It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if ...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

"Christ" was nothing more than a title that means "Annointed", so in that case anyone can call themselves Christ.

-MM

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I don't think you can research what ifs....only speculate

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What if your brain simply exists in a jar, with hundreds of thousands of electrodes in it to simulate a reality around you?

What is our entire universe is contained with the hydrogen atom sitting atop a flea's back?

What if the Big Bang was an accident that happened when god lit one of his farts?

Man, the What If game is fun!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

What if...there is no jar?

What if...there is no "if"?!?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

What if...there is no jar?

What if...there is no "if"?!?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

And I suppose your sources for "the truth" are much better? Show me and I will attempt deconstruct them into their origins.

-MM
edit on 29-6-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What if I read this entire thread one more time ? will it start to make some kind of sense ?
edit on 29-6-2015 by Hidinout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

And I suppose your sources for "the truth" are much better? Show me and I will attempt deconstruct them into their origins.

-MM

Deconstruct this:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout
What if I read this entire thread one more time ? will it start to make some kind of sense ?

It is simple; once you start deconstrucing you find provenance is poor when it comes to our supposed ancient history. You often end up with relatively modern "copies" of the supposed "real" document which has been conveniently (for those that want to lie about our true history) lost.

-MM

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

-MM

Deconstruct this:

What about them? Them being tombs? No farao was ever found inside any of the three pyramids at Gaza. The great pyramid being built by khufu? Within its walls no hieroglyph proclaims the name of the architect and no cartouche celebrates the life of the pharoah for whom it was built. Being built 5,000 years ago? That theory is built on khufu being the builder which is just guessing on their part and no carbon dating can be done on stone and it may be much older or even younger.

-MM

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
History is written by the victors. So of course there will be a disillusionment of truth, if that truth paints the victors in a shadow of darkness.

And if you take over the world one day, and none are left standing to challenge your authority, then you can tell them that the current time-line is off by 1000 years and correct it. Then within a few generations you will be hailed as the saviour of the world who rescued humanity from Jesuits and the Y3K bug.

Teach any indoctrinated propaganda for a few generations, and it will become truth.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Ah, I see your game now.

So because archaeologists haven't been able to decipher the mysteries at Giza yet, you surmise something is being hidden from us intentionally.

Neat.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ah, I see your game now.

So because archaeologists haven't been able to decipher the mysteries at Giza yet, you surmise something is being hidden from us intentionally.

Neat.

At least I don't proclaim my guesswork’s to be facts and teach them to my kids as "history". Still, this is what has happened; in school every child is thought the "fact" that Khufu built the great pyramid, the “fact” that it is 5,000 years old, and the “fact” that it was a tomb while the fundamental axioms are groundless and can easily proven to be just that.

-MM

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What then, are YOUR truths, and why are they more valid than what decades of research at the Pyramids themselves have shown?

I absolutely love it when people poo-poo all over education and history and give no valid recourse as to what alternative there is, so let's hear yours.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What then, are YOUR truths, and why are they more valid than what decades of research at the Pyramids themselves have shown?

I absolutely love it when people poo-poo all over education and history and give no valid recourse as to what alternative there is, so let's hear yours.

I don't proclaim any new facts to you but only to challenge the existing - sometimes ones purpose is to destroy what exists and not to create – but then again one must destroy to make space for new ideas. My wish is for you to think for yourself, research long standing "facts", and ask what if. What if I am right? Could you take it?

-MM

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

To be fair, the belief that the great pyramid belonged to Khufu is "based on a mark in an interior chamber naming a work gang and a reference to Pharaoh Khufu..." Despite all that I'm pretty positive nobody is claiming Khufu built it, but rather it was built for him. But I guess since we don't have a "pics or it didn't happen" type thing of somebody making the mark, it's up for debate.

And pretty much every text I've ever read about ancient Egypt contains neat phrases like "it is thought" and "it is believed" and "estimated."

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

What if literally hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions, all got together to not only change historical fact but then create the supporting elements of said historical change and then perpetuate it?

Seems likely.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

To be fair, the belief that the great pyramid belonged to Khufu is "based on a mark in an interior chamber naming a work gang and a reference to Pharaoh Khufu..." Despite all that I'm pretty positive nobody is claiming Khufu built it, but rather it was built for him. But I guess since we don't have a "pics or it didn't happen" type thing of somebody making the mark, it's up for debate.

And pretty much every text I've ever read about ancient Egypt contains neat phrases like "it is thought" and "it is believed" and "estimated."

The greatest building of the world stands for 5,000 years without anyone writing down who built it, then Howard Vyse (which even before opening the pyramid had theorized that Khufu built it) conveniently finds a tiny mark that says "Khufu" in a room above the main chamber where no one would see him if he would have made the mark himself - all very convenient for him. Is it not strange that no one for 5,000 years did not know who the builder was of the greatest standing building in the world and then someone just happened to get it right before even opening the tomb? I don't buy it.

-MM

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I don't proclaim any new facts to you but only to challenge the existing - sometimes ones purpose is to destroy what exists and not to create – but then again one must destroy to make space for new ideas. My wish is for you to think for yourself, research long standing "facts", and ask what if. What if I am right? Could you take it?

-MM
I already think well enough for myself not to have my world views challenged simply by someone showing up and telling me to ask "what if". I ask that question every single day. You are coming here, telling me that all of recorded history is incorrect, without so much as a shred of evidence to your argument beyond "there are gaps in what we know", which will ALWAYS be true.

Yeah, we don't everything about our history. Convenient things like printing presses didn't exist until a few centuries ago, so books were written primarily by Monks, and GASP! Jesuits, who spent most of their life studying scripture. History wasn't written by the servant of feudal society. It wasn't written by the slave in the fields. It wasn't written by the soldier on the battlefield.

And because of that, we only have:

1) Archaeological evidence
2) Written Texts
3) Geological Data and Samples

OUR time in history is being written by the leyman. It's being written by the common citizen. OUR time in history will be clear and well preserved, unless some global catastrophe occurs. But the common man back then did not have what we have now to preserve our lives unto eternity. Yes, there are gaps in our understanding. What that the big message you wanted to bring here? It's not exactly groundbreaking, if so.

Think for yourselves? That has been the rallying cry of Scholars and Intellectuals throughout history.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Then don't buy it. What about Herodotus? Or are his writings more fantasy? He thought they belonged to Khufu. Though his information was third-hand stories.

I don't disagree that the elements of proof that it's Khufu's tomb is circumstantial at best. Don't disagree at all. What I do disagree with is your assertion that it's taught as "cold hard fact, no debate allowed." And that is, to be blunt, utter crap. The debate goes on to this very day. The findings are couched in qualified statements like "believed to be." And you're ignoring that, and it appears that it's intentional.

So, at the end of the day, it appears that you're railing against something that isn't actually happening. Even my 1st grader's books about ancient Egypt includes the "thought to be" terminology.

As for the what if? Well, show me how millions of people can pull this off and then maybe we can talk about it. "The best way to keep a secret is to tell no one. The second best is to tell one person. There is no third option." And that's why the idea that thousands or millions of people have pulled this off is, frankly, preposterous.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join