It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Base Hopping 2015

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Yeah no kidding. I thought about going back at some point, then looked at the picture of the car from the top of the Butte and thought again.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh god, your going to make me cry. Lol.

And who could forget pimps & pink lambo's, paranoid horses and kamikaze rabbits.

Oh boy is your inbox gonna blew up now.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Yeah, you should post that one as PSA for the ones fool hardy enough to go out there.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I almost did, but didn't want to without your OK.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So this is a slightly zoomed in picture on the car from the top of the Butte.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Poor little sub. all by its lonesome.

We were hoping it was going to still be there since I realized after we got to the top, I left it unlocked. Oops.

link   

More cool pics

Searching the tail number "N417FS" brings up several hits which say that's one of the last working Huns. A few do airshows but that one was still being used as a chase plane for a corporate jet. Found a sole post here.

N418FS is interesting as it seems to be acquired by a civilian from the Danish Airforce back in `82 and from the little bit of info I could find is the only Ex-USAF acquired by a civilian.Fokker 100

Both aircraft are owned by Big Sky Warbirds and that's all I could dig up.

In the one image of the B-52 markings why is the one in grey and in front of that vent or intake? Is that the one you were referring to at the beginning about the sense of humor?

link   

Oh, you forgot to tell me THAT part. Thank god it was still there considering everything that was in it! I know it was the middle of nowhere, but yikes.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Big Sky Warbirds has a website, but it's a crappy website, and that's all you can find out about them.

As for the grey, we don't know the story behind that one. The sense of humor was for the failed test markings.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

At least we had the camera's with the money shots.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I've got some HD video I'm going to try to post when I get back to civilization.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Nice, I get a chance to log on every few days and I`ll remember to check it out.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yeah their website didn't have much, I just scrolled down the list of search results reading what they had. Flightaware.com had the most info from comments of other members but nothing hinted of a mystery so now I`m curious. Is there more to the story from those two F-100s?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Now why would someone want to have several two seat aircraft, registered as chase planes, kept in areas that are known to have test aircraft flying around?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Zaph! a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaphod58! That's so Vegas! By the way... thanks for the rest of the pic's...( save this thread ) they're so nice! Please tell me you got LM'S new bird! Pittsburgh has not had any un-rainy nights... box it up and send it to Cali..... weired sightings here.. something is up.. no beacons..just a flood light bolting through the sky.. hell it makes iss look like its sitting still...

Glad I survived... maybe.. ( cancer sucked )..... Samm Zaphod. Keep them coming!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: howmuch4another

My son also made the trek with us. Kept reminding us how out of shape we are, or at least me.
That was the last day of the trip and let me tell you, getting there was an adventure in itself.

Cool you could share the fun. My best childhood memories are in the desert with my pop. Come to think of it..I bet your son kept you guys from really getting into hot water.

edit on 7/16/2015 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Big Thanks for the effort guys ,
really good to see members going out into the field.

Thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Nicely done you two,shame it wasn't a couple of weeks earlier and we could have made it a threesome! I've still got my Travis photos to get sorted out and on here,at least I was on the right side of the fence for those

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A few pics to add:

My stop at the KC-97 in Medford, OR on my way down to meet Zaph:

Where the Skunk lives:

Story of our lives, cracked open hangers. This one is Northrop's at Palmdale:

Staking out NG's Palmdale hanger after dark (which was partially opened):

Palmdale UFO. Or maybe just a plane:

Edwards AFB montage:

Nellis A-10:

Aggressor Vipers:

Nellis F-15:

Nellis F-22:

Marine Corp. C-130:

Nellis F-16's:

Edwards F-35 with F-16 Chase:

Cool pic of U-2 and XB-70 at Blackbird Park:

Solar power man,
:

Barstow sign shop:

Front door to TTR:

Brainwash Butte with scope and TTR in background (back door to TTR):

Project Faultless nuke test site plaque. Only easily accessible SW nuke test site that I know of:

edit on 16-7-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join