It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Sadly being stupid doesn't allow for incarceration...

I did say criminal OR moron.
If the fee proves to have been puffed up it will be seen as a bribe, i can't see the sites trophy list pricing as it must have been closed.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

This is so selfish With the technology we have today, Trophy Hunting is not only unnecessary, but destroying species.

He didn't NEED Cecil's skin for clothes.

He didn't NEED Cecil's muscles and organs for food.

He didn't NEED to kill Cecil.

He threw away Fifty Thousand Dollars...... To kill a beautiful creature.

To me that is sick, and a sign of a mental illness. That is just my opinion.

I am disgusted.

-Alee

You do realize that these hunts donate the animal to local tribes correct?

You also do realize when they do these hunts that the animals are picked to protect the integrity of the "herds" and or "prides" right?

You do realize that they arrange the hunts to maintain optimal population to keep the species strong righ?

Knee Jerk reactions = ignorance

You do realize that cecil had cubs of his own right?

Who are almost guaranteed to be killed by any new male who takes over the pride, right?

You realize this is how the lion kingdom works right?

You do realize that disney movies are not an accurate portrayal of animal life, right?

Right?

Ignorance = ignorance.... right?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Like I've said over and over I'm all for hanging this guy by his nuts of it turns out her poached this lion... But do we really need a 21 page bleeding heart opus on AboveTopSecret.com?

It's manufactured outrage and the media is just puppeting away.. All The articles I've read are written in a very inflammatory way to drive up shares and clicks... It's manipulation all day..

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Like I've said over and over I'm all for hanging this guy by his nuts of it turns out her poached this lion... But do we really need a 21 page bleeding heart opus on AboveTopSecret.com?

It's manufactured outrage and the media is just puppeting away.. All The articles I've read are written in a very inflammatory way to drive up shares and clicks... It's manipulation all day..

This is our voting public.

How scary is that?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

#Trump2016 /Facepalm

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

originally posted by: Dragoon01

a reply to: mindseye1609

Second - Culling older males

Another poor attempt to articulate. Let me separate the myth from the facts for you. Culling older males disrupts the family hierarchy and creates disorder among the younger males. They will begin fighting and competing for females where needless death of breeding males occurs. It devastates the social order of things when you kill the ruling male. It's not natural selection when that happens.

Stop peddling your own crap. This statement is not at all fact it is your opinion.

Look, if you don't understand the rules, you have no business trophy hunting or defending the idiots who do.

As well, it is forbidden to kill a male lion if it's accompanied with a pride, as the next dominant male would then swoop in and kill off all the offspring. Johnny Rodrigues, chairman of the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force, told CBC Radio's As It Happens that a lion will likely kill Cecil's six cubs.

www.cbc.ca...

Crap eh?

Recently, several studies have also determined that poorly managed commercial trophy hunting of lions represents yet another threat to the species. Due to their incredible size and beautiful manes, mature males are preferred by hunters. However, the removal of resident ‘pride males’ disrupts social balance, often leading to accelerated rates of infanticide in which trophy-hunted male lions are replaced by new male lions who kill the pride’s cubs in order to speed up estrus in females and spread their unique genes. Where hunting is poorly managed, the combined effect of killing males and infanticide can have serious impacts on lion populations.

wildlife-warriors.com...

More crap?

So, when human hunters make their kills based on the preference of pride Alpha males (for the manes) they disrupt the natural genetic "stir". Young males do not end up leaving the pride. They don't have to with the "old man" out of the way. Mothers and sisters get bred by males barely showing mane. By the time they get maned they too are hunted, as the preference of poachers and licensed hunters. That leaves yet another cycle of male offspring breeding back into the same genetic pool. Three generations of this (generations are short when 3 year old new-maned lions are pruned out) and the pool is so inbred that disease and sterility begins to emerge as natural weaknesses. Wildlife biologists are already observing this scenario.

www.catman1.com...

And I like how you've got absolutely nothing to say about my eco-tourism point. Actually, I take back the value for Cecil being 8 hundred K alive, more like millions over periods of time. You're killing the goose that lays golden eggs. You don't know what you're talking about.

Yes crap from Eco warriors and tree huggers. I didn't poo poo your tourism issue. I actually made a direct comment about it. I said in the future that tourism may be more lucrative and enough on its own to make keeping species as viable. That may or may not be the case in some areas yet. Since the argument can be made that hunting generates a LOT of funds for these areas I think its safe to say that we are in a transitional moment at best. Hunting is what kept these animals alive well before eco tourism was even a word.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just saw the best meme ever...

"Too bad Isis doesn't do more big game hunting, maybe America might actually do something about them then"
edit on 30-7-2015 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

Yes crap from Eco warriors and tree huggers

Says you. Fine plug your ears and scream la-la all you want but it's the truth man. You can't just go kicking in proverbial doors and blow away leaders of prides. Male lions prevent inbreeding; the genetic pool needs to be replenished and it force the younger males to create their own pride which expands the number count. There's a balance in nature long before trophy hunting was even a word and there is no need for it other than to fill a masculine void.

So come up with some facts that counter my argument and maybe, just maybe I won't laugh at you.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
Just saw the best meme ever...

"Too bad Isis doesn't do more big game hunting, maybe America might actually do something about them then"

Right. So that sites like this could claim we were doing so to steal oil or further a Rothschild agenda or whatever. . .

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This lion, in fact, was guilty of numerous macro aggressions with terrorist intent against antelope and other peace-loving herbivores, who only wanted to live their lives with dignity and security. And I won't even mention the offensive, hurtful, hate-filled thoughts this lion was known to harbor against the hyenas and jackals.

So I am not sympathetic with Cecil!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Fury Erupts After Walter Palmer Is Named As Cecil The Lion's Killer

This guy is really popular!

Outcries could be heard around the globe after a Minnesota dentist was identified as the man who killed Zimbabwe's beloved Cecil the Lion.

Dr. Walter Palmer was named by the Telegraph as the man who paid $55,000 to hunt the famous 13-year-old animal, luring him out of Hwange National Park with dead meat, piercing him with a bow and arrow, and then following him for 40 hours before shooting him dead with a rifle. Cecil was ultimately skinned and beheaded.

Outrage ensued. People tweeted death threats directed at Palmer and posted contact information for his Bloomington, Minnesota, dental practice, BuzzFeed wrote. The Yelp page for his practice was flooded with over 6,000 reviews, lambasting Palmer for his actions and resulting in a one-star rating.

He closed his dental practice and shut the blinds at the office, but that did not stop people from leaving stuffed animals and notes outside the building in memory of Cecil, Fox's Minneapolis station KMSP reported.

Maybe they should feed him to the lions
edit on 30-7-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'd bet Putin has something to do with this, it's a Russian psyop to emasculate America!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Big game hunting used to be a sport for manly men who would put their lives in danger stalking a great beast for a trophy. This is not the same. I keep picturing this guy sitting on a lounge chair sipping iced tea while the guides bait the lion and lead it right to him. He manages to lob an arrow at the lion and actually hits it but a guide has to chase the lion down and kill it for him. That's sad on so many levels...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This guy for the rest of his life aught to be made to administer dentistry to wild lions

And if he survives that he could get a reality show!

He should be made to run naked in the bush

And if he survives that be Donald Trumps running mate

edit on 30-7-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Yes crap from Eco warriors and tree huggers

Says you. Fine plug your ears and scream la-la all you want but it's the truth man. You can't just go kicking in proverbial doors and blow away leaders of prides. Male lions prevent inbreeding; the genetic pool needs to be replenished and it force the younger males to create their own pride which expands the number count. There's a balance in nature long before trophy hunting was even a word and there is no need for it other than to fill a masculine void.

So come up with some facts that counter my argument and maybe, just maybe I won't laugh at you.

Again thats YOUR opinion and the sources you site are eco anti hunting sites. A balanced scientific review will show that managed hunts are perfectly acceptable within animal populations.

Look YOU dont like hunting a lot of people dont like hunting. Thats fine you dont have to like it. People living in an area however see the animals rightfully as a natural resource. There are many ways to manage natural resources. Sometimes you turn them into tourist attractions and sometimes you consume them. Sometimes you can do both at the same time.
The simple fact of the matter is rewind the clock 50 thousand years and men would have been killing lions in Africa. Its the natural order of things so get over it.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
This lion, in fact, was guilty of numerous macro aggressions with terrorist intent against antelope and other peace-loving herbivores, who only wanted to live their lives with dignity and security. And I won't even mention the offensive, hurtful, hate-filled thoughts this lion was known to harbor against the hyenas and jackals.

So I am not sympathetic with Cecil!

Now thats funny right there!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Big game hunting used to be a sport for manly men who would put their lives in danger stalking a great beast for a trophy. This is not the same. I keep picturing this guy sitting on a lounge chair sipping iced tea while the guides bait the lion and lead it right to him. He manages to lob an arrow at the lion and actually hits it but a guide has to chase the lion down and kill it for him. That's sad on so many levels...

Thats not how it happens AT ALL!

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here's a great article on the subject Joe rogan just tweeted.

indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Hunting And trophy killing are two different things. I have nothing against hunting for good but this trophy thing ridiculous. And to touch on your comment about people living In the area crap. They aren't even allowed to bag their own food but let a rich spoiled white guy in there and suddenly it's ok. I'm white btw so save your comments.

Second 50 thousand years ago hunting was a necessity. Trying to clump that in as an argument only shows how desperate you are to defend your stance. Really? C'mon already. Duh. Moronic comment. Trophy hunting is a white man sport. It is not indigenous to Africa. Got any more? I'll shoot it all down

Oh p.s
Show me some facts refutting my comments about the lions that doesn't come from an Eco friendly tree hugging site. I'll shoot that down too.

Messed with the wrong debater

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If the death of this wild animal isn't worthy of the front page, I don't know what is.

Thousands of innocent men, women, and children slaughtered by ISIS - page 5c
Corruption and waste rampant in our ever more Orwellian government - page 4b
The economy looks like a jaundiced cancer patient facing an ACA death panel - page 7a

Alas, the national attention span never lasts long enough to reach the front page fold.

What the hell...if this is where the American people make a stand then I am in. Should we start with a twitter campaign, or will our rants on ATS be enough? Hopefully the latter, because I am pretty tired and True Detective is about to co--

SQUIRREL!!!

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join