It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: Teen Boy Shot and Killed by Cop for Flashing Headlights and Flexing Rights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wow , this is getting so ridiculous I am literally afraid of having to deal with police. A 17 year old kid flashed his headlight at an officer to let him know his brights were on and it was blinding oncoming traffic.

So the cop pulls him over drags him out of his car, orders him to the ground ,and as this 17 year old kid is CLEARLY laying on the ground the DOUCHEBAG cop jumps on him and tases him

Then of course miraculously the cops body camera gets shut off and this 17 year old kid gets shot 7 effing times for flashing his headlights.

The cop said the kid (who was laying on the ground being tased when the cameras go off ) tried to attack him so he had to shoot him 7 times..

Guess what? This cop is not going to face any charges. This could have been anyone of our children 17 F#$#$#$#$ years old

After the announcement that officer Frost would not be charged, the Guilford family released the following statement:

“There was no reason or necessity for the officer to physically remove our son from the car without considering other options to avoid an unnecessary violent escalation. It must be also noted that Deven was not in possession (of) any weapon and emphatically told the officer that he was not armed. We also have serious concerns about whether the officer used unreasonable force against Deven under the circumstances.”

Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

link
edit on 17-6-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Linking post of original story, for those who thought this was a HOAX, it is not.
edit on 6/18/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

LEOs, their unions and DA's are clearly not going to prosecute these murderers.

If you are holding back on doing something or speaking out, be assured this evil will eventually get to you.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

He did not deserve to be shot and killed! Period.

With that being said, he was asking for problems.

When he was pulled over, he showed how he is a victim of social engineering when the police officer said "I did not have my high beems on." What did the dude do? Argue with him!

Wouldn't it have been just as easy to say, "Wow! I'm sorry officer. I could have sworn your high beems were on so I was just flashing you to let you know. Sorry." End of story!

It just gets worse from there as this young kid did nothing more than dig his own grave!

Hate on the cops all you want, but when they pull you over? Don't be an idiot.

To refresh your memory? I already said, he didn't deserve to be shot and killed!

+63 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Nope, Nope, Nope, the cop knows why he is flashing is high beams at him. If it was just his headlights then he knows they are that bright and has surely been flashed countless times.

There was absolutely no reason to even pull him over. much less taze him then turn off his body cam and murder him.

Why cant the cop just say yeah my headlights are really bright, sorry about that sir and have a nice day..

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

This is new... middle class white kid killed for absolutely nothing.

My thoughts are with the family. I can't imagine what he could have done in those few seconds to warrant being shot. I'm sure a tased kid, who doesn't seem to be under the influence of anything, suddenly attacked the officer.

The kid was still a jerk, and was asking for trouble. Not being an apologetic, but don't be a moron.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Osiris1953

Well this thread should be interesting. I am curious to see what the same people who demonize black victims of LEO violence will say about this one.

+45 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Are not all 17 year old kids morons? Or at least 95%? Being a jerk or a moron is not illegal and it certainly doesn't warrant the death penalty..

The cop escalated this when the dam kid was laying on the ground doing exactly what the officer told him and he just jumped on him and started tazing him.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

We shall see.

There is a problem in this country. Sometimes officers do have to make a decision in a split second because a situation can go from bad to deadly in a fraction of a second for every party involved. I get it, but it's out of control, I'm not saying a civil war is around the corner, but if the country gets polarized enough that it could happen... I wouldn't be surprised if it starts with regular citizens versus the police.

+43 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo The cop said the kid (who was laying on the ground being tased when the cameras go off ) tried to attack him

and i say the cop is lying through his teeth.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I can't for the life of me understand how a kid who just got tazed twice and is in handcuff was such a threat to necessitate shooting him 7 times. Cop couldn't have popped in a second cartridge while backing up and tazed the kid again? Or just used the tazer as a cattle prod. Don't see why terminal force ewas required. So to me it seems like the cop ultimately screwed up and used bad judgement unless the the circumstances show that the kid somehow got up, handcuffs weren't on him and he was armed. I doubt that was the case. Or that the kid represented a lethal threat to the officer. maybe a ripped uniform from a scuffle type of threat but not a l eathal threat. Hes an in unarmed teenager not a fer de lance pit viper.

Now all that being said all the kid had to do was go really? Those werent your brights my bad, sorry sir. And give him some id. The cop had every right to ask for his DL and registration the kid was operating a vehicle. He needed to comply with the officer there. So I find no fault in the actual traffic stop, request for ID and the pulling out of the car. The kid dug much of his own hole in this case. The kid clearly was slightly detached from reality and was slightly pompous refusing to Kay on the ground and put down his cell phone. His cell phone can keep recording while laying off to the side. He didn't need to finish recording a websisode blog about how he's being pulled over. He was paying more attention to his phone than the officer at that point. Clearly slightly pathological. Kid came off as a spoiled brat in that regard.

Still can't picture the kid being a threat nearly dangerous enough to warrant shooting 7 times. To me that sounds like a combination of the cop screwing up at the very end and poor training where they tell you to loosexall disciplin and dump the entire magazine into the target as if the target was some roided out 300 pound Pcp juggernaut that only 7 rounds of hornady hollowpoint tap rounds with +P to the chest would stop. That's bad training at work in my opinion.
edit on 17-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a few things first of all.

First thing. The teen asked to be provided with the officers badge number, I'm not sure about what state this is from, but here in Ohio, they have to provide it to you if you ask for it.

Second thing. The Officer asked to see the teens ID, Insurance and registration. You must provide that to an officer if you are asked, without question you absolutely must, period. Some will argue that since the officer did not provide the teen with his badge number, he didn't have to provide him with the information he was asking for. That's something to be decided in court.

Third thing. In order for this to be decided in court, you still have to comply with the officers demands, such as. If he asks you to get out of the car, you get out of the car. By not getting out of the car and completely disobeying the officers demands you are escalating the situation and making it far worse then it needs to be. Which will be reflected negatively upon you if such a thing goes to court and very likely hurt the very point you were trying to make in the first place.

Finally. all that being said, should the teen have been tased? tased yes i would have, he was unruly and not doing a damn thing the officer said and made the situation much worse then it needed to be. This could of went much smoother and the teen could have still made an excellent point in court and probably won had be just did what the officer said and got out of the damn car and put his hands at his sides. he could have set the phone down and still had it record. The officers body cam would have showed that the kid was using his phone to record so if it was deleted blah blah blah you get the idea. Did the kid deserve to be shot and killed? Oh hell no, not for that, tased yes but not shot and killed.
edit on 17-6-2015 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Just curious if they will go to the same lengths for this kid, such as looking into his past, using social media etc..in order to demonize him or will they leave it alone since the victim is white?

I mean it is still tragic, but I get tired of the selective outrage about LEO violence.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Good point, he was a pretty typical 17 year old. Hadn't really thought of it that way.

My critique of the teen's behavior does not condone the actions of the officer. Don't mistake my sentiments please.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I didint say anything when they came for the commies, you guys all know the rest, another killer free to keep on bullying and killing.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland That's something to be decided in court.

really? seems to me cops don't need to bother with such trifles. they can go from incident to execution right there and then. and get away with it. for now.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

Showing a little "respect" goes a long damn way. I find it odd that in this day of social conditioning that those who are demanding "respect" are also the same group who who pick and choose who gets it?

I'm 52 years old and ANY time I get involved with a LEO in an "official" manner? I give them respect as I always have! It has ALWAYS meant I got to go home versus spending some time in a jail cell or DEAD!

Life is about choices?

+51 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963 I give them respect as I always have! It has ALWAYS meant I got to go home versus spending some time in a jail cell or DEAD!

that isn't respect, it's fear.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
a reply to: seeker1963

Nope, Nope, Nope, the cop knows why he is flashing is high beams at him. If it was just his headlights then he knows they are that bright and has surely been flashed countless times.

There was absolutely no reason to even pull him over. much less taze him then turn off his body cam and murder him.

Why cant the cop just say yeah my headlights are really bright, sorry about that sir and have a nice day..

Because a "normal person" can't be right and the cop be wrong....JUST CAN'T BE!!! Cops have all the power and until something is done to these murdering bastards, this mindset will never change! Oh, this just digs deep under my skin....I want this cop thrown in jail and introduced to some of the people he put in there for no reason, because I can just about guarantee there is at least 1 prisoner in there that he put in there for no reason....This cop just has that personality about him! Something needs to change, and FAST!! I hate this crap...

People can blame the kid for arguing all they want, but at the end of the day this kid did NOTHING wrong and even more NOTHING wrong to deserve to get shot, 7 times with a gun OR a taser...NEITHER!!!

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Being an insolent loudmouth is not a death sentence offense... at least it wasn't for white folks, anyway... until now.

Perhaps some smug suburban citizens will realize that NOBODY is safe in this country... some cops are far worse than the criminals they're supposed to protect us from.

This is NOT policing... this is torture and murder.

(post by Chrisfishenstein removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join