It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes Trump a serious candidate, and why the rest are scared of him..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hahaha Trump voters in America whats next? A cartoon president like Bugs Bunny LOLZ? America never ever ceases to amaze me.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

He already has everything he wants.

Yeah, I guess. He could, after all, do hair plugs....
but - what bothered me about his announcement speech was how he JUST SOLD AN APARTMENT FOR $15 million to a CHINESE GUY. He didn't choose to provide housing for the homeless in that apartment.....oh no. Doing business with the newly-arrived middle-class of China is more important.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How anyone could listen to that announcement and think, "That was well thought out, and intelligent" is beyond me. I pray trump last long enough for one debate. Just one. Buffoonery is great television.

I'll build a wall. Apparently he has no concept of the mileage along the southern border or the years and billions it would take to build a wall which would be subverted before it was ever completed! Not to mention the obvious Gulf of Mexico and Pacific freaking Ocean he won't be able to wall up. It's just stupidity of the highest fashion.

I will say, that first primary debate with Trump, that loony doctor guy, Perry, and Cruz will be some solid gold comedy.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Trump is a realist, his success is based on determined process to the desired end/ completion of the task & only then are the new variables brought into the equation

politicians on the other hand ... continually equivocate... change their goal-posts as often as the wind changes . continually modify their position---in the case of the audience/momentum/political variables at the time... call the career politician a pro-waffler !

edit on th30143456094417092015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
Trump is a realist, his success is based on determined process to the desired end/ completion of the task & only then are the new variables brought into the equation

politicians on the other hand ... continually equivocate... change their goal-posts as often as the wind changes . continually modify their position---in the case of the audience/momentum/political variables at the time... call the career politician a pro-waffler !

Trump success is do to inheriting his fathers fortune and successful company that was he drove almost out of business in 15 years, got a huge bank bail out, then filed bankruptcy 4 times to get out loans he used to keep his company afloat. This is pretty much why he has become and entertained instead of a businessman.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Wow you like Trump and would vote for him as your president, you do understand most sane people in the world cringe upon seeing the man, and throw up a little when they hear anything he has to say. . . .

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

His success is based on screwing people put of money they gave him and having a large fortune to work with...

This guy is not the example of the American dream, he is the example of the living the privileged life.
Doubt this guy was ever even close to living middle class in his life.
You can same about hill dog I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: St Udio

His success is based on screwing people put of money they gave him and having a large fortune to work with...

This guy is not the example of the American dream, he is the example of the living the privileged life.
Doubt this guy was ever even close to living middle class in his life.
You can same about hill dog I'm sure.

I wouldnt mention Trump and American in the same breath, if a revolt ever happened in the states he would be the first one out of the country, patriot my arse hes less than nothing.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Trump doesn't want to be president. He wants attention to make money. Being president means he gets vetted by the press. No way in hell he wants that.

Yes, he's a serious candidate. In a farcical election. Which means nothing beyond the show.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i'll tell u what makes him a serious candidate, this racially intolerant rhetoric he is spewing is going to attract a lot of racially intolerant people to vote for him, quite possibly getting him enough votes to make things interesting.

i'm not saying the points he makes are not spot on its just the way he worded it that makes it sound so racially charged.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
**Spoiler Alert*** Yes he may just be screwing around, But what if he isn't?

Why are all the current Presidential candidates keeping their collective mouths shut? They just don't want to make an enemy of him cuz he just keeps on, and on and ell you get the idea here. And so do their advisors, this guy can get media attention in a flat heartbeat. People listen to him just to here who he's picking on. He has never run for political office before. Yes he has "Stirred to Pot" a few times but he has waited for this moment for 15 years. Today it was said could be the perfect storm in politics. All polls are trending the fact that WE just don't trust career politicians anymore. He will take that and run with it. And perhaps he should.

"The Donald", just happens to own far more than a few Hotels and Golf courses. He also owns Banks,Insurance companies and Hospitals.

He can easily finance his own campaign and arrived in Iowa a few hours ago on one of his private 757's.

He has disclosed all his Finances already, and has no tax or IRS issues.

We know more about Mr. Trump than all the candidates except Hillary. And far more than we knew about Obama.

Did I mention those Hotels? Well the last Ten years he has hosted some of the wealthiest people in the world in them. They like Donald.

And I'm sure some of those other candidates have been his guests too...I hope they were behaving.

He gives out millions to support Veterans who actually support him.

A Wharton Grad. Isn't it about time we had a President who had any sort of financial education?

He don't listen to anyone but himself. But that may be just what we need right now. He displays common sense even if it comes out all wrong, and certainly couldn't be worse than some of the hacks we have now...

He LOVES to FIRE people who can't get the job done! Thats why I like the guy. Tell me people working in Washington wouldn't pucker up if he was the boss... He will trim Federal spending like a knife through hot butter. Look if all the stuff they say about him and if his crazy Hair is bothering you, what if he shaved it all off and went full Yule Brenner on us? lol We'd be looking at that guy totally different then...

He reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt our 26th President, talked a lot of SH** and carried a big stick. He also busted all the major unions with anti trust laws and clamped down on the banking and corporate industries. Then he built the panama canal and a huge Navy to protect trade interests. (He had some crazy hair too) not to bad for a guy who was a pretty sick kid, did I mention he took a trip up San Juan Hill?

Anyway, I say give the guy a shot. We may not like everything he brings to the table but it has to be better than these career political hacks that have been sitting up there the last twenty years... Oh.. His foreign policies would actually be better for us to start trading with other countries than invading them. So what if he is serious this time?

Awesome feedback here. Thanks for all who stepped in and make a few comments! Not sure what the Donald is going to do, most likely just make a bigger A** out himself. But the fact that he adds so much color to the early race is great. I suspect he will start calling these other candidates bs and get a ton of press with it. I also suspect he will take out a few others on his way out the door sometime in September...lol

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

Hmm that's making me think that maybe the biggest supporter for his candidacy would be Hillary Clinton.
Hmmm

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: introvert

The only part that you got right is that I can't stand Obama. There are a lot of reasons. Mostly his Mafia affiliations, but there is so much more.

That's quite a claim - care to back it up with facts? Being anonymous on an Internet forum doesn't mean you should be able to make such spurious claims with no back up and if you tell me to look for myself then it just kind of paints you as a peddler of BS.

The old phrase comes to mind, put up or shut up.

Before you go spouting off about spurious claims and asking me to back up COMMON KNOWLEDGE, you should at least make an attempt to research just a tiny bit first so you don't look like you are just protecting someone you support.

Ever heard of Tony Rezko? He is a Chicago crime family boss who got Obama his senate seat before he ever ran for president. They even have dinner together still. He even gave Obama a sweet discount on a luxury home in Chicago that Obama still owns, although I heard they have put it up for sale after all these years.
Research can be your friend for common knowledge you should already know.

When you blindly support a politician it always helps to know that politicians affiliations..

But you don't care about that for Obama because it's love. And we all know how blind love can be don't we?

Obama's mafia affiliations have been discussed right here on ATS since long long ago besides. You could probably find a ton of threads about Tony Rezko and how he and a squadron of his shoulder strikers inclined people to vote for him and ballot box stuffing, voter fraud, and all that sort of Chicago stle politics Obama is frigging FAMOUS for. But when you are in love or co-dependant towards someone, I understand how you might have been confused and overlooked all those nasty things.
edit on 17-6-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So back up outrageous claims with the even more outrageous claim that it is common knowledge.

You made the claim, you have to prove it.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

www.politifact.com...
Here is one saying it is false, see how that works?

edit on thWed, 17 Jun 2015 16:14:16 -0500America/Chicago620151680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

LOL it's always the same few Obama lovers on ATS turning up like an abused spouse trying to defend Obama. It's all lies! He's a really nice man! HE said he was sorry! Can you still see the bruises? Oh!

LOL
Game over

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
it baffles me that people still argue over politics.

"I like Team Jacob!!!"

"I like Team Edward!!!"

Two sides of everyones mouth

On the one hand, just about everyone complains about how the system is broken, and no matter who you vote for your screwed. On the other hand, just about everyone then immediately ignores this knowledge so they can start arguing over which "side" is right.

ATS, i can't reconcile this obvious disconnect.....

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So that is no on proving the claim and just some ad homs to boot?

Makes sense.

Sorry I asked you to back up your claims, how crazy of me.
I don't like obama, crappy president, call me a obama lover all you want if it helps you sleep at night tho.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Oh come on now, lets be realistic here, Trump is a cunning and ruthless business man who obviously cares more about his own social status and wealth than anything else. You guys in this thread who believe he would be some sort of savior are completely delusional.

Sounds wholey qualified then.

That's a prerequisite for a politician.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Just look at his demeanor and the way he often speaks to other people, that is not tough business tactics, that is being an egotistical a-hole.

Guess someone missed the past 8 years of the current guy in the oval office then.

Does anyone have any real complaints about Trump ?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neil Young certainly does!!!

GO Bernie!!!!

edit on 17-6-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join