It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's executive director of the CIA Arrested,for trying to bring loaded gun on a plane

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ugmold

You'd think so...

But people do dumb things like this all the time.

Not news really.

It is news when the director of the CIA in 2001 doesnt know to make sure he doesnt have a gun before getting on a plane.

He wasn't the director of the CIA.

This guy was right there trying to take our rights left and right

What rights was he, Buzzy Krongard, trying to take from you?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FurvusRexCaeli

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ugmold

You'd think so...

But people do dumb things like this all the time.

Not news really.

It is news when the director of the CIA in 2001 doesnt know to make sure he doesnt have a gun before getting on a plane.

He wasn't the director of the CIA.

What rights was he, Buzzy Krongard, trying to take from you?

Alvin Bernard "Buzzy" Krongard[1] (more commonly "A.B.", born c. 1936) was the Executive Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. He was appointed by George Tenet on March 16, 2001.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

(post by UFGarvin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Apparently you didn't actually read what Executive Director is.

The Executive Director is the third ranking position within the CIA and the incumbent functions essentially as the Chief Operating Officer of the Agency. For three years prior, Krongard had served as Counselor to the Director of Central Intelligence (DCI).

en.wikipedia.org...

He wasn't the Director.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I said executive director. Its in the title if thats wrong take it up with CBS at the link lol

So he shouldnt know he is not suppose to take a gun on a plane?
edit on 14-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I mean what if he gets on that plane and someone gets his gun and hijacks the plane OMG.

First you said executive director, then you said director.

I worked years at an airport, and saw dozens of people that knew they shouldn't take things on a plane forget they had packed them from previous trips and get caught with them in their bags. I even saw a military unit, that knew they had to tell the airline they had weapons in their check in bags forget to tell them, and have to stand on the ramp guarding the bags until they were loaded, five minutes before the flight pushed back from the gate.

Like I said, the head of a company that makes explosive trace detectors used at an airport made almost a dozen flights with a strip of explosives in his bag. Don't you think he should have known that you can't take explosives on the plane? He simply forgot it was in there. He packed a bag with all his equipment, and rarely unpacked it enough to see the strip in the bottom of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

First you said executive director, then you said director.

Geez nitpick much?

I posted the story because I thought it was funny and ironic that the "EXECUTIVE" director of the CIA appointed 6 months before the towers fell would try to carry a loaded gun in his carry on onto a plane.

I mean dang I had toenail clippers taken from me on a flight to Atlanta.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

And it happens. It happened before 9/11, and it happened after 9/11. It's not a big deal. Again, mountain out of molehill.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And it happens. It happened before 9/11, and it happened after 9/11. It's not a big deal. Again, mountain out of molehill.

Well 2 mods saying it so just delete the thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Eight years working at an airport. Mod or not has nothing to do with it. I have first hand experience seeing this happen, both with people that should know better, and with people that had no idea what the rules were. I could even begin to count the times something like this happened in a six month period, let alone over the course of eight years.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Is this the same Buzzy Krongard who business connections sort of tied him up, executively with insider dealing vis a vis before 9/11?

Thanks to Zaphod for rattling my brain.
In edit to Murgatroid, I see your link that is working, is very similar to the one I have
, and the one I have is written right back to 2001.
Airplane/gun? maybe this 'Buzzy' guy was just arrested.
edit on 15-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I can see this happening to anyone , especially as you get older. A fact of life no one avoids. You always remember the unimportant hings and sometimes forget the important ones. There truly are "Senior Moments" . Sometimes I feel like the wife in the commercial looking for her keys and her husband finds them in the fridge

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I can see this happening to anyone , especially as you get older. A fact of life no one avoids. You always remember the unimportant hings and sometimes forget the important ones. There truly are "Senior Moments" . Sometimes I feel like the wife in the commercial looking for her keys and her husband finds them in the fridge

D'you mean like there is a 'T' at the start of the word things, or that, 'Buzzy' also forgot some time ago that he was also an 'executive' of Blackwater in that investigation, when asked by his brother Howard. Mmm, ol' Buzzy sounds like a regular egit at the right times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join