It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Keith Broomfield Killed Fighting Against ISIS in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

A State Department official confirmed to NBC News that Broomfield, 36, was killed in Syria. The official did not provide further details, saying only that the State Department was in touch with his family.

Twitter accounts and Facebook pages linked to Kurdish fighters were first to report his death, calling Broomfield a "martyr" and saying he was killed in the Syrian countryside surrounding Kobani. There was no immediate official confirmation from the secular Kurdish forces fighting ISIS in Syria known known as the YPG.

Idris Nassan, Kurdish co-deputy foreign minister of the Kobani district, also confirmed to NBC News that an American who had joined Kurdish fighters died in a battle with ISIS in his area.

American Keith Broomfield Killed Fighting Against ISIS in Syria

He is the first American to be killed fighting ISIS.

Kieth Broomfield put his money where his mouth was. He was a true warrior who saw wrong being done and decided to actively do something about it. He put his blood on the line and lost his life fighting the scourge of ISIS.

May he rest well.

Until Valhalla.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Seems to me...it was not "God" speaking but a manifestation of acute psychosis.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

He died fighting for what he believed in. Nothing more Honorable.

Thank you for posting, I missed it and did not know...

May his example of Selfless Service to others, be a candle of hope shining in todays darkness.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

He was a fanatic, a philosopher, a brawler, a minister of death, and a final arbitrator. Rip.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: fshrrex

How would you know?
INSULTING people who are fighters much LATELY?
The man saw wrong and went to fight it.
I would too if I wasn't sick.
edit on 10-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

If you or I had a conversation with a police officer or a doctor...wherein they asked you why you did it and you/me answered "God told me to..."; I GUARANTEE someone would be detained and/or 302ed immediately!

I don't have a problem with a fighter/soldier/warrior etc. However, there is no honor in being a religious fanatic...here or there Sam I am.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I should have researched this but he looks familiar (a Fox News correspondent interviewed several months ago regarding the fighting in north eastern Syria using US militants). When asked why? he said he believed in the Kurds to keep their ancestral heritage from BC 1100 (the original Assyrians) home/territory. Obviously a freedom fighter. Who was paying him if anyone (just a concerned righteous citizen). I am sad he was killed. Does anyone understand the history of the middle east?
edit on 10-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jun 11 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: replace huge quote w/ "a reply to" Quote Crash Course

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Live by the sword , Die by the sword

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

I think that is the expected outcome (self sacrifice) when taking something on larger than yourself; a (CONCEPT) more important and worth giving ones life for to DEFEAT IT in principal based upon a moral belief. I feel for his family.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The Kurds should have known better than to let somebody like this in combat. Frankly if you do not have a military back ground you should find some other way to help out. I know the Kurds figured if he got kiiled they at least some good PR to use in the states but, now that they got what the could out of it I would hope they keep others who should not be there back in rear.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

He retailated EXACTLY like so many wish we could do OUR faith not withstanding..TO INCLUDE many of the oeople you mentioned,they are out doing MENGELE and we are stuck over here watching the carnage.
NOTHING insane about it ,it diminishes the intent and effort to speak of it like he's a member of Westboro.
AN ugly and FALSE pP.C. spin so NOT AT all applicable.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Dayuum

True all too often.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Nice spin...but it only counts if you can verify with linked source.

If ONLY that were his true motivation, it would put quite a Hemmingway-esqe type of validation into the mix. Better yet, I would applaud his actions of thrusting himself into the heat of battle, if he went, willling/voluntaryly as a medic or ambulance driver. However, way it's painted, the ugly reality is what he told his mother..."God told me to (go kill another human being-my emphasis)". I see that as antithetical to a truly spiritual life...regardless of your path of enlightenment.

I'm sure, BEFORE he picked up a gun and went running into someone else's home...uninvited; he had many redeeming qualities. I see this example as a tragic loss of LIFE/LIVES that could of been avoided if a sensible human being stopped this "Moth to a Flame" case of acute psychosis.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Having trouble understanding your last post. Please explain the use of the term MENGELE...in this context. I double checked and I remember the ANGEL OF DEATH was a conscious decision to commit war crimes.

P.S. WE, you & I, are not at war (and I am not a pacifist)...we are just talking.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Fanatic is a fanatic, no matter which shield they wear.

Sad news.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Then that must apply to the ISIS fighters too, right? I saw someone make a similar point on another thread and just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR

Plenty of hardcore Nazis died fighting for what they believed it, how much honor do you think they had?

I'm not saying I find this guy dishonorable at all, but your criteria for honor seems a bit.... easy to satisfy. A lot of people believe in some pretty horrific things. Pimpish makes an excellent point in his post above too, ISIS also fulfill your criteria, might want to re-think that one?
edit on 11-6-2015 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So do suicide bombers.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

He died fighting for what *I* believe in. Nothing more Honorable.

I think this is more what he was thinking...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Mengele killed for the purposes of research utlizing Jews as the victims,these scum slaughter in some trumped of version of their FAITH .
If I seem caustic it is because I am at war with Progs and P.C. speech of any kind I read,that undermines my country or warriors in general,as I am one of them.
While it MAY indeed be off putting to some ,I am known for bluntness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join