It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Welp it seems the obvious not only is becoming common knowledge but we may have our smoking gun. Personally I can only say even as a child I found the Bible to be "wishy washy" and full of contradictions. Seems these Roman Aristocrats had a agenda and that agenda has plagued humanity to this day. Maybe this story will pick up and shed light on the biggest sham of all time.

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'
Biblical scholars will be appearing at the 'Covert Messiah' Conference at Conway Hall in London on the 19th of October to present this controversial discovery to the British public.

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at www.covertmessiah.com...).
Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. "I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm," he acknowledges, "but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people."

Source

uk.prweb.com...

edit on 14-7-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

This "discovery" was presented on October 19th of 2013...Seeing as how nothing has come of it, I'd say it was hogwash, designed to promote a book (the presenter was an author of several books on the subject).
edit on 7/14/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Why is the date on the article October 8, 2013??

Speaking of "biggest shams"...

edit on 7/14/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here is a vid on the subject .
text "The following are just some of the major problems with this theory. For footnotes and references to the claims I’m about to make, go to the link in the description or to the website ceasarsmessiahdebunked.com.

One of the biggest problems this theory has is the existence of Christianity before 73 AD, when Atwill says that the idea was concocted by the Romans. Quite simply, if Christianity can be demonstrated to exist before that time, this theory is toast.

The famous historian Tacitus says that Nero was persecuting Christians in Rome in 64 AD. He also mentions that “immense multitudes” of Christians were living in Rome at the time. Try to figure out why “immense multitudes” of Christians are in Rome ten years before Christianity was supposed to have been invented." more at caesarsmessiahdebunked.com...
edit on 14-7-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I guess project blue beam and the new images projected onto clouds will have to figure who else to put up as the 2nd coming since Jesus is a fake./sarc

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Right you are. The 'big' reveal was supposed to be October 2013 not 2014. I guess it didn't make much of a stir.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

what my work has done is give permission to many of those ready to leave the religion to make a clean break.

Hmm, his work grants permission for something one does not need permission to do.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Another effort to bust on Christianity again...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

This "discovery" was presented on October 19th of 2013...Seeing as how nothing has come of it, I'd say it was hogwash, designed to promote a book (the presenter was an author of several books on the subject).

Damn you're quick, the first in every thread!

Who says nothing came from it?

Different strokes bro.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Another effort to bust on Christianity again...

I am not religious but I do see a clearly written agenda to demonize Christianity and Islam while promoting Judaism. I hope they call me a bunch of names lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
At this point in time. No matter how irrefutable the evidence one might discover that Christianity is faux, it would never be accepted by the public, or the academia. I would even venture to say, the damage control effort would be extensive, and it would be covered up quickly. It wouldn't do to expose Christianity, or any other religion right now. Down the road though...

edit on 7/14/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Damage control is in effect and it is getting covered up quickly.

I already said I am not religious but I cannot prove it to be false or true, neither can you. All of us need to explore our spirituality and keep an open mind. I know most this god # is fake as # but part of me wants to wish that there is a greater power. To automatically dismiss it due to your bias is ignorant and narrow minded.

Rethink a few things before you end up in nothingness.

Pardon my soapbox rant too many beers I think, good night.

There must be a higher power or we could not be here.

I'm still trying to figure things out but will never keep a closed mind where I ridicule people for their beliefs on the internet just because I think it makes me look smart to other members.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I have read through their stuff.

Still haven't seen anything like the "ancient confession" spoken of in the headline.

The writer apparently infers everything from the gospels and the works of Josephus.

edit on 14/7/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yet another thread attacking the Christians. It is laughable how everyone and everything is off-limits to ridicule unless you are Christian, white male or overweight. Hopefully these last three groups that are targets of bigotry will be overcome.

edit on 2015/7/14 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

reply to: Klassified

Since you bring up roads...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh its not like the romans didnt lie and stab each other on the back. Remember these are the same people who renamed JUDEA into palestinia for kicks.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

There must be a higher power or we could not be here.

And you're telling me not to have a closed mind?

I'm still trying to figure things out but will never keep a closed mind where I ridicule people for their beliefs on the internet just because I think it makes me look smart to other members.

You mean like Christians have been doing for 2000 years?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Yet another thread attacking the Christians. It is laughable how everyone and everything is off-limits to ridicule unless you are Christian, white male or overweight. Hopefully these last three groups that are targets of bigotry will be overcome.

As I said above. Christianity has certainly put in their time forcing their beliefs and theology on everyone in the world. But that's ok because they're the "moral majority". I think they can handle a few plates full of what they've been dishing out for the past few millennia.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: fshrrex
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

reply to: Klassified

Since you bring up roads...

Read it. Awesome thread, done by a member who has been sorely missed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join