It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE-UPDATE- NSA Technical Journal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well here's my Story

I was Recently , Playing around with Ebay

and found this .. ( The link Below, It may not be there anymore if this is sold )

NSA Technical Journal Lot 3 Extraterrestrial Intelligence Communication SETI UFO
www.ebay.com... 2c9c0e447e

Three rare Technical Journals published by the NSA during the 60s to "foster the exchange of ideas and create an 'intellectual community' within the Agency". Includes the very rare Oct 1966 issue that discusses extraterrestrial communication and laid the foundation for SETI. See cover photos for other topics. February 1965 October 1966 September 1969 NSA practices deciphering ET signals

This Has been Debated on the ATS Website for a While Now on Many Threads ...

Some Threads did go very far and some have had high Flags ( ratings ) yet they were thrown in the Hoax Bin

Even I had some discussion's about this NSA Tech Journal and a connection with Carl Sagon involving the SETI Program

seeing there too many Threads to link here, So if interested ...

Just go into the ATS Search Engine :

and Type ::: NSA Technical Journal

to find them ..

Yet I haven't Seen the Actual Journal's of what they look like until NOW ...

Its Pretty interesting to say the Least , Even tho this was a WHAT IF Practice Run for NSA Employees

for ET signal communication..

But the Question is What gives ? and WHY.. ? for this Practice Run .. in the First Place
Unless cracking a Signal code and Not wanting to Point Some Country try out as a Scape Goat of some Kind
sound more Plausible .. Blame it on the ET's lol...

This I'm assuming was Made around 1969

Here are those Photos of the 3 Tech Journals from the NSA for NSA Employees

I'm posting 6 Photos

The 3 NSA Technical Journals

The RED NSA Tech Journal that has the ET Intelligence and ET Communication

The Front Pages

The Other Two Books

The Ebay Seller is Selling them for 149.00 as of the date of this Thread

Time left: 17d 17h 7/7, 11:19AM

So this may not be here after that date and the link would be lost and erased .. So Hurry to check it Out !

So I figure this Would be interesting for the Members here on ATS

As I heard about this Journal .. in 2011 and check it out and found
only, in a Grainy Black and white mono microfilm conversion PDF Format and just the section and not the whole booklet ...

Here it is, the PDF from CUFO
www.cufon.org/pdf/4_NSA_Tech_Journal_Articles.pdf

Apology to the Misspelling of words or missing letter S I tend to do that purposely..

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here is what the Seller Posted !

not sure if the ATS Policy Would agree ..

but the Purpose i'm putting the whole Wording on here

as Ebay's Policy is that when Items are Sold or Not Sold the Tend to Erase the Page section over time..

or I would of just Linked it .. So Mods hopefully you could keep this here ... for an exception to that rule..

NSA practices deciphering ET signals (Source: (nolink)) On April 21, 2011 the National Security Agency posted documents from their Technical Journal which had some interesting articles about extraterrestrials. Some have assumed that these documents were pertaining to messages received from extraterrestrials, an easy mistake to make with article titles such as “Key to the Extraterrestrial Messages.” These documents are actually related to exercises for practicing deciphering coded messages that extraterrestrials may send us in the future. However, there is still a story here, because these exercises were started by a prominent NSA cryptologist who believed more attention needed to be given to the investigation of UFOs and the possibility that we may be contacted soon. The cryptologist was Lambros D. Callimahos, his biography can be read in the NSA’s Hall of Honor, which he was inducted to in 2003. They state that Callimahos, “played a crucial role in shaping cryptologic development at NSA.” He had developed a special class, designated CA-400, for elite cryptanalysts, if they passed they would become members of what was labeled the Dundee Society. The group’s real purpose was so secret that it was named after an empty Dundee marmalade jar he kept his pens in on his desk. The recent NSA Technical Journal articles were actually obtained by UFO researchers in 2004, through freedom of information act requests. I first became aware of them watching a lecture by John Schuessler, one of the original recipients. In the winter of 1966 issue of the journal, Callimahos wrote an article titled, “Communication with Extraterrestrial Intelligence.” This was the dawn of what would later become the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI), and Callimahos discussed the work of Dr. Frank Drake, who had shown that the possibility of life in space was actually very large. Callimahos went so far as to state, “Unless we’re terribly conceited (a very unscientific demeanor), we must assume that the ‘others’ are far more advanced than we are.” As a cryptologist, his interest was in the NSA’s ability to decipher any signals we might receive, and in his article he stated that, “once we receive a recognizable signal, we have a good chance of understanding the message.” He then goes into technical cryptological terms and discusses the different types of technology that they may be using to send signals, many of which we have not mastered. In the last portion of the article he gives an example, a hypothetical extraterrestrial message based on the raster principle created by Bernard M. Oliver. He discusses how to decipher the example given by Oliver, and cites other similar exercises on deciphering hypothetical extraterrestrial messages. In the next NSA Technical Journal, spring 1966, a follow up article was written by Dr. Howard H. Campaigne, titled, “Extraterrestrial Intelligence”. It begins: “In the most recent issue of the NSA Technical Journal- Vol. XI, No. 1 Mr.Lambros D. Callimahos discussed certain aspects of extraterrestrial intelligence and included several messages to test the reader’s ingenuity. In the following pages, Dr. H. H. Campaigne offers additional communications from outer space.” The “messages”, we now know, were the hypothetical extraterrestrial messages. The article then goes on to describe the extraterrestrial message that, in the context of the Callimahos article, we know to be further hypothetical messages to test “the reader’s ingenuity.” Unfortunately, they do not appear to be referring to real messages received by extraterrestrials. To add further confusion, in the winter of 1969 NSA Technical Journal, an article titled, “Key to Extraterrestrial Messages” was published. This referred to the test message that Dr. Campaigne had proposed in his article, and was just that, a key to the exercise. Although these messages do not appear to be real extraterrestrial messages, Callimahos did have a strong interest in the subject. A declassified secret document can be found on the NSA website titled, UFO Hypothesis and Survival Questions. This was a paper written by Callimahos in which he argues that the UFO phenomenon and possible extraterrestrial interaction should be taken much more seriously. He reviews how there are credible witnesses whose experiences cannot be written off. Callimahos states: Up until this time, the leisurely scientific approach has too often taken precedence in dealing with UFO questions. If you were walking along a forest path and someone yells, “rattler” your reaction would be immediate and defensive. You would not take the time to speculate before you act. You would have to treat the alarm as if it were a real and immediate threat to your survival. Investigation would become an intensive emergency action to isolate the threat and to determine its precise nature – It would be geared to developing adequate defensive measures in a minimum amount of time. While these documents may not be the smoking gun to show the NSA had extraterrestrial secrets that they are now revealing, it does demonstrate the excitement among their cryptologists at the genesis of the effort to listen to extraterrestrial signals. It is an interesting behind the scenes view to the momentum that grew into the SETI project, especially at a time when funding hampers SETI’s ability to listen in on our comic neighbors.

www.ebay.com... 2c9c0e447e

edit on 52015FridayfAmerica/Chicago6169 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Awesome… "This is only a test" is quite plain. To decipher code and discover peoples ingenuity visa vi their code breaking abilities.

Further: Alien messages to us will probably not be in code. Why would they encrypt that? How would we decipher their messages? We can't even tune their frequency.

Because CETIs broadband is devoid of traffic.
edit on 19-6-2015 by intrptr because: FurHter:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Further: Alien messages to us will probably not be in code. Why would they encrypt that? How would we decipher their messages? We can't even tune their frequency.

Translating an unknown language is similar to deciphering a code. Codebreakers try to find patterns in "words" and in characters. figuring out the frequency of word use and character use is the foundation from which one can slowly build some understanding of a code -- and of an unknown language.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Excellent post sir.

I have no idea if these are real, I have never heard of the NSA being involved with UFOs historically, in fact the NSA ...yeah anyway.
Thanks man for the heads up. They are damn expensive too .
I wonder if Isaac Koi would be interested?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
After a bit of googling an such!!!

You can get this.

NSA tech journal

At least we don't have to pay 150 euros though, right?
edit on 19-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: addittion

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Awesome… "This is only a test" is quite plain. To decipher code and discover peoples ingenuity visa vi their code breaking abilities.

Because CETIs broadband is devoid of traffic.

So True

The N.S.A. had ET's in Mind , for the Reason "NOT" to interfere nor use use another Country for Reference as an Enemy or Spying on for a Blame ..

During a Cold War ... I think it the Most Logic Reason and Still the Alien & UFO craze from the 1950s and 60s was still High ..

And you right ... for a Radio Frequency for an Alien aka ET, may be unlikely ..

their communication may be way something else we on earth have not grasped as of yet .. that is, if they do exist and are here observing this planet we call Earth ... from either a dimension or from a distant solar system ..

If the Actually exist ..

All We Know ( Public Civilians ) is that these Object's did exist in the late 40s , 50s 60s 70s

It all in the Question if they are Earthen Man Made , or E.T. Made

More Likely the Former .. ( Man Made ) as most would want too Believe..

It Just a Guess as to Why NSA, Would have a Practice Run Testing pretending to Decipher a Code from Alien Communication contact breaking its code ..

But I know another is the RAND Corporation. A contractor .. that was at the Start of planning researching of Building a Space Craft for NASA .. more Less had their hand into the Projects of the Space program

That published.... a Rough Draft that supposedly didn't go anywhere.. Document of UFOS and it craze heyday
in November 1968 a year Before the NSA Technical Journal of ET Communication and Intelligence aka Alien code deciphering . which was published in 1969 ??

Rand Corporation : UFOS what to DO ? by George Kocher
www.rand.org...

Sightings of unidentified foreign objects (UFOs) have been reported throughout the centuries—most of them given a religious interpretation. Since World War II, however, there seems to have been a drastic increase in the number of sightings. We have enough data—both visual and photographic—on some of these sightings to know that the phenomenon is unambiguously extraordinary and clearly inexplicable in modern terms. The author examines UFO brightness, size, and maneuvers, and discusses the frequency and location of sightings. He ends by suggesting the need for more standardized reporting on UFOs, so that times and locations of appearances may be anticipated and badly needed objective data may be obtained.

The PDF
www.rand.org...

So... as it Look's NSA and Contractors for the Government of America

Took Advantage of that UFO Craze .. or there is something more to it ?

Still its Interesting to know that.. The NSA ... a Spying & Security protection Agency for America to have used ET's, for Decoding /Deciphering a Communication (Code Breaking) in Tech.. Journal Handbook' they made..

This is the First time I have Actually saw these Journals to exist ..

Ironically it came from a Auction Selling Internet Company from some individual Selling them for 149.99

Probably they had a family member or Friend, that was in The N.S.A. in the 60s
and got in some Possession of inheritance or were giving them to him or her .. ?

but there they are ! ...

It not... something you just have laying around your Household... I wouldn't think..

and I would assume these are extremely rare ... to have ! a Complete NSA Technical Journal
and as it Looks Near Mint Condition too.. at that..

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What, no thanks for the link?

You guys suck

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
After a bit of googling an such!!!

You can get this.

NSA tech journal

At least we don't have to pay 150 euros though, right?

Right i have this exact same copy ...

but those Journals are Complete ! and pristine condition .. as that PDF looks like
a Grain Microfilm Copy of just the Subject ..

but not bad for something so rare ( I assume ) and Not for Civilian Public Use..

they look like they were ...IN... something sealed air tight ( like a suitcase, safe etc.. ) and never used..

But as of Now

if you Google Search:: NSA Technical Journal

and go to Image

you only see is what I posted on this Thread.. ( So far )

that tells me there isn't really an Photo of what they looked like in the past, these NSA Tech Journals

well according to Google that is .. there may be a Photo out there on some site... but i have came across of them yet ...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
What, no thanks for the link?

You guys suck

Thank you much for Posting the link ..

I appreciate it

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

You are welcome sir. And I still appreciate your post.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If anyone hasnt Read this

seeing its pretty clear to Read (CETI)

I find it Incredible for NSA to discuss this ...

and its very Interesting the Bottom Paragraph too .. of this Page 107
of the Same Journal...

Like it when NSA called Aliens ET's Advanced Sentient Possible beings ? "OTHERS"

The Article is claimed to be from a Conference of Military Electronics Meeting in Sept 28th in 1965
Held in Washington D.C. with Names of Astrologers and the Author is a Cryptologist and a Air force officer of scientific research ...

Just Saying::

I would assume these Name's would of been block out from the Freedom of information act ...
or maybe not ...

well time for some research of those Names

Communication with extraterrestrial intelligence
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well this is interesting i found this!

www.nsa.gov...

but its different from the NSA Journal I have Posted here !

and this Folks! is from NSA itself! so A Big WTF!

So look at this PDF then Look at the Picture of an "Actual" NSA Tech Journal that has the Extraterrestrial Intelligence Article and read it ?

Something is way different

Unless if a different Article all together...

One says a Military Electronics Conference in Washington D.C. in 1965

and the other say's

A Cosmo Club Lecture in Washington of this Year ?

But both article's are the same until the next page is even weirder ?

Also to Note the Military Electronics Conference reference is Completely GONE!!!! including the Names of the Astrologers and other Personal ...

does anyone find this fishy as i DO ?

I recommend you downloading the Pdf ! Communication with Extraterrestrial Intelligence from NSA too!
to Compare to that Photo I posted on this Thread

Communication with extraterrestrial intelligence ( from NSA Website )
www.nsa.gov...

The NSA Technical Journal Booklet
READ Last Paragraph.. It doesnt Show in The NSA Website Version ..

well Here it is
that 1965 Conference of Military Electronics in Washington DC

IEEE
Conference
on
Military Electronics
(MIL-E-CON9)
September
22-24,
Washington

Hilton Hotel
Washington,D.C.

(Abstracts due-closed,deadline for papers-July 15)
tL. H.King, Jansky and Bailey Div., Atlantic Res.
Corp., Shirley Highway at Edsall Rd.,Alexandria,Va
ieeexplore.ieee.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Here you go mate, this is the NSA key to ET messages. It is a pdf as well.

You should definitely check out the ufo forums here, go back to the old days. Lots of stuff.

They are all from the same thing though.

NSA key to ET messages

Here is the search string

NSA ufo search

edit on 19-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Maybe the old search name of uncorrelated aerial/radar/witness reports would result in better hits. Who knows, I don't have the time anymore.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hopefully Somebody will take notice of this Thread

and do some research about this NSA Tech Journal with the ET Intelligence and communication articles more Deep then I can.. to see what the Hell is going on ! of why the Change from Military Electronics Conference in 1965 in Washington DC and you have The NSA on their Website saying something Completely Different where the Source was First talked about .. a So called Panel Discussion and NOW The NSA , on their very OWN website is Saying its from a Cosmo Club Lecture in Washington DC ??

I think this Should be Presented on the Next Level Bull# !
(NLB)

HHHMMMM ??

Need Help!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Like I mentioned earlier, the member called Isaac Koi would be the person to approach about this in my opinion.

Here is his profile, I hope this isn't against the t+c's

IsaacKoi

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I heard long time ago that NSA is knee deep in investigation of extraterrestrials

With radars in Turkey tracking UFOs back in the day, radars under NSA control.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling

I heard long time ago that NSA is knee deep in investigation of extraterrestrials

With radars in Turkey tracking UFOs back in the day, radars under NSA control.

Yup During the Cold War ...

with NATO'S hand with it

Not sure about them Tracking UFOS .. tho..

Could be plausible ..

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: soylent green is people

figuring out the frequency of word use and character use is the foundation from which one can slowly build some understanding of a code -- and of an unknown language.

When I visit a foreign country I don't speak english at the natives, I get a translator, intepreter, or I point…

Aliens aren't going to speak their language at us, 'seeing if we know it'. They surely aren't going to encrypt their native language, either.

ETA: From the manual…

If another civilization were trying to establish communication with us, it would first embark on attention getting signals of such a nature that we could distinguish them from random cosmic noise; once we receive a recognizable signal we have a good change of understanding the message.

(read that, not encoded) Coding or decoding is for spying on other countries.
edit on 20-6-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join