It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What if most of what you have been thought in school about western history was wrong. What if there was no Roman civilization. What if there were no Greek Philosophers. What if the Dark Ages never existed and our timeline was about 1,000 years wrong. What if our so-called ancient history is mostly a lie and written by unnamed Jesuit priests. What if everyone who opposed this "revised" version of history were simply killed. What if. Think. Research for yourself.

-MM
edit on 29-6-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: Changed to "priestS"

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So what am I supposed to research exactly. Do you have any links to support this claim. I could reference you to some sites that claim the world is flat, or the holocaust never happened, or the moon is a hologram. But those seem even less credible then the more main stream record IMO.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What if.... You explained in a consistent form, the theory of what really happened.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What If....we had relics from when all the things you mentioned existed? Are you proposing a super FX crew made them all at the time and buried them to fool us?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sssshhhh, Vasa, you said too much, be quiet.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So thousands and thousands of people have not only created an alternate history but then manufactured and placed all the ruins, structures, and artifacts that have been found? And the scientific, anthropological, and archaeological communities have all perpetuated the lie? Not to mention all those people getting offed?

Yea, I'll research that *eyeroll*

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Last Thursdayism!

What If nothing existed the universe everything before last thursday and we were all made with memories and the universe popped into being just as it is?.

But yeah all the evidence OP I have looked and come to the conclusion much of our history has happened but remember it is the victors who write the history books.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

If this society ostracized people for merely opposing this ''revised'' version of history, we'd all be living in the MIDDLE EAST. In modern day terms that is. People would stand up and say screw you and then seek the truth anyways... that's what would happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh dear, I'm a bit knacked then as I've got a Roman emperors coin from 300 ad . And I wonder who built the "roman" fort not half a mile from where I'm typing.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

What if....ALIENS????

Giorgio would be proud.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So thousands and thousands of people have not only created an alternate history but then manufactured and placed all the ruins, structures, and artifacts that have been found? And the scientific, anthropological, and archaeological communities have all perpetuated the lie? Not to mention all those people getting offed?

What if someone found a ruin and named the origins to fit their paradigm. Found an aqueduct and then it’s the Roman civilization, right? What if there were aqueducts in Mexico, China, India and other remote places, just who made those, as it could not have been the Romans? Must be newer, right, just to fit the official history, and if it is proven older than the Romans no one talks about it. If someone with a nice title labels something "Roman" it may not be the truth.

-MM

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

"What if our so-called ancient history is mostly
a lie and written by unnamed Jesuit priest."

That is an over simplified conspiracy theory,
which is simple not true. Sure there were
various priests throughout time who have
distorted history to serve some agenda...

...but ONE 'unnamed Jesuit' ???

Nope. I don't think so.

It would more correct to say MANY unnamed
Jesuits and MANY unnamed Jewish scribes.

"History is written by the Victors" and those
who control education (like the Jesuits).

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Pretty sure nobody freaked out when pyramids were discovered in the new world and thought Egyptians must've built them....

And I suppose that we'll just ignore the ancient (literally) texts that talk about the planning, funding, construction etc of things like Roman architecture and infrastructure....
edit on 29-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: Shamrock6

What if someone found a ruin and named the origins to fit their paradigm. Found an aqueduct and then it’s the Roman civilization, right? What if there were aqueducts in Mexico, China, India and other remote places, just who made those, as it could not have been the Romans? Must be newer, right, just to fit the official history, and it is older than the Romans no one talks about it. If someone with a nice title labels something Roman it may not be the truth.

-MM

It's called "Multiple Discovery"

Source

The concept of multiple discovery is the hypothesis that most scientific discoveries and inventions are made independently and more or less simultaneously by multiple scientists and inventors.[1] The concept of multiple discovery opposes a traditional view—the "heroic theory" of invention and discovery.

Ever have an idea and think it is original and great only to do a Google search for it and 25 companies have been doing it for 25 years?

Ideas pop up and are implemented around the globe simultaneously all the time. What you are talking about would be a world wide conspiracy to write 1000's of years of history off....and claim things that never happened all without anyone else ever putting down on stone or paper.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Howdy,
I'm slightly butt-hurt about the writings and the libraries (Alexandria) we were told about, but have no hide nor hare to tickle my fancy.
...I was going to write a happy feel good story about heaven coming for a visit and fulfilling every hearts' desire...
then I realized one of those hearts could want me dead.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
To be completely fair in all this, I get the central idea of the OP: history today is a retelling of a retelling of a retelling. A typo here, a misprint there, and over a few centuries the probability of an alteration has to be fairly highly.

But to suggest that all of history, or "most of" is made up? C'mon. Deny ignorance and all that.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
Howdy,
I'm slightly butt-hurt about the writings and the libraries (Alexandria) we were told about, but have no hide nor hare to tickle my fancy.
...I was going to write a happy feel good story about heaven coming for a visit and fulfilling every hearts' desire...

Most of what we have today of so-called "ancient" writings are relatively modern copies made by Jesuit priests as the originals have been "lost". The many destructions of the Library in Alexandria may be nothing more than a convenient way of explaining away the lack of sources from the periods mentioned in more modern "copies" of ancient documents.

-MM

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
So what am I supposed to research exactly. Do you have any links to support this claim. I could reference you to some sites that claim the world is flat, or the holocaust never happened, or the moon is a hologram. But those seem even less credible then the more main stream record IMO.

The sheer lack of provenance is astonishing once one begin to dig backwards into the most ancient sources that are dated.

I want you to research the literal sources of our historians, more often than not you discover that there is no older sources than "copies" made in the middle ages and that those supposed "older ancient originals" have supposedly been lost. Convenient explanation for someone wanting to lie about history.

-MM

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: loveguy
Howdy,

Most of what we have today of so-called "ancient" writings are relatively modern copies made by Jesuit priests as the originals have been "lost". The many destructions of the Library in Alexandria may be nothing more than a convenient way of explaining away the lack of sources from the periods mentioned in more modern "copies" of ancient documents.

-MM

That vault in the Vatican? If walls could reverberate words into a computer program
much like in the way how Hawkins speech is transferred from his mind to a computer program, with a metal-sounding voice?
...seems could be a viable lie detector if used by law enforcement...if we believe what Hawkins says?

Pontifical Academy of Science?
edit on (6/29/1515 by loveguy because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out):

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You may find the Lord Steven Christ interesting, he holds similar views on Jesuits.

And He is a big "what if" guy too.

And he IS Christ, just ask Him.

This is where some 'research' in the youtube age leads.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join