It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 HAM radio

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was watching "Hanger 1 : The UFO Files" episode "far side of the moon", a show on the history channel that is led by MUFON. Ancient Aliens really lost its credibility for me, but this show actually seems credible. At least when one considers that the information is put into an entertainment format.

To the issue at hand : The episode claimed amateur HAM radio operators heard unedited audio of Apollo 11's moon landing. The unedited live audio mentioned comments regarding UFOs.

Is this true? If so, is there any evidence to back it up? I did a light search on the forums, but all the sources I looked into had led me to conspiracy websites, conspiracy books, or youtube videos.

Sorry If this has been thoroughly discussed before on another thread, I could not locate anything with a clear conversation about this specific topic.
edit on 4-9-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You can have a listen here, and there's probably a transcript in the link somewhere...and likely on ATS as well.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

What more evidence are you looking for? You got it like us when it aired...and was spoken of 25 years ago as well..the story hasnt changed since...but more people are hearing about it for the 1st time, whereas a lot of us have heard this before.

Yes, there are copies and testimony. It happened.

Mysteriioustanger

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Is this true? If so, is there any evidence to back it up?
The Apollo 11 transcripts are all linked here.

Is someone giving you different information than what's in the transcripts? I'm aware of at least one case where some radio transmissions were faked.

The space to ground communications were known to the public right away but the communications between the astronauts in space took 12 years to get declassified. You can find those transcripts at the link also. Ham radio operators couldn't pick those up as they were recorded by an on-board recorder, not transmitted.

Here's an article about Apollo 11 UFO stories:
The Apollo-11 UFO Incidents

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
I was watching "Hanger 1 : The UFO Files" episode "far side of the moon", a show on the history channel that is led by MUFON. Ancient Aliens really lost its credibility for me, but this show actually seems credible. At least when one considers that the information is put into an entertainment format.

To the issue at hand : The episode claimed amateur HAM radio operators heard unedited audio of Apollo 11's moon landing. The unedited live audio mentioned comments regarding UFOs.

Is this true? If so, is there any evidence to back it up? I did a light search on the forums, but all the sources I looked into had led me to conspiracy websites, conspiracy books, or youtube videos.

Sorry If this has been thoroughly discussed before on another thread, I could not locate anything with a clear conversation about this specific topic.

Here's the video, it's 43 minutes without commercials. I stopped watching at 17 minutes plus when Ingo Swann was about to be introduced. Of course, Swann is all hype and no substance.

Did the ham operators really tune in and hear stuff we weren't supposed to? Wouldn't some smart ham record on reel-to-reel and/or audiocassette tape and even on wire? The astronauts had still and movie cameras, wouldn't a fast-thinking person shoot stills and film for posterity and were they afraid of consequences with the presumed aliens inside their multitude of crafts? Did the astronauts go about their chores nonchalantly or was the experience with the UFOs an assault on their sense?

www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have a friend who was at mission control for Apollo 11.
This person has told me explicitly, several times over the years, that there were many alien ships lined up, hovering and watching as Neil Armstrong first stepped on the moon.
This person was adamant in their account.
That Neil was completely freaked out, and said, "My god, some of them are ******* huge!"
And that he had to move the camera to keep the alien ships out of the frame.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

Sounds like a generous, kind friend who tells you the kinds of fables he knows you'd enjoy. You're lucky.

How did he explain why he happened to be there then? There weren't any public tours.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

About the Apollo landings there will always be a lot of doubt because those who know the truth know that doubt is the best way to handle the greatest conspiracy of all times: the origin of our consciousness.
In my opinion there really has been an alien being on earth in the past. If you read the following site you know what I mean. Red dots are in English.

www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Of all the "then" incredible equipment I used when I was in the service, my DD-214 says I was a "Radio Operator" as most was classified. ( wow, some radios!). I did a bit of HAM on the side, as an interest. Everyone that I knew that did HAM, had a tape recorder at the ready, in case you caught something interesting and/or pushed a CQ to collaborate about it with others.

With the claims that HAM's did pick up what is being discussed, I find it extremely odd that there is nothing on tape to listen to.
They are always recreations, with simulated dialog. Where is the beef if this would be true?

edit on 5-9-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Of all the "then" incredible equipment I used when I was in the service, my DD-214 says I was a "Radio Operator" as most was classified. ( wow, some radios!). I did a bit of HAM on the side, as an interest. Everyone that I knew that did HAM, had a tape recorder at the ready, in case you caught something interesting and/or pushed a CQ to collaborate about it with others.

With the claims that HAM's did pick up what is being discussed, I find it extremely odd that there is nothing on tape to listen to.
They are always recreations, with simulated dialog. Where is the beef if this would be true?

Yes b cause we all know how prevalent cassettes were in the 60's and 70's

O wait

Well maybe you could have used an 8trak

O wait

Well there was always the ..... o wait....

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
Yes b cause we all know how prevalent cassettes were in the 60's and 70's-
Ham radios have never been that prevalent so why is prevalence relevant to Ham radio operators?

Cassette recorders entered the US Market in 1963 and reel to reel were available, and I wouldn't be surprised if some HAM radio operators had one or the other.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Sounds like a generous, kind friend who tells you the kinds of fables he knows you'd enjoy. You're lucky.

How did he explain why he happened to be there then? There weren't any public tours.

No public tours needed, Mr. Oberg. And no fables either. Frankly, I resent how awfully quick you are to suggest something that isn't true.
But, I suppose witness accounts aren't going to falsely discredit themselves.

This person worked for NASA at the time, and for many years. In a higher capacity than you, perhaps.
Then again, maybe you were there in mission control that day too?

As far as fables go, well, we wouldn't presume to do such a thing, sir.
But can you tell us again how you're an unbiased investigator seeking the truth about alien contact?

edit on 5-9-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

O wait

O wait

Great point, well said.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

It's a great story that's caught the imagination of probably thousands of people. There's certainly a lot written about it on a number of websites. Big ass, 'menacing' spaceships watching the tiny astronauts as they explore the local terrain is a great image and would be a great scene in a movie.

There's zero evidence in its favour and plenty of reasons to think of it as a hoax.

No recordings and no contemporary accounts in local newspapers, TV or radio. Sure, it's accepted fact that mainstream news can withhold stories if they're told to. It's different with local papers and radio. Any of the 'hundreds' of ham operators could have told their local reporter or rung the local radio. Instead, not a soul ever mentioned the story until much later when it was no better than hearsay/rumours.

There's not a lot of logical integrity in the story either. Why would the aliens wait until Apollo 11 landed to 'warn' them off? Why not do it at Cape Canaveral? If they want to be secretive, it doesn't make sense to go all 'showboat' on the Moon and not the Earth.

How did the supposed 'spaceships' send their warning message? Was it body language? Posture? You know what I mean? The story has no communication in there; no description of weapons being pointed etc.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

This person worked for NASA at the time, and for many years. In a higher capacity than you, perhaps.

Then again, maybe you were there in mission control that day too?

I know this may strike you as an odd question, but why were you the only one on the planet he told this to -- or would he tell anyone else who asked? Would he tell me if I called him?

Or if he's no longer living, and thus safe from retribution, why don't you tell us his name?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I echo Kandinsky's point -- find us any one such amateur radio operator. Just one verifiable name?

Anywhere on the whole planet. Recall that Asia/Australia was facing the moon at the time of the moonwalk, the pictures were relayed to the US from Australia.

Otherwise, it remains made-up legends.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I had a reel to reel, as did most hams in those days. Cassettes were coming out in the 70's but before that it was all reel.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

O wait

O wait

Great point, well said.

Why? It's totally wrong. Reel was the preferred format for that sort of thing anyway. I had piles of 7" Memorex and Scotch 150.

link   
If you guys were seriously curious, how come nobody did a google search and find this?

Eavesdropping on Apollo 11

www.arrl.org...
edit on 5-9-2015 by JimOberg because: add title

link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
a reply to: Kandinsky

I echo Kandinsky's point -- find us any one such amateur radio operator. Just one verifiable name?

Anywhere on the whole planet. Recall that Asia/Australia was facing the moon at the time of the moonwalk, the pictures were relayed to the US from Australia.

Otherwise, it remains made-up legends.

There was one guy called Baysinger, he did the radio pickup and a reporter recorded it, and supposedly another pair somewhere else. Baysinger or the reporter don't recall anything unusual.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join