It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British police calling for knife ban

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
If only we could aspire to American public killing sprees. I mean schools, a cinema... a church? You really should be proud Of your ability to kill innocent people in cold blood

Yeah you highly regulated guns after your masacres but your homicide rate never went down. So you got fooled. Now england is the stabbing capital of the world.

Too bad anyone with a grinder and a piece of metal will be able to make a knife even if you banned them.

Funny how the hard work is never suggested. Job training, education reform, social work and political social leadership. Its way easier to ban an object that has no effect on homicides at all anywhere in the world. Its about poverty, black markets, and social fabric decay but you cant make a i sentence slogan out of any of those things.

Really?

The latest crime figures for England and Wales confirm the drop in the murder rate is continuing. In the financial year 2011/12 there were 550 homicides initially recorded by police, compared to 638 in 2010/11. (Homicide being murder, manslaughter and infanticide)

www.blog.murdermap.co.uk...

Check the second graph. Murders are down 60% since 2001.

Wrong wrong wrong.

Look into the real murder rate numbers, not the officially posted nonsense. The UK only records a death as a "homicide" if/when a conviction is reached.

Um, isn't that the point of a trial? To determine if one is guilty of a murder? If not convicted no murder happened. You're reaching dude.

Reaching?

Tell me, if a murder is unsolved, does that make the victim somehow less dead?

If a body shows up that's been stabbed, beaten, strangled, poisoned, or shot, and no killer is found... does that body not exist as an example of a murder?

Do some actual research before posting nonsense and accusing me of reaching... dude.

I don't think those 45 cases since 1997 will slant the numbers much:

en.wikipedia.org...

Again, do more research instead of posting incorrect stats.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

WOW! You really have something against the UK, eh? The more of your posts I read, the more I think someone is in dire need of a time out.

Seriously though, what's the point in taking part in a conversation if all you do is keep telling people that they're wrong and then have no interest or ability to listen to what people who actually live in the UK are saying. Why waste your time? Why waste our time? Maybe if you type your reply slowly, this stupid Brit will understand your constantly negative point of view.

Rev

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
rboatright.blogspot.com...

It seems the UK only lists murders after a conviction. So while some "dude" may have killed 50 folks with a spoon, but hasn't gone to trial, those 50 deaths will not be counted as "homicide".

How interesting.
edit on 22-6-2015 by network dude because: bad spler

link   

If only we could aspire to American public killing sprees. I mean schools, a cinema... a church? You really should be proud Of your ability to kill innocent people in cold blood

Yeah you highly regulated guns after your masacres but your homicide rate never went down. So you got fooled. Now england is the stabbing capital of the world.

Too bad anyone with a grinder and a piece of metal will be able to make a knife even if you banned them.

Funny how the hard work is never suggested. Job training, education reform, social work and political social leadership. Its way easier to ban an object that has no effect on homicides at all anywhere in the world. Its about poverty, black markets, and social fabric decay but you cant make a i sentence slogan out of any of those things.

Really?

The latest crime figures for England and Wales confirm the drop in the murder rate is continuing. In the financial year 2011/12 there were 550 homicides initially recorded by police, compared to 638 in 2010/11. (Homicide being murder, manslaughter and infanticide)

Wrong wrong wrong.

Look into the real murder rate numbers, not the officially posted nonsense. The UK only records a death as a "homicide" if/when a conviction is reached.

Um, isn't that the point of a trial? To determine if one is guilty of a murder? If not convicted no murder happened. You're reaching dude.

Reaching?

If a body shows up that's been stabbed, beaten, strangled, poisoned, or shot, and no killer is found... does that body not exist as an example of a murder?

Do some actual research before posting nonsense and accusing me of reaching... dude.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry. I'll go with facts. Not some inane opinion.

link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Stop buying into the official stats. When the real numbers are taken into account, the murder rate in the UK is closer to 2.5 times that of the US.
The UK government manipulates the numbers to placate their citizenry.

Oh, give it a rest. You are in denial.

I'm not the one who buys everything my government feeds me hook, line, and sinker.

link   

Really?

Wrong wrong wrong.

Reaching?

en.wikipedia.org...

Did you read the headline of your wikipage?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Really?

Wrong wrong wrong.

Reaching?

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry. I'll go with facts. Not some inane opinion.

But you're too lazy to find the real facts so you accept the first bit of info that pops up on Google. Way to deny ignorance, there... dude.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Really?

Wrong wrong wrong.

Reaching?

en.wikipedia.org...

Yup. List of unsolved murders in the UK. The other esteemed member said that those stats would affect the number of murders. I show that there was only 47 such incidents in the last 18 years.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Careful, using logic may cause offence...

Rev

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

How about State mandated STRAIGHT JACKETS that MAY be released when eating or for neccessary medical or personal reasons. AS mandated by the local law eforcement on hand.

Sounds like a Monty Python skit to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Really?

Wrong wrong wrong.

Reaching?

en.wikipedia.org...

Yup. List of unsolved murders in the UK. The other esteemed member said that those stats would affect the number of murders. I show that there was only 47 such incidents in the last 18 years.

If you were honest you would first off say the headline is an incomplete list of unsolved murders.
You would also mention the way homicides were classified was changed about a decade ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo

WOW! You really have something against the UK, eh? The more of your posts I read, the more I think someone is in dire need of a time out.

Seriously though, what's the point in taking part in a conversation if all you do is keep telling people that they're wrong and then have no interest or ability to listen to what people who actually live in the UK are saying. Why waste your time? Why waste our time? Maybe if you type your reply slowly, this stupid Brit will understand your constantly negative point of view.

Rev

I have not posted any personal attacks so your "time out" comment is hogwash.

What I have a problem with are the UK members attacking gun ownership in the US as though it's any of their business.

I also have a problem with the UK members going on and on about "gun violence" when their own country has astronomical violent crime and murder rates.

I have a problem with the UK members using their country as an example of gun bans working when the exact opposite is true.

I have a problem with the UK members attacking a culture about which they know absolutely nothing... a culture that they've only learned about from their massively biased government and Hollywood movies.

The majority of the UK members LOVE to offer their incorrect opinions in every single thread related to guns and they are directly attacking my lifestyle by doing so. If this was a religious issue, or a sexual preference issue, or a racial issue, the moderators of ATS would not allow it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Really?

Wrong wrong wrong.

Reaching?

en.wikipedia.org...

If you were honest you would first off say the headline is an incomplete list of unsolved murders.
You would also mention the way homicides were classified was changed about a decade ago.

If you read further you would be intelligent enough to see that the homicides not included were those in North Ireland due to struggles with the IRA.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

People are murdered in the UK in cold blood constantly. Just because a gun isn't typically used doesn't make them any less dead. Do some checking into your country's murder rates.

UK's murder rate is about 1.03 per 100,000 people, where as the US murder rate is about 5.1 per 100,000 people.

UK vs US murder rate

Also, as far as I can tell way more people get fatally stabbed in the US than the UK, I'd like to see the statistics people are reading that claim any different?

It's a cute little poke you guys are having at the pomme's, but none of your claims are based in reality.
edit on 22-6-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This guy explains what Answer is talking about pretty well. It is a long read, but is dead on about the crime and conviction. It cites a very specific case where there was one guy, Dr Harold Shipman, that was reportedly responsible for 215+ deaths on his own. They were not attributed to him until he went on trial and was convicted, and even then, only 15 were added because of his deal with the court and plea. When the criminal is convicted is when the count is added, and it is ONLY added if they are convicted for each one....essentially the other 200+ murders by him were not added to the count for the year he was convicted and since he committed suicide he could not have the others accounted for and they were not added to the murder rate.

Here is the article.

Source

It contains plenty of links so please check them all out....

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Really?

Wrong wrong wrong.

Reaching?

en.wikipedia.org...

If you read further you would be intelligent enough to see that the homicides not included were those in North Ireland due to struggles with the IRA.

Nice try but thats not what it says.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo

Rev

I have not posted any personal attacks so your "time out" comment is hogwash.

What I have a problem with are the UK members attacking gun ownership in the US as though it's any of their business.

Check again dude. It was a countryman of yours that started this mocking the Brits.

I have a problem with the UK members attacking a culture about which they know absolutely nothing... a culture that they've only learned about from their massively biased government and Hollywood movies.

Hahahahaha.... karma can be a bitch huh?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Behave, you even had a go at me with silly attempts to twist my words and I had said nothing about the US or guns.
Face it, you have problems with anything British as far as I see it.
Why so bitter?

link   
I'm not sure why some Americans on here keep posting these types of threads? We understand your love of guns. Most of us stay out of your own threads about these gun massacres, because we know our opinion is generally unwelcome, but you guys started this one poking fun at Brits. I don't really care. I'm just glad we don't keep guns because we are scared of our own shadows or of the paranoid belief our government rounding us up to put us in fema camps/Walmart's. We don't live our lives in constant fear like you guys do. Not once in my life have I ever felt the need to use lethal force or been scared of the government or police

link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

People are murdered in the UK in cold blood constantly. Just because a gun isn't typically used doesn't make them any less dead. Do some checking into your country's murder rates.

UK's murder rate is about 1.03 per 100,000 people, where as the US murder rate is about 5.1 per 100,000 people.

UK vs US murder rate

Also, as far as I can tell way more people get fatally stabbed in the US than the UK, I'd like to see the statistics people are reading that claim any different?

It's a cute little poke you guys are having at the pomme's, but none of your claims are based in reality.

It simply isn't true what you are saying. Answer is completely correct in how they account for murders there.....read the link I posted above this one. It explains it all as well as giving a very specific example of how it works there.

The murder/homicide rate in the UK is MUCH higher than reported.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join