It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes Trump a serious candidate, and why the rest are scared of him..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Have we not already had enough Big Business and Banking Presidents?
Trump would be another Obama serving himself and his connections over the good of the country.
When he gets in office, he would be towing the line for Crony Capitalists and Banks that own DC, just like Obama.

Just because he has a lot of money would not mean he would not want more.
I have asked before, what is the limit on the amount of money wealthy people stop at?
It is never enough because there is always someone else to top.

How about a small town business man or hard working American instead of someone out of the top 1% that exist in their own clubs?

Trump is another one of the top wealthy elite and he would be helping himself and those in his circle.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
**Spoiler Alert*** Yes he may just be screwing around, But what if he isn't?

Why are all the current Presidential candidates keeping their collective mouths shut? They just don't want to make an enemy of him cuz he just keeps on, and on and ell you get the idea here. And so do their advisors, this guy can get media attention in a flat heartbeat. People listen to him just to here who he's picking on. He has never run for political office before. Yes he has "Stirred to Pot" a few times but he has waited for this moment for 15 years. Today it was said could be the perfect storm in politics. All polls are trending the fact that WE just don't trust career politicians anymore. He will take that and run with it. And perhaps he should.

"The Donald", just happens to own far more than a few Hotels and Golf courses. He also owns Banks,Insurance companies and Hospitals.

He can easily finance his own campaign and arrived in Iowa a few hours ago on one of his private 757's.

He has disclosed all his Finances already, and has no tax or IRS issues.

We know more about Mr. Trump than all the candidates except Hillary. And far more than we knew about Obama.

Did I mention those Hotels? Well the last Ten years he has hosted some of the wealthiest people in the world in them. They like Donald.

And I'm sure some of those other candidates have been his guests too...I hope they were behaving.

He gives out millions to support Veterans who actually support him.

A Wharton Grad. Isn't it about time we had a President who had any sort of financial education?

He don't listen to anyone but himself. But that may be just what we need right now. He displays common sense even if it comes out all wrong, and certainly couldn't be worse than some of the hacks we have now...

He LOVES to FIRE people who can't get the job done! Thats why I like the guy. Tell me people working in Washington wouldn't pucker up if he was the boss... He will trim Federal spending like a knife through hot butter. Look if all the stuff they say about him and if his crazy Hair is bothering you, what if he shaved it all off and went full Yule Brenner on us? lol We'd be looking at that guy totally different then...

He reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt our 26th President, talked a lot of SH** and carried a big stick. He also busted all the major unions with anti trust laws and clamped down on the banking and corporate industries. Then he built the panama canal and a huge Navy to protect trade interests. (He had some crazy hair too) not to bad for a guy who was a pretty sick kid, did I mention he took a trip up San Juan Hill?

Anyway, I say give the guy a shot. We may not like everything he brings to the table but it has to be better than these career political hacks that have been sitting up there the last twenty years... Oh.. His foreign policies would actually be better for us to start trading with other countries than invading them. So what if he is serious this time?

The GOP isn't scared of trump because they think he will win the nomination, but because he is guarenteed to force whoever wins WAY FAR right in the primaries. Trump will spout out illogical idiocies that sound good but mean nothing. Forcing anyone he debates to agree. Which will KILL them in the general election.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So instead of voting in the paid off politician it's somehow better to vote in the guy that's been paying them off for decades? How many times has he declared bankruptcy now? And somehow people are claiming he's a good businessman. I also keep seeing people say he's not connected. One isn't as rich and well known as Trump without being connected. Furthermore he's probably connected in the Goodfellas sense of the word as well. One's name doesn't become synonymous with Atlantic City without picking up some mob connections. And finally, what makes you think Trump wouldn't circumvent Congress to get his way? The man's used to being charge and having his will done by underlings no questions asked. How do you think he's going to take it the first time Congress tells him no?

ETA: Oh, and let's not forget his whole birther crusade.
edit on 6/17/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yes.

If you are a rich white man, then Donald is the guy for you.

If you are anybody else, then he's no different then ANY establishment Republican.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
So instead of voting in the paid off politician it's somehow better to vote in the guy that's been paying them off for decades? How many times has he declared bankruptcy now? And somehow people are claiming he's a good businessman. I also keep seeing people say he's not connected. One isn't as rich and well known as Trump without being connected. Furthermore he's probably connected in the Goodfellas sense of the word as well. One's name doesn't become synonymous with Atlantic City without picking up some mob connections. And finally, what makes you think Trump wouldn't circumvent Congress to get his way? The man's used to being charge and having his will done by underlings no questions asked. How do you think he's going to take it the first time Congress tells him no?

ETA: Oh, and let's not forget his whole birther crusade.

Yup, they are so brainwashed by the Fox News idiots they believe the entire world is in some vast conspiracy to discredit conservatism. Like ANY countries political party is important enough to unite all the worlds media sources against them.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

So what I take away from this is that you are excited for Trump because... he's rich?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
two excerpts from donald's presidential annoucement transcript

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively, I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall.

Mark my words."

AND, this lovely little gem....

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

gotta build giant walls to keep out all those mexicans coming here to rape us all!

please, just another wealthy delusional crony.

is it wrong to have higher standards for who becomes the President of the United States?

I mean seriously, where the hell are our standards? Where are the intelligent and charismatic leaders of the people that we deserve?

ANY candidate it seems who makes it to the election will just be another one of the "boys". This is a bull$h!t two party system.

I'll sum up my viewpoint with a quote from good ole bill hicks

"I’ll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. “I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.” “I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.” “Hey, wait a minute, there’s one guy holding out both puppets!” “Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control. Here's Love Connection. Watch this and get fat and stupid. By the way, keep drinking beer, you #ing morons." - Bill Hicks
edit on 17-6-2015 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I would be most interested in the kind of people that President Candidate Trump would ask to be in his Administration and Cabinet Level position...

especially the position of Attorney General (chief law enforcement officer in the USA...)
because a lot of lawlessness was permitted during the last 2 administrations that are still having detrimental consequences on the process of an enduring Constitution within the branches of government to this day.
edit on th30143455212517422015 by St Udio because: edit experience

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Are you people real? Look at the man. His past life is strewn with dodgy relationships, dodgy deals, then we get to the most important part (which a lot of you brush over lightly, get it, Brush over) his hair.
Any intelligent analyst will tell you the way he styles his hair screams vanity, it screams falseness and you want him as president???????????

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

From reading your posts it's become quite apparent that you do not like Obama in the least bit. Your posts sounds like a conservative talk show talking points with all of the key words and phrases added in.

A small suggestion, step away from the talk radio, foxnews and conservative internet media. It's rotting your brain.

Also, it sounds as if you are throwing all of your eggs in to one basket with Trump, and even making ridiculous claims that "Trump would never do that".

How do you know? Do you know him personally? Or perhaps you like to walk blindly by faith and will trust the man even though he is a clown that talks just like the rest of the politicians?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Donald Trump couldn't even get through his candidacy announcement without saying a whole bunch of racist crap. He shoots off at the mouth because he's never had to face any consequences for his verbal diarrhea. Can you imagine him in a meeting with foreign dignitaries?

Trump is one of the least likable public figures in the U.S. and that's really saying something. He's a parody of himself.
edit on 6/17/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Trump will never make a serious run. He hops in promote himself and then he will hop out claiming he had other obligations dropping out while leaving his supports with such advice as catch the season premier of Celebrity Apprentice tomorrow night.

If he made a serious run, his big problem would be his shady business practices. His ties to the organized crime, the Russian mob in particular have caused him problems. He has cheated investors out of money and seemed proud of it. Filed Corporate Bankruptcy 4 times. Always is being sued for not paying debts. And it goes on an on. On top of having to explain all that he would have explain all racist, sexist crazy stuff he has said. And of course the fact that despite inheriting a fortune from his father and being handed a successful company in the mid 70s by the 90s he needed a massive bank bail out to keep the company afloat. He seems to do the same thing over and over. Borrow lots of money, boost the stock price, cash in himself and then file bankruptcy to reduce the debt on those loans. He is pretty much just plays a shell game.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The only part that you got right is that I can't stand Obama. There are a lot of reasons. Mostly his Mafia affiliations, but there is so much more.
And I never listen to talk radio, or any conservative talking heads. No television at all.
Maybe that's why I can think for myself and know garbage when I see it, like our president.

I knew long before Obama became president what a pathetic lying scumbag he was, all without listening to any television or talk radio...
Also, Trump wouldn't be my first or second choice when voting time rolls around, in case you wanted to know, but he would sure do a better job than Obama. How can I possibly know? Listening to Trump say things, and then checking out if it is true usually results in what he says being usually true. Can't say the same for Obama, but maybe that is because he lies so much, that telling the truth scares him. To Obama, telling the truth would usually entail admission of guilt for something, and he subconsciously avoids the truth about anything for that reason.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I don't like Obama either, but you seem to go beyond what would be considered reasonable in to an area I would describe as obsessed. That is usually a sign of someone that pays too much attention to the trash put out on tv, radio and the internet.

It would be interesting to see how you vetted Trump. Can you provide examples of what he has said and the actions that followed which leads you to say that he is more trustworthy than Obama? Also, can you provide the information that led you to the conclusion that Obama is a "lying scumbag" and avoids telling the truth about anything?
edit on 17-6-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: introvert

The only part that you got right is that I can't stand Obama. There are a lot of reasons. Mostly his Mafia affiliations, but there is so much more.

That's quite a claim - care to back it up with facts? Being anonymous on an Internet forum doesn't mean you should be able to make such spurious claims with no back up and if you tell me to look for myself then it just kind of paints you as a peddler of BS.

The old phrase comes to mind, put up or shut up.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

www.google.co.uk... dont-know-earth-orbits-the-sun-yes-really-140214.htm&ei=I6SBVb2YC4X68QWlxYCoDw&usg=AFQjCNFZ7KdyAMyGWxOKDzyAhWU2drr1EQ&bvm=bv.96041959,d.dGc

And then, today, the National Science Foundation (NSF) delivered news of a pretty shocking poll result: around one in four Americans (yes, that's 25 percent) are unaware that the Earth orbits the sun. Let’s repeat that: One in four Americans — that represents one quarter of the population — when asked probably the most basic question in science (except, perhaps, “Is the Earth flat?” Hint: No.), got the answer incorrect. Suddenly I realized why the Nye vs. Ham debate was so popular.

What makes Trump a possible win is 1 out of 4 or over 75 million Americans that really dont know the earth goes around the sun. My people arent the sharpest tools in the shed, which gives people like Trump a winning edge to work with lolz....
edit on 17-6-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

You do realize we've already had multiple celebrity presidents, right?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yup. He can solve both the drug problem AND immigration by getting Mexico to build a wall. And presumably we will then be able to dial-back the Border Patrol and save a boat-load of money. Face it, they're not going to be digging tunnels under the wall. That would never happen. And as an added bonus, he has a secret plan to defeat ISIS which he guarantees will work. It's almost worth it to vote him in just to hear THAT plan.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrowley88
All I have to say, love him or hate him, he made valid points. He has gained my respect..

valid points? and those are?...unlike trump, provide details of these valid points....maybe you might want to talk to the investors that went through 3 trump corporation bankruptcies and lost their ass while trump himself didn't go bankrupt, how much respect the have for the "Donald"..... or all the "students" of fake trump university that lost thousands in tuition and got fake diplomas, how much respect they have for the "Donald"....on the other hand, I hope he gets the republican nomination, because it would insure that Hillary would win.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

True American. Built his own empire.
It crumbled and he built it up again.
Very smart, self made American Dream realizer.
He's got my vote and I'm not conservative or a republican.

He obviously cares about the country. There's nothing else in it for him.

He already has everything he wants.

I really hate politicians.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join