It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Base Hopping 2015

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yeah, the climb to get up there to get those shots, SUCKED.

Oh, and the guys on base are jerks. They started driving around back and forth really fast down dirt roads between radar stations, making us think that they were about to do something, and just kept going back and forth.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

purposely ruining your shots with dust maybe?

or are they bored and just live for days when the occasional enthusiast comes around trying to take shots. "hey guys we got a live one at the perimeter. quick to the trucks and try out our latest trolling tactic!"

is the second base also Creech or is it a different one?
edit on 15-7-2015 by BASSPLYR because: fixed bored spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The last post are all at Tonopah. As for the driving around, I think they just get bored and like to screw with people up in the hills.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

sounds like something i would do.

anyways looking forward to more pics...you do have more right?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

These are most of the good ones, but I'm going to go through over the next few days and try to stitch the Tonopah ones together into one big shot, and probably post more from Palmdale and Edwards, maybe from the crash sites. I have at least 8-900 good pictures, and well over a thousand total from this trip, between the two of us.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

edit on 7/15/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

These are most of the good ones, but I'm going to go through over the next few days and try to stitch the Tonopah ones together into one big shot, and probably post more from Palmdale and Edwards, maybe from the crash sites. I have at least 8-900 good pictures, and well over a thousand total from this trip, between the two of us.

You guys are pros. I would have at least a few of my shoes. Most likely some rocks and a shot of the barrel cactus as I was stumbling into it. Very nice work.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

My brother was an outstanding photographer when I was younger, including shooting aircraft. He taught me a lot about it, and I've had practice of my own with film cameras.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It shows. I'm looking forward to the rest. Did you hike up Brainwash Butte for the TTR pics? I haven't done that yet but would love to. (When it isn't 114 deg.)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yeah we did. It was a lot steeper than you think. The key is to get there early, either just before, or just as the sun is coming up. You get the best view of the base then.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

good point about the heat. how hot was it hiking up that hill?

also, thanks for taking one for the team tackling that hill to get the fantastic shots. good to know the aviation forum's moderator and acclaimed members go the extra distance to bring quality to this forum.

honestly i feel the aviation forums here have developed into one of the hidden gems on the internet for this topic. thanks for the hard work it takes to keep all this up. I and many members here in the aviation forums appreciate it and thank you both.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Maybe we should do a members meet and greet out there Bass. I would love to get to know some of you guys face to face. Until Zaph and Sam did this trip the only member I've seen post from there was Gariac. No offense to those who also did the trek and I just missed it.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

We came down around lunchtime, as it was really starting to heat up. We were up there just before daybreak, so the heat wasn't really an issue. That's why the pictures through the scope were so clear, but the ones of the Beech taking off were hazy. The heat was building so the haze was starting.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

zaph,

that makes sense and is in accord with the series of photos.

so are you guys still on the prowl with a few more stops or are you guys about wrapped up?

we'd sure like for you guys to have a few more stops on your tour.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No, we're wrapped up. He's heading back home now, for a prior commitment. I'd say over a thousand pictures in 4-5 days is about enough for awhile.
edit on 7/15/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

right on.

hope you guys had a good road trip/vacation/ adventure. good to get away sometimes.

look forward to any choice photos you find in review and upload. some great shots there and a few riddles to look into like the strange batman like depictions Sammamish had mentioned on the side of some of those aircraft you checked out earlier in the thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A few more from Victorville/Mojave.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Thanks.

Was one Hell of a trip for sure.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Yeah it was.

Circle deer!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

My son also made the trek with us. Kept reminding us how out of shape we are, or at least me.
That was the last day of the trip and let me tell you, getting there was an adventure in itself.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join