It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#AllLivesMatter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
(post by JalapenoPepper removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Probable cause can only mean that a crime has been committed in which the police have been called and you match the description given by a witness, a crime has been committed and the police witnessed it themselves, a crime has been committed and you are the only person around.

i am an american and the terry vs ohio does not say that^^^^^^^^^^

it says this

the Fourth Amendment prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures is not violated when a police officer stops a suspect on the street and frisks him or her without probable cause to arrest, if the police officer has a reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime and has a reasonable belief that the person "may be armed and presently dangerous

one of us are certainly reading it wrong. could be me but i dont think so.
the above paragraph is pretty clear

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JalapenoPepper

Do civilized people do what who does when they are mad? Bears? Sometimes. The most violent things I've ever seen/experienced in my personal life have been perpetrated by white men. The most violent things I've learned about through news or history have been perpetrated mostly by white men.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Do civilized people do what who does when they are mad? Bears? Sometimes. The most violent things I've ever seen/experienced in my personal life have been perpetrated by white men. The most violent things I've learned about through news or history have been perpetrated mostly by white men.

So the few times a year a white man goes on a rampage can be compared to the violence committed every single day by them?

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

So walking down the street is probable cause for a cop to assume you're about to commit a crime or just did?
edit on 8/9/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

They commit more crime and death in one night than any single white *shooter* does in a year.

Jalapeno!

edit on 9-8-2015 by JalapenoPepper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

What about the violence committed everyday by white people?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes, if there was a call coming in prior to the stop where a person fitting the description of the guy walking down the street just committed a crime.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Show me? Show me the group of whites who gun each other down every day. Show me an example?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's economic.
Cops don't cruise Beverly Hills shooting at rich people no matter their color.
Cops hang out in the poorest neighborhoods because that's where the crime is because ummmmm - joblessness.
I'm from Hawaii, multi-racial and lived in two housing projects in Hawaii and at times even cops didn't come around until dead bodies needed taken care of or someone was laying in the street bleeding out.
I been in South Central. Same thing - no jobs - no hope - fugg it.
People, no matter the color will turn to illegal activities when they have no other means of support which leads to higher police presence and eventually their disdain.
My mom's side of the family is white - poor white - no privilege. Cops all over the place in these white neighborhoods because of meth houses and tweakers. Where else are cops gonna go?
All lives matter because in this very issues color really has little to do with it other than what the media and TPTB intend.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Mugly

So walking down the street is probable cause for a cop to assume you're about to commit a crime or just did?

i didnt say that.
what i said was i was under the impression that if a cop stopped and asked you lawful questions you have to answer.
you know questions like
what is your name?
not things like
can you do a cartwheel

my point was you said

--Probable cause can only mean that a crime has been committed in which the police have been called and you match the description given by a witness--

and my other point is going by the terry vs ohio(a link on a page you posted) that is not true

i suppose it would depend on what you look like? where in the street are you walking? how are you walking? race? clothes? etc etc etc

that would be where profiling comes in

if i match the description of a person that just committed a crime then i guess the cop has reason to believe i might have just committed that crime.

if i am walking around the 400 block of park avenue in my tank top and metatarsel boots with all my tattoos being flashed, i will probably get stopped.
im kind of out of place for that area.
is it cool? not really?
am i allowed to be there? yes

if i answer questions in a calm manner and dont act aggressive after a few minutes i can continue my walk.

if i start to act like a dick and get aggressive, my walk is probably over

thats just how it is and i can accept that.
if something/someone seems out of place, there is a chance something is off/wrong.
i just dont see the problem
a little cooperation goes a long way to making things better for everyone
just my opinion
i am not talking about being gunned down for smoking a joint and driving away
im not talking about being slammed on the car and frisked

im talking about being stopped and asked questions.
you brought up being frisked

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It's disproportionately low.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

IF can be a mighty big word.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I already did but maybe the problem was I listed too many? Let's start with just one and explore it in detail.

John Crawford III, 22 years of age, shot dead in a Beavercreek, Ohio Wal-Mart on August 5th, 2014. Here's a guy In Wal-Mart, talking to his girlfriend on his cellphone and shopping for s'mores ingredients. He wanders into the sporting goods section and picks up a BB gun that was lying on a shelf and continues shopping and talking on his phone, unaware that somebody else's irrational fears are about to get him killed.

Enter a guy by the name of Ronald Ritchie, with whom you probably share quite a few opinions, who calls 911 and says that there's a man walking around Wal-Mart pointing a gun at children. He later amended his statement to say that he was "waving it around" but hadn't witnessed him pointing it at anyone specifically.

Officer Sean Williams and Sgt. David Darkow (who'd received active shooter training two weeks prior) enter the store approximately 5 minutes later and quickly locate John Crawford. Watch the CCTV footage and you'll see the officers come around the corner of the aisle and spot Crawford who is turned away from them and talking on his phone. According to police reports, the officers shouted at him to drop the weapon twice before shooting him twice. The video shows Crawford turn slightly and then falling forward — the duration of the encounter from the rounding of the corner to Crawford collapsing on the ground being about 2 seconds.

Imagine you're in Wal-Mart talking on the phone and minding your own business and all of a sudden you hear somebody shout at the end of the aisle behind you. You turn to see what's going on and you're shot twice.

John Crawford was transported to the hospital where he died from his wounds. The grand jury didn't indict the officers. Ironically, Ohio is an open carry state so even if he had been walking around Wal-Mart with a real rifle, one that he owned and brought to the store with him, he wouldn't have been committing a crime — but he wasn't even doing that.

So tell me, what crime did John Crawford III commit?

edit on 2015-8-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
It's economic.
Cops hang out in the poorest neighborhoods because that's where the crime is because ummmmm - joblessness.
I'm from Hawaii, multi-racial and lived in two housing projects in Hawaii and at times even cops didn't come around until dead bodies needed taken care of or someone was laying in the street bleeding out.
People, no matter the color will turn to illegal activities when they have no other means of support which leads to higher police presence and eventually their disdain.
My mom's side of the family is white - poor white - no privilege. Cops all over the place in these white neighborhoods because of meth houses and tweakers. Where else are cops gonna go?
All lives matter because in this very issues color really has little to do with it other than what the media and TPTB intend.

Poor white trailor trash get drunk, maybe smack their wife around a bit... They do not go out in mobs attacking people and robbing stores. Poor whites usually just deal with it, they don't go causing violence. They have a sense of community.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Imagine you're in Wal-Mart talking on the phone and minding your own business and all of a sudden you hear somebody shout at the end of the aisle behind you. You turn to see what's going on and you're shot twice.

imagine you are in wal mart minding your own business talking on the phone and you turn to the next aisle and you see a guy brandishing what looks like an automatic weapon?

i mean we do live in the days where it is very possible to be cut down at the movies

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

But how exactly do we know that?

If 1,000 black people are stopped in NYC for no reason and half of them have weed on them but only 500 white people are stopped for no reason and 400 of them have weed on them, it's easy to say well more black people are arrested for weed than white people.

The data sets aren't the same therefor an accurate picture can't be painted.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It's economic.

I am so sick and tired of this argument. It is a false one.

That is a lie. SOME people will turn to illegal activities. Others will find a way. #nomoreexcuses

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JalapenoPepper

Poor white trailor trash get drunk, maybe smack their wife around a bit... They do not go out in mobs attacking people and robbing stores. Poor whites usually just deal with it, they don't go causing violence. They have a sense of community.

Jalapeno!

I agree 100%..
How can I not?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It's economic.

I am so sick and tired of this argument. It is a false one.

That is a lie. SOME people will turn to illegal activities. Others will find a way. #nomoreexcuses

I stand corrected..
Others will find a way..
But why? What do they have that others don't?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join