wants to get its fingers deep into the educational system. Young minds are the ticket to maintaining an entrenched government.

It goes deep. The GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) and similarly named, similarly themed groups did and likely still do a whole lot of strange testing on young school kids. A WHOLE lot; I speak from experience.

I believe it to have been USA trying to keep up with Russia in ESP type testing. I've heard rumors that it's a lot less insidious these days, perhaps due to lack of useful findings, but I can neither confirm nor deny.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AstronautCliffTarpey

That's just crazy! The Manchurian Candidate, came to my mind straight away! thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
'Nudging'... to increase participation in government programs.
To advance in...
The Cloward-Piven Strategy.

The Internet is biased and bent on promoting Liberals and discriminating Conservative groups. Anymore "Nudging" and some will go over the edge. Media has become so much of a joke that it's hardly watchable and if this continues we will see the fall of mass media.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join