It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently we are Headed for a HUGE Robot war with Japan with some serious players involved .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: Kapusta

I'm going with the bad ass U S of A.

Though I think Japan will be a formidable robo foe.

Oh USA hands down

here is what japan is working with

Hehehehe the Japanese one has a Windows8 sticker on it...that made me smile. What if it decides to upgrade to Windows10...?

My money on USA!!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Strange how we build robots to mimic our bi-pedal selves.
Better to build a rolling and flying ball. Hard to grab on to, and you could just bowl down your opponent.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I watch't them some time ago. youtube.
the US robot is built like a JCB! or a tank.
the thing it fired puts a big dent in a car door.

the jap robot is a toy....
fires plastic Bottles?
unless they build a new one its dead far to easy.
I expected better from japan robots.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirChill
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Lol, you mean like this:

At least no one died of radiation poisoning.

Yep. I just think about the weight & power of smaller machines like basic tractors & forklifts. I wonder if they'll have to sign waivers, just in case.

(Oh, it's even better if you watch the clip at 1.5x speed. I've been watching most clips at faster speeds lately)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Guaranteed that after the kickstarter has finished the Americans replicate Optimus Prime loaded with 15 gazzilion guns.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

S+F for this. Childhood dream come true for me. I think one way or another it is going to be a hell of a fight!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

My money is on the Japanese robot.

Can't wait btw

I would be very surprised if muricas won.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Quote from japanese response video: www.youtube.com...

"But my reaction? Make it cooler...just building something huge and sticking guns on it..ITS SUPER AMERICAN."

edit on 19-8-2015 by MeanMinistry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Can I get one for christmas??? thats amazing!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Japan is definitely ahead in robotics but I would still bet on the American robot just because America seems to build really bad ass stuff that is very durable and Japan will probably build a very sophisticated robot that wont be able to sustain massive damage but I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
Japan is definitely ahead in robotics but I would still bet on the American robot just because America seems to build really bad ass stuff that is very durable and Japan will probably build a very sophisticated robot that wont be able to sustain massive damage but I could be wrong.

Ironically....this fight will come down to mobility, agility, and accuracy, more so than raw power or damage absorption.

Neither of these beasts can do much if their respective hydraulic or electronic systems are damaged. And, quite frankly, both have glaring weaknesses in that regard.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Can I get one for christmas??? thats amazing!

You can!

If you are willing to pony up a couple million USD, a Kuratas can be had. They even have a design and order page on their website.

Be warned though, these are nothing more than over sized toys...so, don't try to conquer the local area just yet.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Fliptastic I can't wait...

They should also invite South Korea, China, India, Russia, Iran, and North Korea for a royal rumble... I would say invite the UK, but all our robots bave been domesticated.

Hahaha except for the daleks

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Fliptastic I can't wait...

They should also invite South Korea, China, India, Russia, Iran, and North Korea for a royal rumble... I would say invite the UK, but all our robots bave been domesticated.

Just keep the Germans out of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
My money is on the Japanese folks.

You're telling me we're going against the guys that invented Transformers, Macross Series, Gundam and Evangelion?

Like.. these...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Somehow appears boring to me. If humans have to be in the machine then the rules will be too strict to keep them safe. And I also doubt it'll be fair, unless somethign like this has occured for a long time.

The robot battle competitions they already have are sufficient.
edit on 19-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthseeker84
You're telling me we're going against the guys that invented Transformers, Macross Series, Gundam and Evangelion?

Transformers is an American creation. Though not an American creation (but still western) Robot Wars was also quite popular in the US... a program where competitors built actual robots and made them fight each other. Know what else was made by an American? Battletech, a series that predates Gundam, Macross, and Evangelion.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Transformers is an American creation.

Incorrect.

Transformers was originally created by Diaclone & Microman (both Japanese), and wasn't brought to North America until Diaclone was purchased by Hasbro and evolved by Takara (another Japanese company). The names and personalities of the Transformers, though, were created by an American.

Though not an American creation (but still western) Robot Wars was also quite popular in the US... a program where competitors built actual robots and made them fight each other.

Ironically...Robot Wars was first broadcast on BBC, but was the brainchild of an American and an evolution of a previously held American robot combat competition.

Know what else was made by an American? Battletech, a series that predates Gundam, Macross, and Evangelion.

Incorrect.

Both Macross and Gundam predate Battletech. It is also accepted that the original Battletech mechs were all borrowed from SDF Macross, Fang of the Sun Dragon, and Crusher Joe.

No, FASA did not purposely steal the designs. FASA thought that they had purchased the rights to those designs when they had purchased Twentieth Century Imports, but TCi had been less than honest with FASA as to how, and from whom, they had obtained those rights.

Evangelion is from the early 90's, so not really relevant to the conversation.
edit on 19-8-2015 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
Transformers was originally created by Diaclone & Microman (both Japanese), and wasn't brought to North America until Diaclone was purchased by Hasbro and evolved by Takara (another Japanese company). The names and personalities of the Transformers, though, were created by an American.

...so American created.

Both Macross and Gundam predate Battletech. It is also accepted that the original Battletech mechs were all borrowed from SDF Macross, Fang of the Sun Dragon, and Crusher Joe.

Well, you seem to be right on this one. Macross was created in 1982 where Battletech was 1984. I was only familiar with the US release of Macross under Robotech which was in 1985.

All of which is to say, America is no slouch in the giant mech department. We haven't built life size Gundam statues like the Japanese have but I wouldn't say they hold the advantage here. America has an obsession with giant robots that blow things up.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Slickinfinity

Ironically....this fight will come down to mobility, agility, and accuracy, more so than raw power or damage absorption.

Neither of these beasts can do much if their respective hydraulic or electronic systems are damaged. And, quite frankly, both have glaring weaknesses in that regard.

Hey, it's only a weakness if it can be exploited. Team Japan's version is just too small right now. It looks like it would lack the power to knock America's robot off balance, particularly if the American robot corrects its problem of being top heavy (as they acknowledged in their kickstarter video). And America's seems to be getting heavier w/heavier armor, so Japan's strikes might not even be able to get through to the electronics below the armor.

And the American robot's reach advantage might stop Japan's robot from getting close enough to damage anything other than its arms, anyway. Kind of like a short armed boxer not being able to get close enough to hit the body of a longer armed opponent.

However, if Japan installs an EMP weapon as its secret technique...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join