It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's executive director of the CIA Arrested,for trying to bring loaded gun on a plane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is just funny.

Buzzy Krongard ,former executive director of the CIA, the third-highest-ranking position under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2004, was arrested at Baltimore Washington International airport for trying to bring a loaded gun on an airplane.

So i wonder what will happen to him? Like this guy didnt know he had a loaded gun. So he must be a terrorist right?

According to the Transportation Security Administration, Maryland Transportation Authority Police arrested a Baltimore County man at Baltimore Washington International-Thurgood Marshal (BWI) after TSA agents caught him with a 9mm handgun loaded with five rounds as he was passing through airport security.
On Friday night, that man was identified as A.B. “Buzzy” Krongard, a former top CIA official and longtime Baltimore business leader, according to our media partner The Baltimore Sun.
The handgun was detected inside the traveler’s carry-on bag in the X-ray machine.

baltimore.cbslocal.com...
edit on 14-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Perhaps he became too comfortable carrying a weapon with him all the time and failed to remember to secure it elsewhere before he tried to board.

If that's the case, he should be reminded of the responsibility that comes with carrying. People always need to be aware of where their firearm is at all times and one should never simply "forget".
edit on 14-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Perhaps he became too comfortable carrying a weapon with him all the time and failed to remember to secure it elsewhere before he tried to board.

If that's the case, he shouldn't be allowed to carry. People always need to be aware of where their firearm is at all times and one should never simply "forget".

I bet since he was such a high ranking official he just didnt think the law applied to him..

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

If that's the case, he shouldn't be allowed to carry. People always need to be aware of where their firearm is at all times and one should never simply "forget".

I bet since he was such a high ranking official he just didnt think the law applied to him..

That is possible, but we hear stories often of people "forgetting" their firearms on their person or bags when they enter a secure location. Too many people just do not take their right and responsibility as seriously as they should.
edit on 14-8-2015 by introvert because: changes "on" for "or"

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I accidentally left a couple rounds of .30-30 in my bag a couple years ago, coming back from a hunting trip. TSA nearly locked the whole airport down, but luckily a Police officer cleared it up without hassle, but that was just ammo.

I doubt much will come of this, but he should* be treated as an average joe, of course that wont happen though.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If that's the case, he should be reminded of the responsibility that comes with carrying. People always need to be aware of where their firearm is at all times and one should never simply "forget".

I'm with you.

Nothing to see here. Human error.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

People do make mistakes. All of us, in fact, but when it comes to firearms we have to be very careful not to do anything that will give fuel to the anti-2nd people that would love to further restrict our right to bear arms.

I'm very meticulous on everything when it comes to carrying and ammunition.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Excellent post!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

People forget that sort of thing. I know people who carry long knives who forgot to take them off when boarding...

Simply a dumb mistake.

Usually nothing happens other than a stern reminder. ...and that's all that needs to happen. Anything other than that is a waste of time.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

People forget that sort of thing. I know people who carry long knives who forgot to take them off when boarding...

Simply a dumb mistake.

Usually nothing happens other than a stern reminder. ...and that's all that needs to happen. Anything other than that is a waste of time.

I would think someone of this "caliber" would have more sense. What a sec, Bush Administration, arrest them all.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

You'd think so...

But people do dumb things like this all the time.

Not news really.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Simply a dumb mistake.

I agree. One incident like this is enough to scare someone for good and they will never forget again. I had a pretty nasty incident occur and I have taken it very seriously ever since.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, he's still living, obviously a technical hitch then..

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You'd think so...

Not news really.

It is news when the director of the CIA in 2001 doesnt know to make sure he doesnt have a gun before getting on a plane.

This guy was right there trying to take our rights left and right

I mean what if he gets on that plane and someone gets his gun and hijacks the plane OMG.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You'd think so...

Not news really.

Well then they should not be allowed to own a gun. If you drunk and drive you loose your license to drive.
To me this is worse than someone seeing a psychiatrist and denied permission to own a gun. This is irresponsibility. Lock him up, Bushie.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

a reply to: rexsblues

People do make mistakes. All of us, in fact, but when it comes to firearms we have to be very careful not to do anything that will give fuel to the anti-2nd people that would love to further restrict our right to bear arms.

I'm very meticulous on everything when it comes to carrying and ammunition.

Amen to that. In order to never "forget" a stray round, or even accessories like a Lula, I use an old set of luggage for local and a newer for plane travel. Pretty much guarantees no cross-contamination. I also check prior to leaving the house for items on my person. After an intense incident tween TSA and my fishing buddy, I won't put myself in that position.

As for this incident, I'm inclined to agree with Alienjuggalo--perhaps his prior post left him to believe security measures only apply to everyday Joes, not an ex-CIA brass. With his exposure and training I find it difficult to believe he just forgot.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Was anyone hurt?

Were any threats made?

There is no news here, other than an embarrassing amount of stupidity on the part of this guy.

I'm not sure what the issue is. He's stupid. He's going to get a fine, I'm sure. Jail is a possibility, though an over reaction IMHO.

Mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You'd be shocked at some of the stuff we found in the bags of people that should know better. Hell, the head of an explosive trace detector company made ten flights with a strip of PETN in his bag that he had put in there when he drove to a conference and forgot about.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Was anyone hurt?

Were any threats made?

There is no news here, other than an embarrassing amount of stupidity on the part of this guy.

I'm not sure what the issue is. He's stupid. He's going to get a fine, I'm sure. Jail is a possibility, though an over reaction IMHO.

Mountain out of a mole hill.

Since it is a conspiracy site.How do we know he wasnt going to get on that plane, hijack it and take it down as an ultimate eff U to someone/

And the TSA agent who caught him is a hero?

eta.. Can you imagine the conversation between the TSA agent and this guy?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Lock him up, Bushie.

Extremely unlikely...

This Google search explains why...

Examples: www.emptywheel.net...

uprootedpalestinians.blogspot.com...

edit on 14-8-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join