It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Letter from singer Charlie Daniels...WOW!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I had a good laugh reading that drivel. Thanks OP

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I was not talking about you, cavtrooper. I was talking about Charlie's letter. I still think it was written in a civil way and I also believe he was being sincere.

Personally speaking, though, I also believe you were in the 7th Cav and have no reservations in appreciating military service. My family has historically done service and so have I.

But what that has to do with Charlie's letter, I have no idea. Did he serve?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

The UK has similar songs, it just that we got a lot of them out of the way in Victorian times and the earlier parts of the 20th Century.

"On Ilkley Moor Ba' Tat"
"Maybe its Because I'm a Londoner" etc

Theres also a lot of pop references too.

www.users.globalnet.co.uk...
edit on 14/6/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I thought the racist dialogue was that James Brown is in the entitled minority, with so much angst that he could barely lift himself up from deep poverty only with the help of the government.

I've never heard of such a "dialogue". Perhaps it is just made-up by those that attempt to marginalize others and push their anti-government agenda.

We should be so ashamed of ourselves, singing such songs about our cities and states and country.

It would be wise to do some research and learn what many of those songs mean. For example, Georgia on my mind is about a woman, not a state.

My entire point is that you can sing all the songs you want and be proud to be an American, but you and I are no better than anyone else in this world. American exceptionalism is arrogant and dangerous.
edit on 14-6-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Charlie Daniels obviously watches way too much FOX News, but knows NOTHING about politics other than what he's found in the far right media.

Every point in his letter is a popularist position of the far right media, and much of it has no basis in fact at all.

But the Republican base will eat this up as an example of a true American Patriot.

"A deal with Iran will do nothing but hurt Israel"? REALLY? I've NEVER understood why Israel is such a hot button topic in American politics, other than the utmost belief that the Israel Lobby (by FAR the largest lobby in Washington) have paid millions of dollars to stay relevant and promote their causes. In almost any other country, you ask a political candidate what they think of Israel, their response will be "huh?".

The Israel Lobby is the largest lobby in Washington, and Israel receives by FAR the largest amount of foreign aid paid out of Washington. If it wasn't for American foreign aid and US weapons systems, the Israeli Government would have collapsed decades ago.
edit on 14-6-2015 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ok who the hell is Charlie Daniels?!? I must be just oblivious to a band or singer everyone else knows somehow. I'll go Wikipedia it. However I already can say two things, I admire his faith though we'd probably clash in that department, however his first impression on me is already soiled with his pulling a page from Mr. and Mrs. Obama or from Gwenyth Paltrow. Anyone else ever notice how every chance she gets she says stuff like, "Well you know me, Mrs. Sawyer, I just love home-cooked meals in fact I make them all the time while in apparel in which the average American attires him or herself. Then I eat it on a table I acquired at some blue collar yard sale while I diligently ?clip coupons, being the normal everyday American citizen and hunting to pinch pennies when possible. Heck, I even use my own vaccuumeratorscope to tidy up." But you can take one look at her and see the notion of her partaking in such low classeries makes her awkward and uncomfortable. Is it just my timing or what? Just like the Obamas' speech at a university graduation when they said the graduates had a big advantage compared to her and Barry who lived in a rundown one bedroom, drove a car with no floor showing the passing asphalt, and being terrified of failure as they stepped into real life with their meaningless Harvard Law degrees and their poor list of billionaires and politicians they've probably swapped blood with at their many initiations as a soul resource to network from? Honestly there's something so offensive about celebrities trying to relate to the never-ending barrage of obstacles most of us face, especially ones like Gwen and Obama who quite literally have not one single time in an entire existence had to go without a single desire, sacrifice one thing to afford another, or truly felt what the pressure is in dedicating 2/3 of ones life to have barely enough to scrape by, once in a blue moon enough left for even a simple luxury or indulgence, and never enough to experience a small blip of time where finances didn't control them. May be newer money for this Charlie boy but to infer his kids won't be provided for when that's a sad reality for some as they lie dying...keep it to yourself. I have a feeling it's been ages since your paying taxes cost your ability to live life unrestricted.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Fantastic, straight talking truth ridden post that makes a hell of a lot of sense mate...you won't have an easy time of it around here!

Quick point though if i may...Iran has not been the aggressor in any war for almost 300 years, not 30 as you said.

But let's face it, even 30 years for a country not attacking anyone is something of a record these days, let alone 10 times that long.

The reality is that a friendly, astute and 21st century industrial Iran IS a threat to Israel, but only inasmuch as it would mean a very real and present danger to the Israeli economy.

MysterX your point is very valid, but you missed the other and equally valid country that Iran threatens - Saudi Arabia. While Iran is not always the nicest place to live they still aren't cutting off hands, offering public floggings, and public executions like in Saudi Arabia.

Iran is MUCH more progressive than Saudi Arabia. In fact, the war that retarded Americans seem to miss is that while Iran is painted as the enemy and radical.

The 9/11 hijackers were Sunni (can of worms).
al Qaeda is Sunni
The Taliban is Sunni.
ISIS (ISIL/ISI) is Sunni.

Now, let's look at the majority Shiite countries in the world (by population):
1. Iran
2. Iraq
3. Azerbaijan

Guess what religion Bashar al-Assad is? ...drum roll... Alawis which is a sub-sect of the Twelver school of Shia Islam.

But this isn't a religious war or anything. The goal isn't to wipe out the Shia Muslims. Hahahaha

Of course, it doesn't mean that Shia Muslims aren't radical or take part in terrorism. They do, and Hezbollah is Shia. However, it seems most of their energy is directed at Israel.

The truth appears to be that Saudi Arabia and Israel are working with the USA to push their anti-Shia agenda and get rid of the Shia controlled countries in the Middle East.

The propaganda is thick. The truth is available if people want it. My level of hope for the enlightenment for the majority of Americans is very low. Charlie Daniels really should shut his mouth and stop spreading propaganda.
edit on 14-6-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

MysterX your point is very valid, but you missed the other and equally valid country that Iran threatens - Saudi Arabia. While Iran is not always the nicest place to live they still aren't cutting off hands, offering public floggings, and public executions like in Saudi Arabia.

i don't know where you got that from, your wrong. also Iran is the 2nd only to china in executions world wide.

from June of this year.
Disturbing Video Of Public Iranian Execution Sparks Debate

from September of last year.

Official Website Executions » Religious Minorities » Ethnic Groups » Women Reports Cartoon RSS Feed Twitter Facebook Five Public Executions This Morning in Iran

May of this year.
Seven People Executed- Two in Public- and Public Flogging in Iran

a quick search turn these up, plus there have been at least two prisoners that they have cut their hands off.

and now they have a machine designed to cut fingers off.
Januray 2013.
Home> News Iran Uses Machine to Amputate Criminal's Finger in Public

Iran cuts off man's hand for stealing

it's common knowledge that Iran is hardline on most crime.

ETA: and it's plain to see that when you said this.

The truth is available if people want it.

you have no clue.

edit on 14-6-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wow is right! That letter was ... noteworthy on several levels.

It shines a light into some dark recesses ...and that's almost always a good thing.

It is nice to know that certain segments of the media are honing their methods... of control... progress and all that.

And maybe it will prompt bright (but ignorant) folks into looking a tad deeper to get their information... or not.

And that's my decisive take on that subject, though truth be told (forgetting that most saying that are about to lie) I read the letter and much of the ensuing conversation as the sound of chainsaws on a blackboard.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Charlie Daniels, originator of Southern Hillbilly Rock along with Barefoot Jerry.

Charlie Daniels is no stranger to speaking on political issues.

He's like Creedence Clearwater Revival, very political and very outspoken. What do you want from CDB other than the pro-marijuana, anti-Vietnam politicking or does he confuse you because he also speaks for the other side of the fence?

CDB, speaks their mind.

edit on 6/14/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/14/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Did you read the letter he sent to olé george?
It is clear where his alliegince is politically.

Songs are not always his to write, he just got paid to sing them

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

It's like people forgot the whole 1960s-1970s politics.

Wow, we must have "progressed" to the point now only one side is allowed to speak out. Jane Fonda seems to have found some type of redemption even though she made her point loud and clear, she also put at risk all the soldiers in Vietnam.

Demoralizing and yet acceptable to demoralize. That must be progress....

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow, this man even managed to outdo that coward Ted Nugent in sheer idiocy.

I will give him a pass because he's old and possibly senile.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
"On April 13, 1967 I arrived in Nashville, Tennessee with a wife, a two-year-old baby, a twenty-dollar bill and the clutch out of my car..."

What "advantage and opportunity" does this buffoon speak of? His must be alluding to his white privilege. The preterition about the letter not originating from a place of "hate" in the beginning of the letter is reaaaally reassuring.

I'd rather listen to Charlie Wilson...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Did you read the letter he sent to olé george?
It is clear where his alliegince is politically.

Songs are not always his to write, he just got paid to sing them

You know nothing of American politics in music. Might I remind you?

Jefferson Airplane - Four Dead in Ohio

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Who'll Stop the Rain, Fortunate Son

Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower

Edwin Starr - War (What Is It Good For)

Coven - One Tin Soldier

I could keep going on if you wish.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynicalSinningSaint
"On April 13, 1967 I arrived in Nashville, Tennessee with a wife, a two-year-old baby, a twenty-dollar bill and the clutch out of my car..."

What "advantage and opportunity" does this buffoon speak of? His must be alluding to his white privilege. The preterition about the letter not originating from a place of "hate" in the beginning of the letter is reaaaally reassuring.

What white privilege? There's no such thing, beyond the fact that everyone is "privileged" in some ways and "disadvantaged" in others. That's just a fact of life.

The mindset of a victim is the mindset of life's losers.
edit on 14-6-2015 by DiggerDogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynicalSinningSaint

Um, yeah...ok.

"White privilege" is a poor excuse. Now let's say Elvis showed his "White privilege" while the rest of you all come to Memphis and sign the wall at Graceland.

Elvis was a frickin' truck driver who went into Sun Studios to record something for his mother.
Johnny Cash was in the Air Force.
Waylon Jennings missed the airplane crash that killed Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper and Richie Valens.
Freddy Fender was the son of migrant workers.
Charlie Pride was the son of sharecroppers.
Kris Kristofferson was married to Rita Coolidge, a Cherokee.
Loretta Lynn was born to a coal miner in poverty.
Tammy Wynette was a hairdresser.
O.B. McClinton was a sharecropper that went in the Army.
Dolly Parton's mother was Cherokee.
Crystal Gayle, honored by the Western Band of the Cherokee as a Cherokee artist (sister of Loretta Lynn)
Darius Rucker was a college rock band lead singer, now a Country artist.

Yes, "White privilege", and you probably don't even know half these singers.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Did I ever say no one uses it to send a message?
No, I did not.

Just that songs are not always the concrete views of the person singing them.

And tbh I would't care so much if he just wanted to make a song.

"Still in Saigon", is a song written by Dan Daley and performed by the Charlie Daniels Band

edit on thSun, 14 Jun 2015 19:51:21 -0500America/Chicago620152180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Actually hezbollah(irans puppet) has been waging a proxy war for years So as a country they have not OFFICIALLY
been at war but UN Officially they have. IED's can be traced back to Iran as well. I f ROnald regan was alive and president HE would had flattenned Iran with that evidence. Remember this was a guy who bombed Quadafis house for just shooting his mouth off.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join