It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: Teen Boy Shot and Killed by Cop for Flashing Headlights and Flexing Rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

So if the camera went off how do you know the kid didn't attack. You're just going to assume that the cop is lying? Why?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

i have a general rule. anyone who carries a gun at their hip, badge or no badge, i tend not to piss off if i don't have to. Now that being said, I also have my CCW and carry everyday as long as I'm not heading to work. So if i get pulled over I'm a bit more cautious about my actions because that officer knew i had a CCW before he even flipped on his lights. Its called thinking ahead and showing some respect, people should try it sometime.
edit on 17-6-2015 by roaland because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

So if the camera went off how do you know the kid didn't attack. You're just going to assume that the cop is lying? Why?

Yes the cop is lying....Wanna know why? 7 bullets aren't fired in self defense to an unarmed person, that is rage! IE, murder!

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I always wonder why we should be asked for our license and insurance for no reason. The Officer clearly said "yes my lights are extra bright and others have flashed me" so the kid had a reason to flash to let him know he thought his high beams were accidentally on blinding people. Like he said he was trying to be helpful, most of us would do that.

The kid did not swear, did not yell and continued to just stand up for what he believed was his right not to show lic for having simply flashed his lights.

IT IS CLEAR WHAT HAPPENED! The police officer became ANGRY because someone dared say I don't think I need show my license and WHY would he not prove he was police with his badge when asked...the boy is 17 the age many perverts prefer, there are numerous cases of men pretending to be police to abduct...

I think in no way was the office in the right from moment one and if he killed this boy I believe it can only be considered murder, the boy was non hostile and not violent!

i can't believe anyone would put this on the kid, he did not call the officer names or say what the F or any belligerent tone, he simply believed he should not have to show his license (which he may not even have had) and I don't see why he should either in this case!

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The kid is saying "why are you yelling" he never once sounded angry or violent he simply seemed surprise he would be pulled from his car and forced to the ground over flashing high beams whereas the cop clearly did sound enraged more and progressively more!!

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You're Police Force is out of Control.

It needs to be reined in................and fast.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland

i have a general rule. anyone who carries a gun at their hip, badge or no badge, i tend not to piss off if i don't have to. Now that being said, I also have my CCW and carry everyday as long as I'm not heading to work. So if i get pulled over I'm a bit more cautious about my actions because that officer knew i had a CCW before he even flipped on his lights. Its called thinking ahead and showing some respect, people should try it sometime.

Sometimes it is called groveling and maybe just maybe submitting all of the time when the officers do not even obey the laws is why they are so big headed and power crazed!

This is a 17 year old boy, the officer was 17 once why not just say well drive safely and let him go...he didn't need any ID for headlights flashed for it seems reasonable reasons right from the guys own mouth.

17, night time, alone, why would the officer not show him a badge too when he asked!
edit on 17-6-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

So to me it seems like the cop ultimately screwed up and used bad judgement unless the the circumstances show that the kid somehow got up, handcuffs weren't on him and he was armed. I doubt that was the case. Or that the kid represented a lethal threat to the officer.

Clearly since he was desperate to keep his phone filming...

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

To me that sounds like a combination of the cop screwing up at the very end and poor training where they tell you to loosexall disciplin and dump the entire magazine into the target as if the target was some roided out 300 pound Pcp juggernaut that only 7 rounds of hornady hollowpoint tap rounds with +P to the chest would stop. That's bad training at work in my opinion.

Eeeee bad training, listen to the guy! he is getting angrier and angrier because he demands OBEDIENCE and is not getting what he demands! this is not about training, this is road rage! I think he needs steroid testing.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Don't you think the title of this post is over the top? The kid didn't get shot for flashing his lights and flexing his rights. He got pulled over for flashing his lights and then failing to comply with lawful orders. He absolutely deserved to be arrested for his actions. My take is that after he was tasked initially, he kicked the officer or something of that nature. I'm not saying that lethal force was necessary, but it's obvious that a scuffle of some sort ensued. The officer was calm and in control up until that point. As far as the body cam goes, it looked to me like it became inoperative during the struggle. Based on the audio evidence, I highly doubt that the officer had time to decide to find the camera button, turn the camera off and then proceed with the arrest.
So, based on the video you posted, a legal traffic stop was conducted, the kid decided to not comply with established laws which, like it or not, are in place. He resisted everything the officer was legally ordering him to do. A response to that resistance is leveled and he is now dead.
Again, I don't know if lethal force was necessary based on the evidence, but you also don't know that it wasn't.
At some point people need to realize that failing to comply with lawful orders from a law enforcement officer has real consequences. Yes, people have rights, but they also have laws.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

Third thing. In order for this to be decided in court, you still have to comply with the officers demands, such as. If he asks you to get out of the car,

Oh yes but he did not prove he was an officer and if you get out of the car and he is not then what? they said we should ask for ID after the many fake cop rapes and abductions on the highway. He is a kid alone at night, should he get out? NO.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Let me just say, i live in the same county this took place, and the kid was a fighter, well a training "MMA" fighter, his whole family was pretty good wrestlers, not making excuses for anyone it was a tragic incident that could of been avoided. however he did commit a misdemeanor in my county when flashing a vehicle at less than 500 ft. and the officer DID in fact pull 3 additional people over and let them all go for the same reason, now those dumb for explorer headlights are super bright, So if he would of just shown the officer his infor after committing a "Crime" he would of been let go, now the officer did over react IMO. but idk. sad none the less

edit on 17-6-2015 by SSFFlood because: Spelling

link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

its not called groveling. Its called picking your battles. You aren't going to win a battle with a cop while he is pulling you over. Your going to win it be taking it to court, and until then, you play the nice citizen and comply with the officers demands because at that moment in time, he is the one with the upper hand. In a court room using the situation i describe in my very first post by complying with the officer to the point of not escalating the situation and waiting to pounce until you get into a court room, you now have the upper hand because you have shown that you know the law, you know your rights and you know when and when not to show your claws.

link   
I rolled my eyes when I read the thread title and said to myself "ok, what's the REAL story..."

Sure enough, the stupid kid refuses to comply with the officer's demands and then decided to play tough guy and fight a cop. It ends as anyone could predict.

How about titling the thread as it should be: "Idiot fights with cop and loses."

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

How can you honestly say the kid did nothing wrong?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Again I must ask the questions: What is making these cops so paranoid? What kind of freak-out did this guy suffer to shoot an unarmed kid in handcuffs? Isn't it convenient that the body cam just happened to go blank just prior to the shooting?
I suppose the handcuffed kid jumped to a standing position and was "coming at" the cop?
My prayers are with this family.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'm 52 years old and ANY time I get involved with a LEO in an "official" manner?

He was only 17, what did you do at 17? He was only BORN 17 years ago!

Life is about choices?

it takes some years behind you to make good choices don't you think?

link   
a reply to: diggindirt

you do know he beat the # out of the officer....he was on top of him at one point.

+3 more 
link   

Why didn't the kid attack while the camera was on?

Why did the cops body cam shut off just b4 shooting the kid?
That way he can say whatever he wants and people like you belive that bs..

link   
Where do you draw the line Hoss?..Yeah sure just bend over,and take it up the..Sad to think when kinda person you would've been during the Revolutionary war.I.E just obey..Guess what? Fk that
Edit..logging off..Going to get some air,can't stand blind defenders of BS..

edit on 17-6-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join