It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Gun Show Loophole" and Other Myths

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: SPECULUM
And here we have the best example why there could be so much gun-crime with unregistered weapons. But hey, they can tell you are cool.

There is no gun registry in the US. A couple of states have it but it is not nationwide.

SPECULUM is talking about a legal activity of selling privately owned firearms. If those dealers are actually keeping guns off of their books to sell without a background check, they're corrupt and breaking the law.

A large number of guns used in crimes come from "straw purchases" which are already illegal. Also, corrupt dealers account for a large percentage and that is, again, already illegal.

A yellow sheet is Not a Gun registration. Its the dealers federal form he must keep as part of their accounting for BATF before a gun is ever sold to a customer, along with their gun book. and once they retire their business they must release all shop history to the feds. although the feds come in from time to time to read through them...Been there seen that..

Their personal guns they keep at home even go in the books and BATF even searches their homes for undocumented firearms..Lol

Learn gun shop before elaborating Dude. I got 30 years at this

I'm a dealer... Dude.

You're using incorrect terminology. There is no "yellow sheet."

It's a 4473 and it is not yellow.

The registry comment wasn't directed toward you.
edit on 8/4/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMasterMinder

And here we have the best example why there could be so much gun-crime with unregistered weapons. But hey, they can tell you are cool.

No..Most folks don't like unkle sammy poking their nose in their business.

Gun Crimers steal guns or make them in machine shops out of legal parts kits you can buy anywhere...NO FFL OR NFA rules apply

Realy now..? So whats the exact percentage of criminals steal guns for crime or making them?

whats your definition of a "gun crimer" by the way?

More than you would ever Imagine.

A gun crimer Are Violent Bikers, Inner city thugs/ Street Gangs, Serious drug dealers/Cartels...Etc

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

There is no gun registry in the US. A couple of states have it but it is not nationwide.

SPECULUM is talking about a legal activity of selling privately owned firearms. If those dealers are actually keeping guns off of their books to sell without a background check, they're corrupt and breaking the law.

A large number of guns used in crimes come from "straw purchases" which are already illegal. Also, corrupt dealers account for a large percentage and that is, again, already illegal.

A yellow sheet is Not a Gun registration. Its the dealers federal form he must keep as part of their accounting for BATF before a gun is ever sold to a customer, along with their gun book. and once they retire their business they must release all shop history to the feds. although the feds come in from time to time to read through them...Been there seen that..

Their personal guns they keep at home even go in the books and BATF even searches their homes for undocumented firearms..Lol

I'm a dealer... Dude.

www.hk94.com...

Whatever...Lol

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I think its probably less than 15%.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I'm a dealer... Dude.

www.hk94.com...

Whatever...Lol

Yeah, whatever. They aren't yellow.

I don't care if they were yellow years ago, they aren't yellow now and haven't been for at least the last 5 years.

I've been at this for 20 years and I've never heard someone call it a "yellow sheet."

edit on 8/4/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Where are your sources for that information?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

That sounds fair..out of 150,000,000 gun owners

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I'm a dealer... Dude.

www.hk94.com...

Whatever...Lol

I don't care if they were yellow years ago, they aren't yellow now and haven't been for at least the last 5 years.

I've been at this for 20 years and I've never heard someone call it a "yellow sheet."

We still call them Yellow sheet..Doesn't matter if they are pink or purple..old habits never die...HAHAHAHAHA

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm a dealer... Dude.

www.hk94.com...

Whatever...Lol

We still call them Yellow sheet..Doesn't matter if they are pink or purple..old habits never die...HAHAHAHAHA

Must be a weird regional thing, then. I'm glad you find it so funny.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Where are your sources for that information?

Bureau of Justice Statistics.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Stand up and demand heavier oversight of the dealers. Registration of weapons.
Come on, after all that talk, I get the impression you use every excuse you can find to deny that it´s somehow also your fault (the "good" ones) because you do nothing against it. In your fear, you could loose the rights to bear arms, you justify the ruthless handling of weapons. This is the impression I get. Personal opinion, please do not be offended.

You are a weapons dealer?
Aha. Is this the reason you try to find something evil in every thing we recommend that we think, could help your(USA) situation?

By the way. I just startpaged "usa gun yellow sheet" after 15 seconds I knew those were yellow some years ago and are now white.
Here is my source

forums.gunbroker.com...

You are playing a dirty game my friend.
edit on 5-8-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join