It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 HAM radio

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
By the way, the astronaut remark during the moonwalk about a 'suspicious white object' on a crater rim is genuine. It seems, after multiple repetitions, exaggerations, and misrepresentations, to provide an authentic starting point for what became a major 'space urban legend', explained here:

REVEALED: The "Suspicious Small White Object" on the Crater Rim
www.jamesoberg.com...

I first suggested this in print about 1978, and in my 1982 book chapter linked several pages back.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
If you guys were seriously curious, how come nobody did a google search and find this?

Eavesdropping on Apollo 11

www.arrl.org...

Read that, and accounts similar on other sites, however, still no recording and no original tape to authenticate it.
If it exists, it is either confiscated or indeed sitting in some old dusty drawer somewhere. Recording something of such para-mounting importance, it seems to me someone would safeguard that.

No cassettes back then, but reel tape. I had a Teac, a big bulky reel to reel unit. You could buy small reel to reel units, encased in a small case back then, but most of them were of limited quality.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: JimOberg
If you guys were seriously curious, how come nobody did a google search and find this?

Eavesdropping on Apollo 11

www.arrl.org...

Read that, and accounts similar on other sites, however, still no recording and no original tape to authenticate it.
If it exists, it is either confiscated or indeed sitting in some old dusty drawer somewhere. Recording something of such para-mounting importance, it seems to me someone would safeguard that.

No cassettes back then, but reel tape. I had a Teac, a big bulky reel to reel unit. You could buy small reel to reel units, encased in a small case back then, but most of them were of limited quality.

That story linked to audio recordings --

More information on Larry’s lunar eavesdropping, including some audio clips, can be found on Christopher Graney’s Otter Creek-South Harrison Observatory Web page, Lunar Eavesdropping In Louisville, Kentucky.

Are you going to argue that tapes of secret UFO transmissions exist in dusty attics but were never publicized?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Are you going to argue that tapes of secret UFO transmissions exist in dusty attics but were never publicized?

Certainly not, but where is the authentication of original material? Sound bites are interesting, but the sourcing requires an original, physical item. I am wondering what became of that.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's a lovely urban myth is how I would describe it.

It's one of those stories that when I first started researching UFO topics I wanted to believe so much it hurt.

I am more sceptical the some 25 years on now.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I would also like to add that your papers and articles published on this subject are excellent, and deserve merit in their own right, as they appear very accurate, and very well researched.
edit on 5-9-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I see now, there is something I missed. According to the article, there are original tapes that are in the possession of Baysinger. He said the digital transfer was done from 40 year old tapes, that he had. Is there any official authentication of the original materials?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

I see now, there is something I missed. According to the article, there are original tapes that are in the possession of Baysinger. He said the digital transfer was done from 40 year old tapes, that he had. Is there any official authentication of the original materials?

None that I know of, but why would there be? They were consistent with existing NASA and media records, isn't that 'authentication' alone?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I know this may strike you as an odd question, but why were you the only one on the planet he told this to

It is an odd question, to assume I was the only one on the planet this person talked to about it. Very odd.

Would he tell me if I called him?

Let's not get gender specific here. This person is still alive, and has spoken about this to other people. I know because I was put in contact by a third party, a fairly high-ranking official with an interest in the subject.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa
You seem to be saying there's no way to verify the story. A story which cannot be verified is by definition a myth:

Myth: a person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence

But sure there are other myths about Apollo 11 also, besides yours.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the details of this thread, but NASA and the Army, Air Force, Marines, and Navy would absolutely cover up ET's on the Moon. Everyone would panic!!!

The Moon is not an ideal place to live, there is no local life on the Moon, so obviously it would be used as base. Earth is the closest thing to the Moon, so if ET's are or were on the Moon, they would be there for us and nothing else.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wouldn't NASA be using some kind of proprietary radio gear that may encrypt the signal? Didn't encrypted radio already exist back then?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

You seem to be saying there's no way to verify the story. A story which cannot be verified is by definition a myth:

Those aren't my words, please don't twist the truth.

And you are speaking nonsense, if something is true, it is true.
It doesn't become, "by definition a myth" simply because nobody proved it to you or Oberg, or anyone else.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Wouldn't NASA be using some kind of proprietary radio gear that may encrypt the signal?
They didn't.

Didn't encrypted radio already exist back then?
Yes. But why encrypt it?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I can see your point about why encrypting it -- but what *IF* they did run across something they didn't want the Russians or someone else to know about? What if Neil needed to tell mission control something that had to do with national security? Wouldn't they have planned for that possible situation?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

What if Neil needed to tell mission control something that had to do with national security? Wouldn't they have planned for that possible situation?

Maybe. I see what you're getting at though. If ET showed up, and they had the capability, they would have begun encryption and the alleged ham would have been shut out.

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The fact that the Ham wasn't shut off indicates to me that they didn't encounter ET or any artifacts that required secure communication. If there were long gaps in communication we might have a reason to investigate more, but we don't.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The fact that the Ham wasn't shut off indicates to me that they didn't encounter ET

The transcript of the supposed transmission indicates that it is a complete fabrication, as does it's provenance.

Mission Control: What’s there? Malfunction (garble).Mission Control calling Apollo 11

Mission Control does not ever say anything like "Mission Control calling..."

When the capcom calls he says, "Apollo 11, Houston". Never "Mission Control", never "calling Apollo 11". At least the hoaxers could have tried to get the voice procedures right. The only thing worse than a hoax is a sloppy hoax.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Would you hold aside any ill feelings you may have towards me and help me. I cannot start a thread, I get a blank page. I cannot edit my messages after I submit them and find later (within editing time limit) that clicking the Edit link brings me to a blank page.

Whatever you can do to reinstate full member benefits will be appreciated. I also asked Springer but he may never see my request.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: blueman12

It's a great story that's caught the imagination of probably thousands of people. There's certainly a lot written about it on a number of websites. Big ass, 'menacing' spaceships watching the tiny astronauts as they explore the local terrain is a great image and would be a great scene in a movie.

There's zero evidence in its favour and plenty of reasons to think of it as a hoax.

No recordings and no contemporary accounts in local newspapers, TV or radio. Sure, it's accepted fact that mainstream news can withhold stories if they're told to. It's different with local papers and radio. Any of the 'hundreds' of ham operators could have told their local reporter or rung the local radio. Instead, not a soul ever mentioned the story until much later when it was no better than hearsay/rumours.

There's not a lot of logical integrity in the story either. Why would the aliens wait until Apollo 11 landed to 'warn' them off? Why not do it at Cape Canaveral? If they want to be secretive, it doesn't make sense to go all 'showboat' on the Moon and not the Earth.

How did the supposed 'spaceships' send their warning message? Was it body language? Posture? You know what I mean? The story has no communication in there; no description of weapons being pointed etc.

It's just a fantasy created for effect for a ready-made audience: UFO conspirary enthusiasts who like the coming of the lord spread it throughout all lands! It's too good to pass up, it sells. It starts a never-ending activity: searching through old records; employing FOIA requests; bugging astronauts to confess; another reason for a "DISCLOSURE" threat; gets popular authors hot and bothered to give their books and lectures a chance to sound as if they've got something the other guy doesn't; the gullible froth at the mouth to hear the latest authority endorse it as truth, etc.

It's known as UFOlogy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join