It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop up adverts on phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just an observation.

Whilst logged off and on my cell phone,

Getting full screen popup adverts sometimes that block the site view completely.

And more importantly some of them are flagging my antivirus detector on my phone.

I know they likely are benign adverts, but any random visitor might find them annoying or concerning enough.

Just a heads up to the powers that be.

Notes;

.on a fresh clear of my cache
.logged off
.samsung android phone
.mcaffee flagged, avast not flagged
.visiting forum home page

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

I have stopped visiting all sites that use those annoying full page ads, Im not normally bothered by ads, they don't work on me and I never ever click them. But when when there so intrusive that every few paragraphs I read I have to stop reading and close a full page ad that's just appeared (it's 50/50 if it actually closes or will send me to the ad site) it gets frustrating and so, as I said above I have stopped visiting them. My local news website m.bristolpost.co.uk. Is without a doubt the worst offender. I emailed them to let them know why I won't be using there site but they never got back to me. Within seconds of visiting there site you will be bombarded with ads.
I automatically log in here so ats is still on my sites worth visiting list.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Don't these smart phone thingys have pop up blockers? Or is there not an app for blocking advertisements? I realize some sites require the disabling of adblock, but those sites can be given exception rules.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Happened to me on Galaxy S4 just a while ago today while reading posts at lunch. My security didn't flag it though.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have noticed while I am connected to wi-fi at Burger King I get specific ads, I'm not sure how it works but I think it might have something to do with where / how your connected. When I am at home I get no ads on my cell phone. Also I do not have legit service on it I just use it like a mini tablet on wi-fi.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There is a thread specifically for letting the owners know about invasive / bad ads! Here is a link to it. It's best to post these issues there.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ok. Sorry for the delay.

I just realized that it was my mcaffee site advisor that flagged. Wasnt antivirus.

I have adblocker, but certain sites I patronise I allow ads for obvious reasons.

Anf heff, I woulda posted there but it wasnt a specific ad.

Either way. Thanks.

edit on 26-8-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

top topics

join