It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporations seek statehood through trade agreements

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

It only takes one vote. It happens every 4 years and it is comming soon to a theater near you.

I am an optimist. I believe anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Checkmate

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Are corporations seeking statehood through trade agreements - They certainly would be tempted to want to considering some of them have annual turnovers greater than some countries.

Are corporations seeking to become nation states through trade agreements - Undoubtedly, they could not resist the temptation to do as they are the invisible government anyway so its logical they would be itching to come out of the shadows and 'claim' their 'rightful place.' in the world.

Are corporations (Banks) seeking to become nation states through trade agreements. - Well, they already have everyone else, including governments, all those that count anyway, by the short and curleys. Our political structures suit their interest extremely well. Just by controlling a few hundred key people in each country (govt ministers and other key politicians) they control through them, the other xyz millions in your country.

They even have the power to create money out of thin air, well its us through our signature that brings the money into existence but lets not get into technical issues, so if they have that much power its only natural that they would not be able to resist the temptation to go that last little step.

edit on 14-6-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Two items:

Reason for secrecy? They to want no ruckus from "worthless eaters," who will soon expire, and

It will be interesting to see corporations going to war. I doubt they'll expend their precious new workforce (robots) initially.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What a load of rubbish.

Wikileaks has warned that governments negotiating a far-reaching global service agreement are 'surrendering a large part of their global sovereignty' and exacerbating the social inequality of poorer countries in the process.

Oh wikileaks says!

Yo ?

That makes the assumption that the people had any 'sovereignty' left.

If I had a nickle every time someone said them evil corporations were out to get me I'd be an evil one percenter.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I for one refuse to live under a corporate fascist oligarchy!!! The individual will be nothing more than an indentured servant!!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I for one refuse to live under a corporate fascist oligarchy!!! The individual will be nothing more than an indentured servant!!

You already do.

Them social programs by the state decree?

Pure FASCISM.

When corporate products are deemed 'human rights' birth control,education,HEALTHCARE,homes ?

Say hello to a fascist oligarchy.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

To late for most.

Heres the real issue.

You go to a community like Baltimore or Detroit or St Lious or most of America where the big corporations have been financially sucking the community dry of economic resources. It works like this...

The small business owners keep the money in the local economy and make higher profit margins by creating better goods. That money goes back into the economy through building trades and buy purchasing a home and in their ability to be able to buy services and products from other local business owners.

When a big corporation moves into an area what they do is buy materials goods in bulk at much cheaper prices and mass produce products in bulk so they can sell them cheaper. Because everyone in America is taught to save money and be frugal they dont spend their money with the local business anymore they choose to buy from the corp instead and that puts the small business owner out of business.

Now the big corp hires people and pays them less than the wages that the small business owner was making and what happens is is it circulates less money in the local economy. This affect grows exponentially and over a period of time the community has less and less and less money.

Now most of the community cant afford to buy housing or spend money on goods and services after 30-40 years of this happening. Now there is no jobs and the community is totally broke.

edit on 6/14/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The social programs have nothing to do with fascim.

Go ahead and remove our social programs and build a wall around your house because this place will look like Armageddon.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

How could organizations like the UN allow this? Allowing the corporatocracy to take control of theestablishment and enforcement of policies for society to follow!? Talk about conflict of interest - the Founding Fathers are surely rolling over in their graves

No wonder they've been so sketchy about TPP, wowww

I will allow this video from James Corbett (Corbett Report) to answer that.

And to borrow a shared quote from the video, directly from the United Nations:
“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution.”
Christiana Figueres, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)

1. Defined period (a plan in place)
2. Intentionally changing (but aren't telling the rest of us)
3. changing economic development model reigning for the last 150 years (aka - capitalism, but really crony capitalism)

How do you suppose they will make these "changes?" Will it be gradual or will it be another crisis or series of crises to force the populace into making irrational choices?

edit on 14-6-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Without more facts how do we know if these changes are bad or good

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yeah they do THEY ARE corporate products..

And so they get to go buy MORE corporate products by robbing from the rich so people get to go buy MORE STUFF.

Can't help it if some people that hate corporations are a cognitive dissonant lot.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I dont get what your saying.

So stop feeding people because their only choice is to buy food from a corporation

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

There is no such thing a free trade agreement. I'm not an expert but this is how I see it.

"So it's agreed. We'll exchange this for that and you get what you want and we'll- hello, What's this? this commodity you are giving us has increased in value! well I have no idea how that happened. But too late, you signed the papers-too bad, so sad, enjoy your magic beans."

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I dont get what your saying.

So stop feeding people because their only choice is to buy food from a corporation

Yep after all they are eating that evil GMO food that is lining evil Monsanto's pockets.

What's not to understate ?

All social programs are corporate welfare.

Guaranteed income for them evil corporations.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Who's fault is that?

Can't be the person who's barely surviving living in dangerous crime ridden neighborhoods.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

F&S&
But just to be clear - it's not new. Those terms were first established in NAFTA. Nobody made a big fuss so now they're standard. And yeah, it's global government by and for corporations.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Q33323

It will be interesting to see corporations going to war. I doubt they'll expend their precious new workforce (robots) initially.

Hmmm. Who do you think founded the USA and Canada? Destroyed Africa and India?

Hint: Monarchs gave corporate charters to corporations to do their dirty work, plus lots and lots of power.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
They have it a lot easier than states through trade agreements. Trade agreements are total bs. All they do is redistribute wealth from the bottom 7/8th to the top 1/8th.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
All this negative talk towards corporations should be viewed as hate crimes.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join