It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently we are Headed for a HUGE Robot war with Japan with some serious players involved .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

That was silly.

I LOVED IT !!

That made my morning for some stupid reason haha. Maybe seeing Grant Imahara in it, gave it some umph for e, I love myhtbusters, and he's always cracked me up.

What a time to exist, aye? We have this thing we call the internet that lets every person on the planet (more or less, give or take a few billion) talk to each other in real time, and on it we can say "I want to build a giant robot. Help me guise!!" and put it on a thing we call as website, and people go there, see the message, send money to the guy, he builds a giant robot and it fights other giant robots.

You couldn't write this as science fiction 100 years ago !

Hopefully I dont now encounter something that will remove the smile from the morning..

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They should darpa help with it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Do you remember Gundam Wing, Voltron, & ExoSqaud. The Mark 1 in the video looks exactly like the Yellow Mecha Suit in the Cartoon Piloted but Sgt. Rita Torres. My money is on Japan but my Hearts with the USA
edit on 18-8-2015 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Didn't we already do this in every incarnation of the Power Rangers franchise?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thiaoouba Prophecy

Do you remember Gundam Wing, Voltron, & ExoSqaud. The Mark 1 in the video looks exactly like the Yellow Mecha Suit in the Cartoon Piloted but Sgt. Rita Torres. My money is on Japan but my Hearts with the USA

I was going to say it reminded me of something out of Battletech, where the two best ways to kill an enemy were either by legging them (blowing off a leg) rending them mostly helpless, or by using jump jets and landing on the cockpit.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thiaoouba Prophecy

llol yes ! I was thinking the same thing !

still I have to stick with the USA

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It looks like Voltron vs Sigourney Weaver from Aliens.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I wish I could build a mech for combat, sadly I'll have to settle for a bobcat instead of a mad cat.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Robot wars...
Coooool...
Hehehe...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is my Robotech fantasy coming to fruition! Ok, it won't be as awesome as we want ( if we're expecting old cartoons) but this could turn into a real thing in the near future.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Whoa. They're serious about this. I saw the initial challenge & acceptance videos on youtube, but I figured it would be small scale. But Team USA has some industry powerhouses involved now. (Though there's no guarantee they'll actually contribute but whatever...)

Hmmm... Team Japan needs a new response video. There's no way they'll let America embarrass them in a giant robot duel. Japanese robotics firms need to make it a collective effort because the current Japanese robot is simply too small.

I wonder what happens if someone dies in the duel, though? Like, what if they underestimate the striking power & someone gets pierced or bludgeoned by a robotic karate chop?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Team USA

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Lol, you mean like this:

At least no one died of radiation poisoning.

edit on 18-8-2015 by sirChill because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2015 by sirChill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Next step is to get Zaphod58's input on how to design a Veritech Fighter.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This American robot is not made for hand-to-hand combat. It is waaay over being too top heavy and could not take a good punch to the snout, I'm thinking. I would love to see the battle however, but my money's on the Japanese!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I knew this day would come

Who remembers this movie from the 80s

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sirChill

lol beat me to it

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

This is awesome, this really reminds me of America good ole days as a leader in engineering and machining, may we see glory one more time.

And may the U.S. bot destroy Japan's bot like GiJoe owns Cobraaaa.......

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BlessedLore

lol , indeed haha

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You're right , usa needs a larger footprint
and maybe a redesign . ...
a very secondhand bobcat at best

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>