It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

(CNN)Authorities were investigating an "active shooter incident" Thursday at the Naval Reserve Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Fire Chief Randy Jackson said.

Jackson said paramedics were standing by but had not transported anyone at this time.

Photos posted on Twitter by media outlets showed police blocking a road and a large number of patrol cars.

'Active shooter incident' reported at Tennessee naval center

According to a witness being interviewed, the shooter was a white guy in a silver mustang with a rifle of some sort. The incident occurred outside of three recruiting offices. No word on casualties but this witness said she saw a man hit in the leg. From what I'm hearing, the shooter apparently got out of his vehicle, sprayed gunfire, reloaded and continued firing and then got back in his car and sped off.
edit on 2015-7-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If they haven't caught him that nut will probably shoot up someplace else .

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

My source says the suspect was "down". Not sure what that means...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for that. It looks like from the one statement in the article from the Mayor, the suspect may be apprehended/dead:

The officer was rushed to a local hospital, and the suspect was also "down," Berke said.

Sounds like a nut with a grudge against one or more branches of the military.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here in the UK they're reporting multiple locations for shootings.

White suspect in a silver Mustang apparently.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I hope they got him alive. I'd like to get to the bottom of one of these .

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I hope they got him alive. I'd like to get to the bottom of one of these .

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Okay, they're saying it's a sniper - he's pulling up in the Mustang, shooting people, then driving onto his next target. There's at least three locations, the gunman is still on the loose and shot people are beginning to arrive at hospital.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I've not found any description of the shooter yet. But I did find it was near the Navy recruitment center, in that area. I myself haven't seen any report of the shooter being "down" or any information on the shooters current location or status.

They did say the shooter was using a rifle. Not sure on any other weapon. There are not a lot of detail at this point.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

Oh, crap! I was hoping he was apprehended. They'll get him, I'm sure. Hopefully before more people are shot.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: KingIcarus

Oh, crap! I was hoping he was apprehended. They'll get him, I'm sure. Hopefully before more people are shot.

There is a 15 mile distance between the two shooting scenes. To me the most troubling part could be that this maniac could get on I 75 and end up anywhere from Florida to Michigan .

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Check gas stations he will have to refuel to keep this up, most tanks of gas can give your three hundred miles on a full tank(best case).

Fast car, Interstate, tons of small little stops along the way... interesting

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Good call, luckily I'm a good 50 miles from I-75 in GA. Praying this all ends soon.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

Check gas stations he will have to refuel to keep this up, most tanks of gas can give your three hundred miles on a full tank(best case).

If he starts moving up the interstate all gas stations will be aware. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Amber alert system used in a circumstance like this .

But if he knows he's being tracked he could just carjack different cars. With any luck the next person he runs into is either a police officer or concealed carry holder .

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Found a twitter feed for one of the local press. Has a photo of one of the locations after the shooting. Dose not look like a sniper, by the number of brass marked on the ground.

Drew Bollea Twitter feed

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

My VW Jetta TDI Diesel gets 700+ miles per tank

But, I do agree, there is only so far a car like a mustang can get.
1- Poor fuel economy
2- Sticks out from a crowd of cars

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
TEMA (not a typo) is requesting flight restrictions put in place over Chattanooga.

CNN says it was a reserve training center and a recruiting station. One officer down and at the hospital.

Amincola (sp?) highway shutdown. Local radio is saying police "in pursuit" but no details as to whether it's a chase or they're just following a trail.
edit on 16-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

wcvb.com... Live feed here. They just said the mayor is giving an update in the next couple minutes.
edit on 16-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Fast catch! S & F

From what I can tell he HAS NOT been caught. It is still considered an active shooter. Stay safe everyone!!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

My source says the suspect was "down". Not sure what that means...

It means the opposite of up.

Just sayin'

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join