It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'All Lives Matter' march draws more than 20,000 in Alabama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wll this is interesting, while the press was covering the 300 "Black Lives Matter" protesters , shouting "Pigs in blankets, fry them like bacon"

The Media completely ignores a march that drew 20k people or more on the strrets of Birmingham, the city said they havent had a march that large since Martin Luther King.

Infact Alveda King, Martin Luther King jrs, niece was present to show her support and speak as well along with Bishop Lowe, who opened his church up to everyone for the movement

Bishop Jim Lowe, pastor of Guiding Light Church in Birmingham, which boasts a predominantly black congregation, co-organized the march with Beck. Lowe and his sisters were in the blown up by a KKK bomb that killed four little girls on Sept. 15, 1963.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - More than 20,000 people including actor Chuck Norris marched the streets of Alabama to bring awareness and raise funds for persecuted Christians in the Middle East.

attendees marched chanting "All Lives Matter" from Kelly Ingram Park to Birmingham City Hall on Saturday morning. Other signs held during the march read "Justice" with a picture of Abraham Lincoln.

Conservative personality Glenn Beck co-organized the march with Bishop Jim Lowe. Both led the march with Alveda King, a niece of Martin Luther King Jr., in the front row and Norris trailed them from two rows behind.

The march was a part of Beck's "Never Again is Now" campaign for his initiative.

Around 10,000 registered to attend a "Restoring Unity" rally at the BJCC Legacy Arena on Saturday.

Many predominantly black and white churches joined together, along with people from other religions and back grounds to do this march and to show unity.

It was a full weekend event, yet none of the major news networks covered it.

If youve ever wondered if the PTB wanted to direct your anger, and channel divisiveness, then then should be a red flag if there ever was one.

Regardless what you think of Beck or some of the others, this show of force, and love and uniting from all colors creeds and backgrounds, should have been on every news channel.

Instead we get BLM on every channel yelling hate....

Surprised? Nope

But very disappointing

Very good on these 20,000 Plus who came together from everywhere , we need more things like this in this country and indeed the world

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Americans marching for "All Lives Matter" is a sick joke given American history is littered with genocide and mass murder.

Deez Nutz 2015

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

What I find interesting is that humans need to be reminded that all lives matter.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Actually seems to have gotten more coverage than the Iowa State Fair protest. Figures. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't on MSM. And no they weren't people from everywhere concerned about all lives. They were mostly people who seem to be allergic to nuance and the words protest and seem to only appreciate the skin color black when they're posting every crime they can find committed by a black person, all over social media while crying about how a movement addressed to the state doesn't address criminals that live in the same places they do. Seems that only white people can protest the state and have criminals that share the same skin color.
edit on 8/31/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Glenn Beck....

www.youtube.com...

Where's Trump?
edit on 31-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Americans marching for "All Lives Matter" is a sick joke given American history is littered with genocide and mass murder.

Deez Nutz 2015

its a sick joke to unify all races and creeds to try to do something good?

Wow I guess I have no idea what its like to be that miserable

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The march was long and drawn out (ammended this wasnt aimed at you Olaru sorry)

Those numbers werent reported by Beck , they were reported by the actual police department and city....

Again, I find the fact that people are more interested in trying to discredit what happened there this weekend, and the intent behind it to Unify, very sad and telling about who we have become as a country

Something great happens and the response is to try and destroy it rather raise up the effort.....
edit on 8/31/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

What I find interesting is that humans need to be reminded that all lives matter.

a very sad state indeed

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
All Lives Matter is not my preferred banner for our unity, but if it truly takes off, I'll have no choice but to support it. The only hope we the people have is a united front to get the numbers we need to make a difference.

Not my favorite choice, but at least it's about unity.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Seems that only white people can protest the state and have criminals that share the same skin color.

Your response to a group of thousands of all colors coming together to celebrate unity

is more racially divisive diatribe

again, very telling

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
All Lives Matter is not my preferred banner for our unity, but if it truly takes off, I'll have no choice but to support it. The only hope we the people have is a united front to get the numbers we need to make a difference.

Not my favorite choice, but at least it's about unity.

how can "all lives matter" not be a preferred banner?

That thought process eludes me, if all lives matter and promoting equal footing for all is not "preferred" then perhaps the true intentions behind those who dont like it arent equality after all

No offense of course

But look at this, 20,000 people united in the cradle of what was the heart of the Civil Rights movement, of all colors, to once again show unity

And look at the vitriol already on this page for it

amazing

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Peggy Hubbard just had a popular video on this.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That's wonderful, why isn't this news?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

The march was long and drawn out, thats all you have to refute this?

Those numbers werent reported by Beck , they were reported by the actual police department and city....

Again, I find the fact that people are more interested in trying to discredit what happened there this weekend, and the intent behind it to Unify, very sad and telling about who we have become as a country

Something great happens and the response is to try and destroy it rather raise up the effort.....

I wasn't trying to refute anything....how did you arrive at that conclusion?

In fact any reason to party is fine and dandy with me....
edit on 31-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

good question

link   

I sure do love my Sweet Home Alabama!
local news link

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

The march was long and drawn out, thats all you have to refute this?

I wasn't trying to refute anything....how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Sorry that wasnt directed at you Olaru

link   

And look at the vitriol already on this page for it

I know, for the life of me I don't understand, why this wouldn't give people hope.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I watched it on Periscope it was awe inspiring really

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I find it very interesting that people only support things like this when it is done by the person or people of their choice. Since it isn't BLM... To hell with unity. For those getting ready to pound the keyboard, it works the other way as well.

We like to feel good and appear as if we are trying to do something no other generation has done or do something that destroys hate and intolerance completely... BUT we only want to do it the way we want to do it, the way we think it should look while it's being done.

I gave up on humanity a while back. Truly. There is no hope for humanity because regardless of what everyone SAYS... they turn around and DO something entirely different.

edit on 8/31/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join