It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore's new film: "Where to Invade Next"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Enjoy the film!

I'll watch something with explosions, car chases, ninjas, and slo-mo action!

I don't expect to "enjoy" watching a film about American foreign aggression. But at least I'll learn something while (hopefully) being entertained to ease the pain.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Michael Moore is an either or proposition...

But I'm not one to ignore a message just because of the messenger.

That's a fatalistic approach society is falling for.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Michael Moore is an either or proposition...

But I'm not one to ignore a message just because of the messenger.

That's a fatalistic approach society is falling for.

Exactly

Just cause you dislike the messenger does not make a message less valid.

If someone can back a argument up with facts and evidence I will listen to everyone regardless who they are.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Exactly what I would have expected from an intelligent young thinker like yourself, Charlie.

There are some "messengers" I refuse to heed, but that's because they are disinfo agents.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Exactly what I would have expected from an intelligent young thinker like yourself, Charlie.

There are some "messengers" I refuse to heed, but that's because they are disinfo agents.

It's easy to spot disinfo agents and shills.

They appeal to emotions (mainly fear) yet back there claims up with little to no evidence and if presented with a request for evidence dodge and evade or just attack you and discredit you.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: crazyewok

Exactly. I guess some just don't like the "flippant" tone or the actual pointing out of what's happening.

Same people who probably hate Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Both geniuses, and The Daily Show and The Colbert Report will go down in history as brilliant exposes of American culture and political madness.

I get the impression "patriots" as they call themselves prefer to stick there fingers in there ears and sing the national anthem while covering there eyes will the flag than even look at the USA problems let alone e acknowledge them.

Least in the UK we know we have big issues and pointing them out doesn't get you labeled anti British!

I have no problem with criticism, I actually encourage questioning the leadership. They should answer for their decisions.
what I don't like is this type of movie that only tells the story from one point of view. That's why I call his movies infomercials, they are designed to sell their specific point of view. Not present the whole story.
But hey. Free country. He has the right.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Exactly. I guess some just don't like the "flippant" tone or the actual pointing out of what's happening.

Same people who probably hate Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Both geniuses, and The Daily Show and The Colbert Report will go down in history as brilliant exposes of American culture and political madness.

I get the impression "patriots" as they call themselves prefer to stick there fingers in there ears and sing the national anthem while covering there eyes will the flag than even look at the USA problems let alone e acknowledge them.

Least in the UK we know we have big issues and pointing them out doesn't get you labeled anti British!

I have no problem with criticism, I actually encourage questioning the leadership. They should answer for their decisions.
what I don't like is this type of movie that only tells the story from one point of view. That's why I call his movies infomercials, they are designed to sell their specific point of view. Not present the whole story.

I agree with that on his capitalist film it was rather one sided.

Still I fail to see were he went wrong with farenhight 911. That was dead on the mark.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I agree with that on his capitalist film it was rather one sided.

Still I fail to see were he went wrong with farenhight 911. That was dead on the mark.

I never saw that one. I watched bowling for columbine and the capitolism one.
I couldn't stomach any more after that.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's been far too long since he made a movie. I will definitely watch.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Crazy & Buzzy;

Yeah I agree.

And even with the "known" disinformation agents I'll still have a listen now and then...

I think Mark Dice is the only one I don't listen to simply because of his abusive tactics to anyone who won't drink the Kool Aid.

I can disagree with Icke or Jones, not even saying they're necessarily "disinfo" rather than out there 99% of the time...
And still enjoy listening to them ramble on.
Michael Moore falls under that bracket for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Michael Moore has never made a documentary. He makes infomercials.
Like his capitalism infomercial. You know. The one he sold and distributed at a substantial profit.

Are you under the impression that documentaries are usually free?

Hiya Tenth,

I'm not Bluntone22, but the general criticism of Moore in that area usually falls down to:
* Luxurious living style gained via being the hero of the down trodden
* Industry view of the person being difficult to work with
* Industry dealings with mistreatment and low paying of several staff members

Have had these conversations before on ATS; Moore has very dedicated fans, so it's probably best to look up the info and decide for yourself. My dueling pistol is staying holstered.

Buzzywigs: I'll check the other person out.

There is still value in watching Moore's stuff I think, but it's mostly because I enjoy investigating how they're put together and deconstructing them in the inevitable aftermath haha

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

What other "point of view" would be valid? The Pentagon's and Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld club?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Bowling for columbine was sad...
(The appeal to emotion was strong on that one.)

But ultimately agenda driven for a gun grab mantra...

I still don't regret seeing it, and I didn't like Charlton Heston much...
But overall it was disagreeable.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Admittedly, I'm not a fan of Michael Moore, but I'm not going to poo poo his film, just because it has his name on it. His premise is certainly apropo. It seems the U.S. can't exist without internal and external conflict. Makes one wonder if the whole damn country would collapse if there were no domestic or foreign enemies left to fight.

edit on 8/5/2015 by Klassified because: redaction

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

What other "point of view" would be valid? The Pentagon's and Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld club?

Lol I was just gonna say we already know the MICs version of events.

link   

Well maybe you should actually watch the movie before deciding how great it is.
I have watched several of his movies, I found them very one sided. I expect this movie will be the same.

link   
Why can't we ever invade somewhere nice? Like the Bahamas. Or Tahiti. Nooooo, we invade places like Iraq and Afghanistan. Ugh.

And before anybody bothers throwing comments about oil and money and crap my way: if you don't understand why I asked what I asked, you clearly weren't ever military.

link   

Michael Moore has never made a documentary. He makes infomercials.
Like his capitalism infomercial. You know. The one he sold and distributed at a substantial profit.

Does that mean his documentaries are incorrect? Like most people that attempt to get the truth out he suffers from an amazing amount of ad hominem attacks, I try to ignore him and focus on the message.

Otherwise I might as well scorn a collected works of Shakespeare because I don't like the paperstock they are printed on..........

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Why can't we ever invade somewhere nice? Like the Bahamas. Or Tahiti. Nooooo, we invade places like Iraq and Afghanistan. Ugh.

And before anybody bothers throwing comments about oil and money and crap my way: if you don't understand why I asked what I asked, you clearly weren't ever military.

Iraq and Afghanistan are pretty beautiful...

Though I can't imagine where the bases and battle terrain are live up to those standards.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

And even with the "known" disinformation agents I'll still have a listen now and then...

I think Mark Dice is the only one I don't listen to simply because of his abusive tactics to anyone who won't drink the Kool Aid.

Yep, I know the feeling. Limbaugh and Beck are that sort, in my opinion. I'll still watch Fox News clips once in a while (though I NEVER watch an entire program) but only in small bits and because they don't make me quite as nauseated as those other blowhards. Jones I can do without entirely, too. .

edit on 8/5/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join