It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Who are they? I thought I read that it was a local farmer who lured the lion off of the preservation.

Actually I believe it was the guide who lured it onto the farmers land. Although it may have been both the guide and farmer. I don't know if it said the hunter was involved with that part or not.

In my opinion this is probably not the first time this farmer and guide have worked together in doing something like this either. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You are probably correct on both parts.

I thought the farmer lured the lion off the preservation and the guide lured it from that point on.

Seems like it would take a while to lure a lion off a reservation, but I am no expert.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well, it said they dragged some dead animal by truck. So I'm guessing you tie it to the rear and drag it's bleeding carcass around for a while and then out to where you want him to go and just wait around. The cat will pick of the scent and follow the trail as if he would a wounded animal. Seems a bit like chumming the water. Once you get the smell out there you just have to sit back and wait for the hunger mouths to show up and snag em up real easy.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Who are they? I thought I read that it was a local farmer who lured the lion off of the preservation.

Actually I believe it was the guide who lured it onto the farmers land. Although it may have been both the guide and farmer. I don't know if it said the hunter was involved with that part or not.

In my opinion this is probably not the first time this farmer and guide have worked together in doing something like this either. But that's just my opinion.

That sounds more like it.

And I'm still not defending the hunter. He can take the heat for being a trophy hunter.

But, if he was set-up --- that's not on him.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You are probably correct on both parts.

I thought the farmer lured the lion off the preservation and the guide lured it from that point on.

Seems like it would take a while to lure a lion off a reservation, but I am no expert.

Right.

I want to know who is reporting this information.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yeah I made it all up. They did nothing wrong.....

I think you are arguing nothing really. And your replies are not negating anything I have written, Im not going to line by line and repeat myself as that's kinda what you are asking me to do with that post.

They lured. Decapitated and destroyed the collar. Was he in the tub relaxing at time whilst this was being done? no., but lol if you need to think he was then ok......

The 2 men charged with a criminal offense will or won't throw him into the mix, shall we wait and see? Shall we come back to this thread page when they testify?

To annee, yes its "allegedly" till the court case, would it be better if i edit allegedly into all my posts

see here one the of press releases by Zimparks ( government authority ) stating what they are charged with, sorry no mention of a cell, but pretty sure the carcass and damaged collar and photo of the kill are good enough evidence to prosecute.

JOINT PRESS STATEMENT BY ZIMBABWE PARKS AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY AND SAFARI OPERATORS ASSOCIATION OF ZIMBABWE ON THE ILLEGAL HUNT OF A COLLARED LION AT ANTOINETTE FARM, HWANGE DISTRICT ON 1 JULY 2015 IN GWAYI CONSERVANCY BY BUSHMAN SAFARIS PROFESSIONAL HUNTER, THEO BRONKHORST.

Theo Bronchorst, a professional hunter with Bushman Safaris is facing criminal charges (VIC FALLS Police CR 27/07/2015) for allegedly killing a collared lion on Antoinette farm in Gwayi Conservancy, Hwange district on 1 July 2015. The lion named ‘Cecil’ was well known and regularly sighted by tourists in the Main camp area of Hwange National Park. It is alleged that the hunter connived with the Antoinette land owner, Mr. Honest Trymore Ndlovu to kill the lion. Ongoing investigations to date, suggest that the killing of the lion was illegal since the land owner was not allocated a lion on his hunting quota for 2015. Therefore, all persons implicated in this case are due to appear in court facing poaching charges.

Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management as the Regulatory Authority and custodian of all wild animals in Zimbabwe issues hunting permits and hunting quota for all hunting areas in Zimbabwe so that only animals on quota are to be hunted. In this case, both the professional hunter and land owner had no permit or quota to justify the offtake of the lion and therefore are liable for the illegal hunt.

Both professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst’s licence number 553 who was involved in the hunt and the owner of Antoinette farm, Mr. Honest Trymore Ndlovu are being jointly charged for illegally hunting the lion. The two are due to appear in court on Wednesday, 29 July 2015. Efforts are being made to interview the other professional hunter, Zane Bronkhorst, licence number 558, who was also involved in the illegal hunt.

The Professional Hunter Theo Bronkhosrt’s Licence has been suspended with immediate effect. The lion trophy has also been confiscated. The relevant stakeholders have been informed and are being updated about this matter.

www.zimparks.org... -zimbabwe-on-the-illegal-hunt-of-a-collared-lion-at-antoinette-farm-hwange-district-on-1-july-2015-in-gwayi-conservancy-by-bushman-safaris-profess

Nor do I have the court transcript from Wednesday, where Theo Bronkhorst pleaded not guilty to a charge of "failing to prevent an unlawful hunt". He was granted bail of $1,000 (£638) and ordered to appear in court again on 5 August. but are you really asking me to prove the Zimbabwes court case with cell phone evidence? The prosecution has a case.

Lets see what happens August 5...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I understand that part.

It isn't a practice I condone, but from what I understand it isn't illegal.

What makes sense to me is the farmer lured the lion off the reservation probably without a vehicle. I think if they tried to lure the lion off the reservation with the vehicle they would have probably drawn some attention and left tracks.

Unless the guide crew were composed of complete idiots then they would have had the farmer lure it of preservation grounds and they could have degree of seperation.

However as it has been stated by some on this thread the hunter did all the luring, destroying, and eccetera. Don't even know why he had a guide with him with such proficency. Of course I don't know what article that info is printed in.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
In just my own insignificant opinion, I have always felt that a person never looks so absolutely stupid as when they have some turd sucking smile on their face while posing next to the carcass of some dead animal they've killed. Whether it's a local deer in the woods or some beautiful exotic animal, the same applies.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

not I did not say HE DID ALL the luring, I implied the group did. HE is not a innocent first timer. He would understand a lure was taking place. Do you at least acknowledge that?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Im all for hunting to put some game in the freezer, a lion though im about 99% sure would not be eaten. The alpha male thing was a dumb comment from another poster that I found laughable.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The hunter has already been in trouble for hunting before, after being caught lying to Federal Wildlife officers about the circumstances surrounding his killing of a Black Bear.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yes, I know that people have been charged. I never disputed that in fact I said it has happened.

You claimed it was Palmer who did all those things.

You went from "they" to "he" did it.

BTW Palmer is the dentist that is not named anywhere in that press statement yet you have repeatedly referred to him as the one (he) luring the lion and destroying evidence.

Now it seems you are ready to wait and see if he was complicit when before it looked like you already convicted him.

Did you make it all up? No.

Embellish? Looks like you did. At least you are now you are willing to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

not I did not say HE DID ALL the luring, I implied the group did. HE is not a innocent first timer. He would understand a lure was taking place. Do you at least acknowledge that?

Pardon!!!

Here is the link to your post where you said just that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The argument about whether he saw it or not is moot, he Lured, then destroyed evidence.

In fact, I haven't seen where he was charged in taking part in any luring. That should be the guides job shouldn't it? Your the expert.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You are playing with my words grim , I meant they and referred to he when discussing his involvement with the group.
see: "TThey lured. Decapitated and destroyed the collar. Was he in the tub relaxing at time whilst this was being done? no., but lol if you need to think he was then ok...... "

HE is a pig, I will wait for the court case just to confirm it, not to prove his innocence

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The hunter has already been in trouble for hunting before, after being caught lying to Federal Wildlife officers about the circumstances surrounding his killing of a Black Bear.

And something like that can go both ways.

If you had a felony for illegal hunting, would you risk another one?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AzerothTraveler

Well I always thought people smiling through their fat faces while they loot epicz look stupid too but that's some peoples gig ehh?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I take it that if it were you then you would have been guarding the collar at all times. Never taking your eyes off of it because you would suspect that they would destroy it if you didn't.

Yes, that totally makes sense.

I wonder, what would you have done with the collar?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Now you're just be silly, I'm not going to answer that kind of post grim, come on...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Would you fight for your life in the middle of the African outback over it?

To be clear I mean over the collar. If the guides wanted to cover it up would you fight for your life about it?
edit on 29-7-2015 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Yeah not answering that insightful poignant question either, ludicrous.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join