It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: Teen Boy Shot and Killed by Cop for Flashing Headlights and Flexing Rights

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: alienjuggalo

He did not deserve to be shot and killed! Period.

With that being said, he was asking for problems.

When he was pulled over, he showed how he is a victim of social engineering when the police officer said "I did not have my high beems on." What did the dude do? Argue with him!

Wouldn't it have been just as easy to say, "Wow! I'm sorry officer. I could have sworn your high beems were on so I was just flashing you to let you know. Sorry." End of story!

It just gets worse from there as this young kid did nothing more than dig his own grave!

Hate on the cops all you want, but when they pull you over? Don't be an idiot.

To refresh your memory? I already said, he didn't deserve to be shot and killed!

But why did the officer not come out with the dodgy story about the too bright dipped lights in the first instance? He even says, (eventually) he'd been flashed at before, and that his dips are brighter than most cars WTF?. That policeman is a bully creep, he knew that he was going to get flashed at anytime, therefore he new why the kid was flashing his lights, and should have let it go..or took the fecking police car back in.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: roaland

Third thing. In order for this to be decided in court, you still have to comply with the officers demands, such as. If he asks you to get out of the car,

Oh yes but he did not prove he was an officer and if you get out of the car and he is not then what? they said we should ask for ID after the many fake cop rapes and abductions on the highway. He is a kid alone at night, should he get out? NO.

again, read my post i fully explain this. But let me add for clarity. If a criminal wants to spend the money to outfit a $50,000+ cruiser, buy a light bar that cost another 2 grand and a body cam with a two closed circit radios plus the cost of a new offical cop car paint job and hire someone to talk back to him on said prop just to pull people for the hell of it, all the power to them.
edit on 17-6-2015 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Being an insolent loudmouth is not a death sentence offense... at least it wasn't for white folks, anyway... until now.

I did not see him as either insolent or loud. Even when he was being manhandled and tased he simply said "officer what are you doing? Officer...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

This kid was in wrong in the talk track he had.
When you are driving and you are pulled over it is a new story on what is req to show ID.
The cop was in the right.

That being said, how that escalates to him getting shot is beyond me.
Hard to tell what happens after the taze on the body cam.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SSFFlood
Let me just say, i live in the same county this took place, and the kid was a fighter, well a training "MMA" fighter, his whole family was pretty good wrestlers, not making excuses for anyone it was a tragic incident that could of been avoided. however he did commit a misdemeanor in my county when flashing a vehicle at less than 500 ft. and the officer DID in fact pull 3 additional people over and let them all go for the same reason, now those dumb for explorer headlights are super bright, So if he would of just shown the officer his infor after committing a "Crime" he would of been let go, now the officer did over react IMO. but idk. sad none the less

Did the police hold a press conference or release a statement about what happened? This was back in February and it's the first I've heard of it.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The parents have agreed that their son didn't handle the situation perfectly, but many in their community thinks the cop is getting away with this. Which I believe as well.
Looks like they are going to sue as well. I hope they bankrupt the department.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bringmecoffee

it's obvious that a scuffle of some sort ensued

Not so he was being tased, you can see he was not fighting back, his tone was begging.

He resisted everything the officer was legally ordering him to do.

He said how do I know you are a real officer can i see your badge number? He got no evidence the guy was legit.

Funny thing is with people attacked by fake cops everyone asks why did you get out...they say if you are alone stay in the car and don't roll down the window when pulled over.
edit on 17-6-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

County Prosecutor did within the last few days, www.lansingstatejournal.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh look... here's the rest of the story. Context is truth, people...

•Guilford was able to get up and charge at Frost, Lloyd said. Still images of the video, blurred during this exchange, show Guilford moving toward Frost.

•Frost backed up, said Lloyd, and he and Guilford moved off to the side of the road.

Frost's body camera was knocked off into the snow during the altercation but Guilford's cell phone, laying on the pavement by his car, kept recording.

Lloyd said the struggle ended with Guilford on top of Frost in a roadside ditch. Guilford was hitting Frost in the face, he said.

Lloyd said Frost reported that he feared he would lose consciousness and that Guilford would take his gun. Lloyd said Frost felt he needed to defend himself and used his gun to do so.

Lloyd said Frost's gun did not fire at first, but Frost ejected an unfired round and eventually fired seven shots, all of which hit Guilford at close range. Guilford was shot once in the head, right chest, upper belly, left armpit, lower chest, right wrist and right forearm.
Source

This habit of posting a short YouTube video with a sensational title to present one side of a story and INTENTIONALLY MISLEAD PEOPLE is getting very annoying.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

He also said NO to providing his badge and later says he didn't say no but still does not show anything to the kid.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Finally. all that being said, should the teen have been tased? tased yes i would have, he was unruly and not doing a damn thing the officer said and made the situation much worse then it needed to be.

Tazed for not putting your hands behind your back is BS.
The kid was being a punk, no doubt about it but was on the ground and not fighting.
Was kinda resisting, but seemed to be more mad about that his phone just got chucked.
Both parties escalated things IMO.
Did he need to be pulled out of his car right then and there, or could the cop have waited for the back up he requested?
The kid should have provided the info, most likely it would have changed things.

Doesn't somehow justify the shooting.
Not saying it isn't justified, just that the "If he did this then that" can not be used to do so.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: seeker1963

He did not deserve to be shot and killed! Period.

With that being said, he was asking for problems.

When he was pulled over, he showed how he is a victim of social engineering when the police officer said "I did not have my high beems on." What did the dude do? Argue with him!

Wouldn't it have been just as easy to say, "Wow! I'm sorry officer. I could have sworn your high beems were on so I was just flashing you to let you know. Sorry." End of story!

It just gets worse from there as this young kid did nothing more than dig his own grave!

Hate on the cops all you want, but when they pull you over? Don't be an idiot.

To refresh your memory? I already said, he didn't deserve to be shot and killed!

But why did the officer not come out with the dodgy story about the too bright dipped lights in the first instance? He even says, (eventually) he'd been flashed at before, and that his dips are brighter than most cars WTF?. That policeman is a bully creep, he knew that he was going to get flashed at anytime, therefore he new why the kid was flashing his lights, and should have let it go..or took the fecking police car back in.

That's irrelevant and the fact that the officer DID explain all that shows how patient he was with this smart aleck kid.

When you get pulled over, you are required to present your driver's license and insurance. The officer even explained to the kid "you realize that this would have gone completely differently if you'd just provided your ID, right?"

The kid was stalling and trying to get out of the stop without providing his DL because he didn't have it on him. The entire escalation and the end-result are 100% the fault of the mouthy teenager.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

He also said NO to providing his badge and later says he didn't say no but still does not show anything to the kid.

Details, Char-Lee.

The kid asked to SEE his badge. The officer said he doesn't have to give anyone his badge but he did offer his badge number.

The officer isn't required to hand his badge to anyone for obvious reasons.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
UGH! i dont understand why this is even a debate, Bottom line, He committed a Misdemeanor in my county, Flashing a car at closer than 500FT is a crime, The officer stopped 3 other people, and they were all let go! if the kid had just complied, AFTER COMMITTING A CRIME. he would still be alive

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland

Third thing. In order for this to be decided in court, you still have to comply with the officers demands, such as. If he asks you to get out of the car,

again, read my post i fully explain this. But let me add for clarity. If a criminal wants to spend the money to outfit a $50,000+ cruiser, buy a light bar that cost another 2 grand and a body cam with a two closed circuit radios plus the cost of a new offical cop car paint job and hire someone to talk back to him on said prop just to pull people for the hell of it, all the power to them.

Oh yes but he did not prove he was an officer and if you get out of the car and he is not then what? they said we should ask for ID after the many fake cop rapes and abductions on the highway. He is a kid alone at night, should he get out? NO.
You are uninformed, it does not cost much at all and the uniforms can be bought at any uniform supply...

These are all recent, i could go one for hours putting these up..

Fake cop pulls over real cop
www.usatoday.com...
Car pulling you over -- is that a real cop?

Or, you can pull over immediately -- but keep your doors locked and only crack the window enough to pass your driver's license and registration through. AOL Autos: Fast, fuel-efficient cars

Third, get a good look at the "officer" and his credentials. If the "officer" is not in uniform, refuses to show you his badge -- or just flashes it briefly, so you can't get a good look -- keep that window rolled up and those doors locked tightly.

www.cnn.com...
Police: Fake cop tries to pull over driver in Moore
www.youtube.com...
Fake speed cop caught tricking drivers into pulling over after stopping REAL police officer by mistake
www.mirror.co.uk...
Fake police officer pulls over drivers, steals licences in Sydney's west
www.abc.net.au...

Police impersonator pulls over teen in Alpharetta

a 16-year-old driver in Alpharetta in the dark, Sunday night, and then told her he wanted to get into her car with her.
She noticed he didn't have a badge, she refused to let him into her car, and he left.

www.11alive.com...
Fake police car tries to pull over driver in Canberra's north
www.canberratimes.com.au...

Mississippi Cops Warn Drivers About Stopping for Homicidal Fake Cop
abcnews.go.com...
By Mike Perchick

Jackson police identify suspect in fake cop case
2 men use blue lights to pull over, rob driver
www.wapt.com...

(post by RoScoLaz4 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Lloyd said Frost felt he needed to defend himself and used his gun to do so.

No the kid needed to defend himself as he was being tased by a possible cop who was yelling in a rage and terrifying.

Lloyd said Frost's gun did not fire at first, but Frost ejected an unfired round and eventually fired seven shots, all of which hit Guilford at close range. Guilford was shot once in the head, right chest, upper belly, left armpit, lower chest, right wrist and right forearm.

You know this guy is going to have to live with this, he knows his anger management problem was the reason a kid died, a kid who could have been anything in the future but dared not show a license when it was demanded.
edit on 17-6-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SSFFlood

the problem with situations like this is that people read the story or watch a video or whatever and react totally out of emotion without thinking things through or even realizing that actions have consequences. There's a time and a place to pick fights. I think people need to start thinking first then reacting. because if the kid would of thought about how he was handling things, he might still be alive. althougth i still think the cop didn't need to shot the kid, tazer yes shoot not so much lol
edit on 17-6-2015 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

what is wrong with me?! oh man thats a long answer, all the kid had to do was be courteous and respectful.(Like a normal human) and guess what he would of lived. i stated in my first post i don't have a side here. The kid was on top of the officer bashing him in the head. what would you do? let him knock you unconscious? or shoot him..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join