It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 As Predicted by Hollywood…..sigh…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So I have been around ATS and the 9/11 forum long enough to see threads claiming that the 9/11 attacks were predicted in pop-culture with quite some regularity. These thread tend to show a few frames of a movie/cartoon/tv show or some other picture from pop culture that seems to be a foreshadowing of the 9/11 attacks. The Authors of these threads usually claim that this was a deliberate act by the “real” perpetrators of the attack whose influence is so deep that they were able to place taunts of their attacks in the media. I have never understood why, but these threads can get very popular and generate lots of discussion and enough flags for the author to sail a boat.

Me, well I personally think the idea that warnings of a future attack on 9/11 where placed in pop culture prior to the attacks as some kind of taunt to be utterly ridiculous. Such claims I find to be entirely ignorant and detached from reality. However I think rather than just dismissing them as rubbish, it would be more proper to actually explore these claims and give a critique more intelligent than “that’s a load of rubbish”.

DISCLAIMER: Just to be crystal clear on a couple of points. Firstly I know that a lot people who dispute the official narrative of 9/11 would also dispute claims that these secret messages where left in movies before the attacks. I actually believe that only a very small number of people actually believe this stuff. I am not “tarring all truthers with the same brush”. Second point; this thread is intended as an intelligent discussion on the topic of 9/11 messages found in pop culture before the attacks. Can we please all stay on topic.

Some examples.

Now I am sure that everyone can think of an example of these alleged secret messages. They range in everything from an episode of the Simpson's obviously depicting “9/11 New York” to something as subtle as the phase “Caution 9-11” being found in the background of a scene in The Terminator 2. Rather than posting all of these videos and photos I am simply going to post this video that shows a range of these hidden messages.

So what’s the problem?

So the video above shows quite a few very interesting instances where it does actually look like the shows either predicted 9/11 or someone told them to place these messages deliberately for some reason. Now I honestly do not believe that anyone who is reading this is going to seriously try to claim that the Rug-rats predicted 9/11 but I do believe there might be one or two out there who would try to argue that there where messages deliberately placed in those shows and that is going to be the focus of this critique.

Usually in my experience one of the first things that the people who think there is a deeper meaning to these 9/11 references try to say when I tell them that “no I don’t think Johnny Bravo was in on it” tend to say is “what so you believe that is all a coincidence?”

Well yes actually I do believe that it is all just a coincidence and that really only sounds a little crazy if you believe otherwise. The reason I can say I do believe it is all a coincidence is quite simple because the numbers nine-one-one actually feature quite a lot together, 911 is very recognisable as an emergency number for example. Additionally New York is perhaps the most recognisable city in the world, there are quite possibly more movies set in New York than any other and prior to 9/11 the twin towers were one of the most recognisable land marks the city had. So yeah…. I would expect the find lots of movies and tv shows, showing the twin towers.

Allow me to illustrate this point a little further. Let’s pretend for a moment that the white house was hit in a terrorist attack tomorrow. To then say that movies like White House Down, Olympus has fallen, Independence Day and even Superman 2 (and let’s not forget the phenomenal season 7 of 24) had somehow “predicted” the attack would be laughed at. To me 9/11 is much the same.

How did the messages get there?

There is another thing that those who support the idea of these hidden messages really seem to be forgetting. How did the messages get there? Honestly, if you are reading this thread, thinking to yourself about how you are going to tear me a new one for disputing your claims about how Super Mario Bros was in on it somehow just answer this really simple question. How did the messages get there?

Really think about it, let’s take the Simpson’s as just one example.

Now if you look at the picture and want to argue that this was deliberate then that assumes that someone for some reason instructed an animator to place this in the episode. Let’s even just say for just a second that 9/11 was a huge government false flag. If we are to believe that this message was deliberately placed by Dr. Evil and co then we have to believe that they were honestly stupid enough to ask matt Groening to place a little clue in an episode but to keep it quiet. But not just Matt Groening but also the makers of Godzilla, the Matrix and the Terminator and even going back over 50 years to this loony tunes cartoon made in 1948

The 9/11 false flag conspiracy already has so many people involved with the possibility that they could spill the beans at any time why would the people responsible do this. There is no sensible answer for this there is no reason for them to take this monumental risk.

So why do people believe this?

I think in any thread on this subject it’s important to address just why otherwise very intelligent people would believe something as absurd as the loony tunes predicting 9/11 in 1948. Firstly it comes down to holding a preconceived notion of something. In this instance the individuals who believe this will probably also believe that 9/11 was actually a attack by the New World Order to impose their dominance over the world and that they love symbols (just because) so they put these images in the media. Now for many who believe conspiracies its just but one part of their life’s but there are some who see a conspiracy at ever opportunity it becomes a large part of their lives. Through confirmation bias they start to look for anything that supports their world view.

They begin to see and hear what they want to hear so long as it supports their views, something called pareidolia. In this instance I think this is a very good example of what I am talking about:

Quite clearly in the video they are saying “one eleven, one eleven” but for this particular youtuber its actually saying “9/11, 9/11” because that supports his preconceived notion of how the world works.

Finally…

Lastly I am going to leave with this last video, I do believe that this is supposed to be a bit of a parody but after sending a few hours looking at these claims of hidden 9/11 messages in movies I am not so sure. But it does a very good job of showing just how absurd these claims come sound, worth a watch if you still believe that there is a much deeper hidden meaning behind the background dressing in Johnny Bravo.

edit on 7-9-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: TO GET THOSE VIDEOS WORKING

edit on 7-9-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Here is one to add. There was a card game in the 80s called Steve Jackson's Illuminati . Some of the cards resemblance to actual happenings since then is eerie. I actually remember playing the game back then with no idea of what was to come. If you dont know about it, google it. Interesting .

It was just a game , or was it

edit on 7-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Your conjecture doesn't bode well with my beliefs. I couldn't read it all. At least I'm honest.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Your conjecture doesn't bode well with my beliefs. I couldn't read it all. At least I'm honest.

Well for being honest I will give you a star, thanks for the reply all the same!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So why do people believe this?

I'd say that it's the frequency with which 9/11 appears in popular culture tends to send people in the direction of subliminal messages.

If it was 2 or 3, you could argue otherwise.

But once it becomes dozens of examples it'll be harder to convince people it wasn't purposeful.

My own opinion, and I said it recently...;

1) coinicidence
2) manifestation
3) someone influenced by the frequency of such appearances
4) warnings/reminders to the elite
5) warnings to the public from the elite
6) nefarious inside joke
7) a combination 4 & 6
8) prophecy

...I tend to go with number 3 or 4, conspiratorially.

Ultimately, I think it will always be one of those unanswered questions.

I don't fault those who believe any of the above...
We can only go with our own perspective in the end.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Again, thank you for one of your 9/11 related threads. Always good to read your analysis of the event and the situations surrounding it.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Right back at ya.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
lol, you lost your credibility after you left out the Lone Gunmen Pilot Episode ..

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The reason 911 references are constantly found in popular culture, is because the people who planned and carried out the demolition of the twin towers consider symbology to be extremely important.

Its kind of like how the US dollar bill has a freemason symbol on it, or how Washington D.C has endless symbolic references to freemasonary.

Now, know ones claiming every single person who has ever been responsible for printing American currency is a freemason, or that every single person who helped construct Washington D.C were either. But clearly there were just enough masons in high places at the right time to have enough influence for there symbology to be recorded.

It's the exact same concept when it comes to references in popular culture to the 911 controlled demolitions. Not everybody was in on it, but there were just enough people in on it to be able to inject the symbology into aspects of popular culture.

btw, don't forget about the 'Matrix'

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The problem I have with people that only see a 9/11 reference is they forget that 911 was a well known number for help or assistance long before the events of 9/11.

Their just isn't a point though in trying to discuss it logically though because Mulders will Mulder.
edit on 7-9-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
you put some effort into this...I only red half (sorry about that)...but I get the point.

Statistically...it is more than likely it's all just a coincidence.

However...due to magnitude of the event...it peaks interest from people.

There is an old saying..."Coincidences are only plans other people don't tell you about"...but when I try to work out how would all this be actually done...I come to the conclusion...that it is virtually impossible to fit in all these "coincidences" into this real event.

So it either just that...a crazy weird multiple coincidences (isn't universe grand ?) or we are living in an alternate reality altogether.

One thing did pop to mind just now...if you want to stretch the crazy even further...what if certain people have an innate ability to see the future...but are unaware of it consciously, and project these visions into work they do...completely clueless about the detail they put in.

It would be interesting to ask Simpsons animators...about the specific detail...and of their motives for drawing what they did, and do they even know...and maybe put it all to rest.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blowback
lol, you lost your credibility after you left out the Lone Gunmen Pilot Episode ..

Beat me to it.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blowback

bummer
i was scrolling through hoping nobody mentioned that

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yes but why was 911 chosen as the emergency number to begin with? Could have been any number yet they chose that combination, why?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Enjoying this thread. That last video in the OP was well produced but juuuust a bit out there. If I had a whole bunch of time I'll bet I could sit down with 3-4 movies, scrutinize them and find "hidden in plain site or background" references to 9/11.

But I always forget about that pilot episode of the Lone Gunman.
I couldn't wait for that because they were my favorite characters on the X-Files.
After watching that clip, I mean, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? How prophetic was that?
Didn't that premiere a short while before 9/11?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Now if you look at the picture and want to argue that this was deliberate then that assumes that someone for some reason instructed an animator to place this in the episode. Let’s even just say for just a second that 9/11 was a huge government false flag. If we are to believe that this message was deliberately placed by Dr. Evil and co then we have to believe that they were honestly stupid enough to ask matt Groening to place a little clue in an episode but to keep it quiet. But not just Matt Groening but also the makers of Godzilla, the Matrix and the Terminator and even going back over 50 years to this loony tunes cartoon made in 1948

Just to play devil's advocate: Maybe they flooded Mat Groaning and others with subliminal 9/11 messages so they would copy and spread them through cryptomnesia.

They seemed like they were reaching in a lot of those examples though.
edit on 7-9-2015 by VP740 because: To add context.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: opethPA

Yes but why was 911 chosen as the emergency number to begin with? Could have been any number yet they chose that combination, why?

In 1967, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) met with AT&T to establish such an emergency number. They wanted a number that was short and easy to remember. More importantly, they needed a unique number, and since 911 had never been designated for an office code, area code or service code, that was the number they chose.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Alright. I'll play.

I'll take social engineering and predictive programming for $200, Alex.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I believe that causality affects the past as well as the future.

<<   2 >>

join