It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Satan is the great deceiver, don't be fooled.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
Satan is the great deceiver, don't be fooled.

God created all things including Satan; I guess I will not be fooled twice.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

People have been trying to come up with reasons to escape responsibility for wickedness for thousands of years, in the same joke of a manner like this. Christ is most definitely real, but you might never know if you buy into lies like this, and if you never seek to know him, then maybe before it is too late, he will find you. When it happens to people, and it does, you will know the truth and be deeply embarrassed and ashamed before his presence in spirit. There is no place to run and hide to when it happens. What do you think you do at that point? Confess in a very grand speech of words to save your own ass. It happened to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Guys need to stop reading the bible so literal and also get some less distorted Hebrew translations it all connects in the end.

God= I am=What is what was and what will be=eternal consciousness= SUPREME NATURAL LAW

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
Guys need to stop reading the bible so literal and also get some less distorted Hebrew translations it all connects in the end.

God= I am=What is what was and what will be=eternal consciousness= SUPREME NATURAL LAW

then god is a universal reflex. comparable to the beating of your heart. nothing you really think about or control until its no longer there.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

...Yes...&...No...

"There is a definition of God which has been repeated by many philosophers. God is an intelligible sphere—a sphere known to the mind, not to the senses—whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere. And the center is right where you’re sitting. And the other one is right where I’m sitting. And each of us is a manifestation of that mystery. That’s a nice mythological realization that sort of gives you a sense of who and what you are.”

Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: fshrrex

A long winded way of saying not much at all.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

A short retort for a cat on a hamster slide. That was as deep as a bottle cap.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The same applies to all religions. They all are false and are created to control humans across the globe. Those in true power know this and hold all the keys to where the knowledge started from. Instead of making humans feel special that they are all individuals and are a product of the universe we are surrounded by, religion gives a false feel good vibe to those that follow. ( I am special but not as special as the all mighty God) Jargon.

Religion, like wars and racial hatred are here to keep us all busy while the bigger picture goes on flowing behind all of our backs.

I am proud to be an atheist, at-least I know my place in the universe.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

then god is a universal reflex. comparable to the beating of your heart. nothing you really think about or control until its no longer there.

That just about explains it. One can be angry that God wont show itself as "ultimate creator"; yet proof of ITS existence surrounds you EVERYWHERE (your own complex DNA).

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

That just about explains it. One can be angry that God wont show itself as "ultimate creator"; yet proof of ITS existence surrounds you EVERYWHERE (your own complex DNA).

Would you worship a clock? Same principle. You are not a factor in a process of sentient thought, you are a stimulus in a vast web of atomic reflex. Another dust particle in the electric storm. All hail Thor.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Would you worship a clock? Same principle. You are not a factor in a process of sentient thought, you are a stimulus in a vast web of atomic reflex. Another dust particle in the electric storm. All hail Thor.

Depends on the century born; a sundial?, I am certain that my nature does NOT allow for the Worship of any kind regarding another thing or being. I am a factor as I am pure of thought and not confused regarding my being. I suppose I am a stimulus but not of the convoluted muddy type so do not confuse/muddy the waters.
edit on 19-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Okeyd57

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Metallicus
Yet another thread attacking the Christians. It is laughable how everyone and everything is off-limits to ridicule unless you are Christian, white male or overweight. Hopefully these last three groups that are targets of bigotry will be overcome.

As I said above. Christianity has certainly put in their time forcing their beliefs and theology on everyone in the world. But that's ok because they're the "moral majority". I think they can handle a few plates full of what they've been dishing out for the past few millennia.

True Christians haven't "forced" their beliefs on anyone.

I could not stop laughing at that stupid quote! have you ever heard of the Crusades or Inquisition? Torture, rape and murder to accept Christianity? have you ever wondered why the people's of Central and South America, along with the Philippine's are so devoted in their belief? Do you believe that Spanish Christians just turned up and told them this wonderful story of Christ and the people immediately accepted the religion??? No! It was fear beat into them, end of story!

Now, let us get to the truth as well, Christianity is an invention by the Romans to save their empire by the Emperor Constantine and the Council Of Nicaea, it worked! based on accounts of a Jewish teacher (Rabbi) named Yeshua ben Yosef but with supernatural additions and stories added! Christmas day and Easter are based on pagan holidays! WTF has bunnies and eggs got to do with Yeshua!

There was NEVER a person named Christ or Jesus, it was all based on a dream that Paul (who was Saul) had! No one in the land of Israel or Judea was named Paul, Matthew, Peter or Judas because they are not Jewish names and Yeshua's followers were all Jewish too!

If Jesus is real and the saviour, why is the seat of power in Rome? When did this Jesus ever visit Rome?

Now ask me about Christ Consciousness? That is something else entirely!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
originally posted by: Hongkongphooey

originally posted by: [post=19573926]OK.Now ask me about Christ Consciousness? That is something else entirely!

I will ask you about Christ Consciousness now. I know what it is and entails (SPECIAL form of Enlightenment) and has nothing really to do with the figure "JESUS" just the message.
edit on 19-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I checked out the page and it's evident from the beginning his 'facts' are from his speculation and going into la,la land. If you blindly accept what this man claims, you're a fool. There's plenty proof of the man Jesus existing.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I'm not so sure it would be Huge, Krazyshot. And if it were, the backlash and damage control I mentioned on the first page would be just as huge, and people would still cling to their beliefs. So we would end up with evidence that gets consistently bombarded just like evolution does.
Look how many question evolution, just because of the consistent criticism it gets from the creationists.
Look how many still cling to a world-wide flood, even though science has found no evidence such a thing happened.
Look how many still think a flat earth was once a widely held belief.
Look how many still cling to beliefs science has shown, again and again, to be wrong.
Yet the evidence is there, for anyone to look up, and in some cases, can be checked by an individual who is willing to take the time to do so.
Even I question certain things science says I shouldn't. lol.

My point being, when it comes to something billions of people believe in. Definitive evidence isn't nearly as strong as faith, in most cases.

I promised myself I wouldn't reply to old posts. Yet, this one is so inane that I cannot stop myself.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you... the kettle. The man who disses the faithful and yet cannot help but be faithful himself.

Look, dude. People disagree with evolution not because there isn't any evidence for it. There is evidence supporting nearly everything, including evolution. We are on a conspiracy forum, for Christ's sake. We discuss evidence for the existence of aliens, lizard people and the big foot on a daily basis. It is not a lack of a for evidence that makes them not believe it. They disagree with evolution because there is a lot of evidence against it. Even RooshV, who is as far from a Christian as a person can be (he is a hedonist) no longer accepts evolution as true because of the evidence against it. As you said yourself "evidence isn't nearly as strong as faith, in most cases" including obviously yours. You were indoctrinated to rationalize away the evidence against it so you can keep your faith intact.

The most obvious evidence of your complete indoctrination is your last but one sentence: "Even I question things that science says I shouldn't." Replace the world 'science' with 'religion' and what different does it make you from any religious person? None, at all. Truth is, science says nothing of such. If anything, science is built upon the idea of questioning everything. Without questioning, there can be no progress. However, humans do say you shouldn't question them. You are faithful and yet diss the faithful. It is just that your priests wear lab coats. It is obvious to anyone but you.

Furthermore, the fact that science found no evidence of a global food doesn't mean it didn't happen. "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" except for the ones with a predetermined conclusion in mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ffx6554
Well first, Evolution would not negate the existence of Jesus Christ. Second, there's no evidence of macro-evolution. In fact, there's no guarantee that the past(pre-Flood) happened at all. How can you be sure that the past actually happened, as opposed to that we were transported into a game where it was made to "look like" it happened the way it was. The truth is, if you were not present at that time, then you cannot be sure that it actually existed!

I have a radical new theory and it actually makes a lot of sense, and that is, everything pre-Flood or Biblical times is actually just a set-up, because I cannot imagine why anyone would run a simulation for billion of years for little more than the equivalent of watching grass grow.

I can help you with that. I am an INFJ. Imagination is basically what we do. According to an old friend of mine with a knowledge of ancient hebrew (and some here can probably confirm it), the way the genesis account is written imply that when it says that things were created, they were actually 'crafted'. So, when it says that God 'created' something, He was actually busy carefully crafting them. So, yes, it might take even God billions of years to create the whole universe, if He was crafting things, setting up conditions, and the like.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTheSmith

It's been believed for CENTURIES that Josephus' Testimionium Flavium's famous paragraph regarding Jesus was a fabrication. That's agreed upon. I'm sorry.

chs.harvard.edu...

You are outdated. The most recent developments have determined that it was, in fact, an interpolation of something Josephus wrote, and that the part mentioning Jesus is at least partially genuine. It is accepted by most historians that Jesus existed as some historical person, that taught some of the things attributed to him, at least. There was a version of the manuscript found in another language, with a non-interpolated version of the text, that is consistent with the way that Josephus used to write.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: fshrrex
Joseph Campbell use to say he knew of, at least , 26 versions of the"Christ" story. The name JESUS (fish?) is of Greek origin and an unlikely birth name for a jew from Nazareth, who reportedly traces his lineage back to Abraham.

The name 'Jesus' is a minor variant of the name 'Joshua' and is found in many places around the old testament, one example being Ezra 2:2.

originally posted by: Frocharocha
Considering the fact that there's no documents, even Roman regarding the existence of a man called Jesus Christ, the best thing people can assume is that he never existed at all, outside the Bible.

There are no documents regarding the existence of most people that ever lived. A lot of people that are alive even today may not have any document regarding their existence. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. You can assume nothing out of it.

originally posted by: Hongkongphooey
I could not stop laughing at that stupid quote! have you ever heard of the Crusades or Inquisition? Torture, rape and murder to accept Christianity?

Yes, I did. Have you? I mean, outside of Hollywood movies and atheist anti-Christian websites?
edit on 24/7/2015 by Leahn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

If this is true then there's nothing left credible of the Bible. The Old Testament is nothing more than Zionist propaganda.

However, the Jews do acknowledge the existence of Jesus even if they regard him as the enemy or false prophet. Unless the Romans are in cahoots with the Jews!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join