It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporations seek statehood through trade agreements

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Corporations are now seeking statehood through international trade agreements such as TPP, TISA, and TTIP that subjugate local and federal laws voted and agreed upon by the people and governments of said nations.

Source

The Trade in Services Agreement exposed in a 17 document dump by Wikileaks on Thursday relates to ongoing negotiations to lock market liberalisations into global law.

Global law relating to business and not the health and well being of people but business. Thats my take on this and trust me I'm interested in hearing more about this from people who are far more educated on whats happening.

Wikileaks says that corporations would be able to use the law in its current form to hold sway over governments, deciding whether laws promoting culture, protecting the environment or ensuring equal access to services were ‘unnecessarily burdensome’, or whether knowledge of indigenous culture or public services was essential to achieve ‘parity’.

So local culture and public service are considered burdensome in the new trade agreements which will hold leverage over nations through economic power.

So does that mean they will be managing local services and subsidies..

Source

The purpose of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership is to remove the regulatory differences between the US and European nations. I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. But I left out the most important issue: the remarkable ability it would grant big business to sue the living daylights out of governments which try to defend their citizens. It would allow a secretive panel of corporate lawyers to overrule the will of parliament and destroy our legal protections. Yet the defenders of our sovereignty say nothing.

So these "tribunals" will hold political power over nations? I'm assuming they will be holding private conferences and decisions will be made based on economic principle rather than on whats for the good of the local population.

These companies (along with hundreds of others) are using the investor-state dispute rules embedded in trade treaties signed by the countries they are suing. The rules are enforced by panels which have none of the safeguards we expect in our own courts. The hearings are held in secret. The judges are corporate lawyers, many of whom work for companies of the kind whose cases they hear. Citizens and communities affected by their decisions have no legal standing. There is no right of appeal on the merits of the case. Yet they can overthrow the sovereignty of parliaments and the rulings of supreme courts.

Thats a scary proposition.

This is the most damning evidence for a NWO I've personally ever seen. Just mind blowing...

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more. People should be a lot more concerned imo than I am seeing. Basically, from what I can see corporations will have the right to sue taxpayers without any recourse by the taxpayer.

They are going to force a global one world government down our throats by economic controls
and food availability.

There has been no good done by any of these massive trade deals in the past accept for the people at the top. Our economy in the West started tanking with joining the WTO. These latest deals aretightening the screws beyond all notions of national sovereignty. The new world order is not there for the people.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Its all about jobs and leverage.

The way we get leverage back into the American economy is creating and investing in our own locally sourced goods and business's.

We need to run our own small companies and not rely on their jobs in order to take back power.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

How could organizations like the UN allow this? Allowing the corporatocracy to take control of theestablishment and enforcement of policies for society to follow!? Talk about conflict of interest - the Founding Fathers are surely rolling over in their graves

No wonder they've been so sketchy about TPP, wowww

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Like I said, leverage.

The UN has only the leverage we give it they have no real power. The corporations have leverage through economy. Leverage = power in the business world and because of how heavily invested into these companies and banks and how reliant we are on them we give them power.

Its a weapon when understood and applied practically in business can give you massive advantages.
edit on 6/13/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
this is a dark time,it makes me sad to see how close their end game is........i just want to scream!!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Profit machines don't moderate their prime function.

In a world running low on "growth" they will seek to, literally, captivate customers in a number of different ways.
edit on 13-6-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
OP is 100% right. corporations are trying to become supernational. Nations, if they exist at all after the BRICS and TPP, will be relegated to control of their domestic populations in the service of the corporations.

FYI the Catholic church is long been recognized as creating or inventing the first corporation. Seems that they have indeed created the beast of Revelations. And the US supreme Court just recently recognized the corporations right to person-hood. So the US judiciary gave the beast life. Now corporations want to go beyond the nations of men and create a nation of psychopathic entities that use, abuse and kill people.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Good thread with good points.
But I hate to say that you may have underestimated the mega corps.

They wish to be far above statehood IMO,totally unaccountable from any nations laws.
The poison peddlers want to own it all.

F@++ TPP,may it fail and burn.

The EU doesn't like it,they have postponed a vote due to disagreements,and now the US fast track bill has been stopped.
There are people fighting against this,lets just hope they can win.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I fully agree.

At first glance, these policies seem logical. Other countries have adopted economic liberalization and done well- it is the opposite of say, how North Korea is run, in economic isolation. Some complain that there is some immigration rider in it- but that is of no importance compared to what is actually in this thing.

It still blows my mind that one can only be viewed in a secret room, another cannot be read at all. I see lawmakers pushing for the passage of these plans who had the chance to read it, in the case of the one available in the 'secret room' and haven't read it. (Well they often pass things they haven't read, but not normally this big).

The wikileaks dump is scary enough, but that is 17 pages of a massive document. The secrecy scares me to death.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Agreed.....thats why my wife and I bought a small farm.....raising organic non gmo chickens berries veggies fruits...permaculture ...prettt the works.

local is the answer

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Don't make fun of the corporations. Corporations are people, and people have feelings.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Oh I forgot to empathize with the corporations.

😜😜😜

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: FamCore

Like I said, leverage.

The UN has only the leverage we give it they have no real power. The corporations have leverage through economy. Leverage = power in the business world and because of how heavily invested into these companies and banks and how reliant we are on them we give them power.

Its a weapon when understood and applied practically in business can give you massive advantages.

geez...did we not learn this when in the fall of 2008 the banks and financial institutions said "we need 700 billion taxpayer dollars now, or we collapse the entire financial system. and they wrote it up on 3 pages...3 pages!!...that's all that was needed. more pages are needed for a written report on the civil war by 15 year old freshmen in high school....let's just cut through the crap, eliminate the middle men of the congress, POTUS, and SCOTUS, and turn our country over to the new CEO and board members of America corp....they will cut out the waste of, the poor, the too young, the too old, the infirmed, the too stupid, the too uneducated.....that should streamline American corps operations down to about 120 million employ...uhmm, I mean citizens, who can clearly contribute.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Even if the tyrants were to pass this, we are a sovereign nation and can repeal anything the people agree to repeal.

Why does everyone think that the law is the law?

This is America, the law is whatever we say it is. We can change it whenever we want and that includes our international agreements.

When you enter into an agreement with a sovereign nation, the people of that nation maintain thier sovereignty and thus maintain the ability to change their minds.

This is not complicated. You cannot rule a free sovereign nation with unjust laws. We will change them. And we will fight if necessary.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73 "We"? We have nothing. The people we elected who are the ones that pass laws, obviously don't work for us. With the issues at hand, it is both political sides pushing for this and not just in the US, but in many countries. Same in the UK, according to the Independent. The thing is secret there too. Liberals and conservatives, we have definitely all been played. While we argue about abortion or whether or not Sarah Palin had 'gotcha questions' we were all being played.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yep....they worked the dialectic masterfully....

a reply to: reldra

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Corporate Oligarchies, lobbynomics and the military/industrial complex is the new World Order and the propaganda machine is their weapon of choice. Between bailing out banksters and formulating secret global trade deals, western countries, led by the US will make 1984 a reality - especially as they dumb-down the citizenry to the level of idiocracy.

In these same western countries, politically elected representatives represent their electees about as much as Putin represents the Russian people.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
How is any of this a big surprise? It's just another means is skirting the democratic process. A upotia where officials and law makers don't need to vote in by constituent.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Even if the tyrants were to pass this, we are a sovereign nation and can repeal anything the people agree to repeal.

Why does everyone think that the law is the law?

This is America, the law is whatever we say it is. We can change it whenever we want and that includes our international agreements.

When you enter into an agreement with a sovereign nation, the people of that nation maintain thier sovereignty and thus maintain the ability to change their minds.

This is not complicated. You cannot rule a free sovereign nation with unjust laws. We will change them. And we will fight if necessary.

Oh? If only it were that easy. If only...

Lots of people agree to appeal these:
Really the recent NDAA(namely droning citizens), NSA spying, Patriot Act before expiration and the now USA Freedom Act. How's that been going in your view? Not good in mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join