It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#AllLivesMatter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
#AllLivesMatter

In the words of Alicia Garza, a #BlackLivesMatter co-founder, who made the distinction late last year in a post on the Feminist Wire: "When we deploy 'all lives matter' as to correct an intervention specifically created to address anti-blackness, we lose the ways in which the state apparatus has built a program of genocide and repression mostly on the backs of black people."

Sorry.

All lives do matter.

This isn't a f^&ing pitty party.

If we accept this, everyone is truly equal. To say that any one group in particular has been victimized is to promote the idea that one group is better than another.

What this woman is saying is that to be African American is to be a victim. That is as self appointed of a label as one's choice in hats.

EVERYONE MATTERS - Regardless of color, belief, or gender. Even if I disagree with you, you matter. Just as much as I matter.

Anything less is feelgood self inflicted brainwashing.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I agree that all lives matter. Actually the original Black Panthers changed their agenda because they wanted to help all children not just black children.

However while this world has racial profiling and stereotypes that negatively portray people of pigment. There needs to be a black lives matter.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree with you, all lives matter and should matter equally.

Too many people confuse what equality actually is. In some cases, I don't think equality is even the goal: I think vengeance is.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I disagree.

If we cannot mutually agree that all lives matter, it is simply shifting weight to the other side of the see-saw.

What we need is balance.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

All Lives Matter

I'll join that group!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
I agree with you, all lives matter and should matter equally.

Too many people confuse what equality actually is. In some cases, I don't think equality is even the goal: I think vengeance is.

Thank you, Maverick. I remember you mentioning in my other thread from yesterday that you are a black male. I am not so naive as to believe that you are the only black man I know who agrees with this. But, nonetheless, thank you.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout

All Lives Matter

I'll join that group!

Here's your membership card

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I feel stupid for asking, but whats the purpose of a hashtag? I still don't understand how or why they are used.

#whatsahashtag? See I made one, but why, I don't even know.

Maybe its because I don't even understand the point of twitter either. I tried to understand those too but it just seemed like random pictures, jumbled text and just more hashtags.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
#NOLIVESMATTER

welcome to the USA

The police do what they want

F you

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
From the #Black Lives Matter/About page...

#BlackLivesMatter was created in 2012 after Trayvon Martin’s murderer, George Zimmerman, was acquitted for his crime

George Zimmerman didn't murder anyone, he shot his attacker in self-defense. This movement is BS.

edit on 9-8-2015 by Bone75 because: oops

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The statement isn't "only black lives matter" and it isn't a statement that perpetuates victim-hood. Justice isn't equally applied to black people from any direction... the statement is only meant to reflect that.

If you don't understand the inequality of the justice system, you won't ever understand the need for the statement to be as it is. The statement that "all lives matter" can't be true until we all recognize that "black lives matter".

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
We did agree that all lives matter. Did you skip my first sentence?

Let me tell you a bit about me. I'm mixed, the PC term is multiracial. My father is black and my mother isn't just white, she has red hair and blue eyes. When I say that there are white people darker than me, I mean it. When I tease and say I'm albino, I'm half serious. My brown hair gets very auburn and my brown eyes seem very dark against my pale skin.

Now, you know what I look like, do you think a persons first thought when they see me is of a black woman? I have experienced first hand how behavior changes when a person finds out my heritage. The fact the my parentage should in anyway effect how I'm treated is sad.

Black lives matter, if you don't like it do something to change the racial profiling and negative stereotypes.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My first post yay. I am sick of the lives matter garbage. How about #ObeyTheLaw.... In my opinion, a violent repeat felons life does not matter to me. Hundreds of years ago, it would have been socially acceptable to hunt down and kill violent criminals. But now we pity and pander them.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Why do people insist on twisting BlackLivesMatter into "only black lives matter" rather than the intended "black lives matter too"...

I can think of a pretty good reason.

edit on 9-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

#AllLivesMatter.

Period.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The day a cop kills a black guy who was on his way to bible study or St. judes, then I will listen to the #blacklivesmatter thing. Until then it is all based on lies.

Jalapeno!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

Black lives matter, if you don't like it do something to change the racial profiling and negative stereotypes.

All I have control over is myself.

All lives matter. Not just yours, not just mine.

And frankly, I could care less what you are. It is irrelevant. You matter. I matter.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

#AllLivesMatter.

Period.

#StatingTheObvious.

Period.

#SweepingItUnderTheRug.

Period.

#IgnoranceIsBliss.

Period.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yes, I am stating what SHOULD BE OBVIOUS to everyone.

Am I sweeping it under the rug? No.

Am I being ignorant? No.

Anything else you'd like to accuse me of? Really, get it off your chest.

Last I heard, gravity and celestial harmonics are my fault as well. Don't forget those things.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Let me tell you a bit about me. I'm mixed, the PC term is multiracial. My father is Apache and my mother isn't just white, she has red hair and blue eyes. When I say that there are white people darker than me, I mean it. When I tease and say I'm albino, I'm half serious. My brown hair gets very auburn and my brown eyes seem very dark against my pale skin.

Now, you know what I look like, do you think a persons first thought when they see me is of an Apache man? I have experienced first hand how black people's behavior changes when they find out my heritage. The fact that my parentage should in anyway effect how I'm treated is sad.

All lives matter, if you don't like it do something to change the racial profiling and negative stereotypes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join