It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Keith Broomfield Killed Fighting Against ISIS in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

So I'm confused, it seems your saying, as a recon, one must disregard the idea of Honor/Bushido early in war in order to return to claim it again when the sh*t stops flying?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fshrrex
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

Nice spin...but it only counts if you can verify with linked source.

Like I said, I recognize the man as the one that spoke to FoxNews on at least 2 occasions. Does it really matter I am not reporting for the AP or Routers here; there is a larger idea existing. The fruitlessness of such wars other than human extermination based upon religious dogma?

fshrrex: If ONLY that were his true motivation, it would put quite a Hemmingway-esqe type of validation into the mix. Better yet, I would applaud his actions of thrusting himself into the heat of battle, if he went, willling/voluntaryly as a ]medic or ambulance driver. However, way it's painted, the ugly reality is what he told his mother..."God told me to (go kill another human being-my emphasis)". I see that as antithetical to a truly spiritual life...regardless of your path of enlightenment.

I see the irony and was not at all surprised at his death (almost as if asking for it). What makes this man killing another IN DEFENSE (not aggressively) any different than the murderous cowards he was fighting; everything, as he was defending the right of a people to exist. He mentioned a few things; the plight of the Kurds, my thought is war is for foolish men to kill each other, not about killing innocent women and children.

fshrrex: I'm sure, BEFORE he picked up a gun and went running into someone else's home...uninvited; he had many redeeming qualities. I see this example as a tragic loss of LIFE/LIVES that could of been avoided if a sensible human being stopped this "Moth to a Flame" case of acute psychosis.

I suppose it takes a maniac to fight a maniac (it takes one to know one). Your philosophy would be "if you cant beat them, join them". War is the invention of psychotic minds, and in this day and age is incomprehensible; but that is the nature of 'the third world' *ignorant*.
edit on 11-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fshrrex

Maui....talk of honor...Japanese Is my guess.
Or Chinese,NOT American however.
I'm afraid casual conversation is difficult here.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Please elaborate and argue against what I said instead of feeling clever by using an unoriginal play on words about my username.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Whoa! Layoff the hate. You are carrying entirely too much anger and resentment.

Whether you like it or not Hawaii is the 50th State in OUR Union.You may recognize it as one of those Stars on the Flag you pledged to defend (and the oath[s] you took) I shouldn't go any further in denouncing your misconceptions BUT this time its seems necessary to get you where you need to be...HOME...the same place its always been. My father's family came over with William Penn and my mother's parents got off a boat from Ireland. And yet, it doesn't mean squat. We are all immigrants...American Indians and pure Hawaiians too.

I'm noticing a pattern of thinking from your posts and choice of words...You WANT (maybe need) to feel special. And that's o.k. to a degree (your personal Art reflects talent). Unfortunately, you want to take it THAT one step beyond. You seem to think (I hope I'm wrong) that because of what race/religion you were born into (w/o personal realization) you are ESPECIALLY DESERVING of the sole ownership of FINAL judgement on everything and everyone.

Please tell me I wrong.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

WTF is your issue?
OK I'm cutting this off.
If you wish to speak of the thread and not ME go ahead,but your attempts at guessing who I AM are insulting.
AS is your attempts to mellow me since you evidently don't talk to many combat vets...apparently.
NOT about ME it's about MR Broomfield FROM NOW on ,GOT IT?
edit on 12-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

In for 2 bits, in for 2 pounds

I am going to respond to your most recent reply to me in three parts (A, B, C - In bullet point fashion).

Firstly, I believe it is only fair to ask, the most pertinent question, to which avatar persona I am dealing with - Vethumanbeing or DontTreadOnMe because BOTH seem to have the ability to edit your posts.

Section A

• This is the SECOND time (1st was your original post) wherein you unscrupulously attempt to inject new "facts" into the conversation which are meant to reveal the TRUE motivations for this man to go to a foreign land and engage in WAR. This is a blatant ploy to redirect and a direct contradiction to the EXACT words HE used when explaining to his Mother why he BELIEVED it was imperative that immediate personal action must be taken to obey a command, received in SECRET COMMUNICATIONS with (THE ONE TRUE - my emphasis) GOD.

The basline for a legitimate debate HERE/NOW is the SOURCED article in the OP's original post (hearsay, supposition, assumptions are NOT a correct definition of legitimate Opinion - they are evidence of prejudicial bias and obvious attempts at discrimination...thus disrespect.

* I (nor the honorable members of this "community") don't care who you source. Fox/Faux News, Associated/Affliated Press, Reuters/Routers...blah blah/yada yada...You can have RED i.o.u (s) or BLUE instruments of debt...just pass GO! Tomato/To Mato, if you don't bring anything REAL to the table, you don't get credit in helping to make the sauce!

I watched/read (aka LURKING) for a long time to get a basic understanding of proper ETIQUETTE allowed by the survivors of this utopia.

RULE#1- ALL "FACTS" MUST BE SOURCED.

Therefore, when you step outside the spirit of fair sportsmanship, you should/will be called on it.

**Also in YOUR original post you say you saw him on t.v. (I can't correctly embed video in my posts yet either - but i can copy/paste URL).
In your reply above you "UP THE ANTE" by saying "I saw HIM twice(2) on Fox". I'm not good in Poker/cards but I saw that TELL.

• While I agree with you that there is a CENTRAL premise here, your statement of obsfucation does NOTHING to find common ground; and I quote -

"The fruitlessness of such wars other than human extermination based upon religious dogma?"

I deduce a craven attempt (I hope not) of managing to SIMULTANEOUSLY say EVERYTHING & NOTHING at all. If I am mistaken, in what I infer as another example of deception...please simplifiy/clarify it for me.

Section B:

• While I agree with you this is literally the epitome of Greek Tragedy, I think it is also IRONIC...that in the same breath, you shoot yourself in the foot - "ALMOST"...??? Perhaps you missed the complete impact of my anology...MOTH TO A FLAME.

If I'm sitting outside at the FAMILY's BBQ and in a moment of quiet reflection, I notice an unfortunate creature purposely fly into the Bug Zapper, I am saddened the ultimate conclusion is inevitable. I may, then question why another species (other than Homo Sapiens) has this INEXPLICABLE predilection to defeat its only existence. When I turn that thinking inward to the human experience, I see imbalance. My next thought is to examine the corollaries between the two species and...

...I remember I am presently at a family BBQ and I should STOP STARING AT THE FIRE in the firepit and continue to socialize...cordially!

• I quote (with your emphasis)

"What makes this man killing another IN DEFENSE (not agressively) any different than the murderous cowards he was fighting; everything, as he was defending the right of a people to exist."

* I think the last part should be addressed first.

"...as he was defending the right of a people to exist."

- THIRD(3) EXAMPLE OF UNFOUNDED CONJECTURE (I.e. Spin).

In hopes of finding any common ground, I would like to break this down further, as an opportunity to explain the heart of the CENTRAL IDEA;as I see it (my opinion). ---

"...The right of a people to exist."

Respect is the central core of HONOR. There is no splitting of hairs in defending the concept of Honor.

**Now...back to the beginning of the statement.
I quote (with your emphasis)

"What makes this man killing another IN DEFENSE (not aggressively) any different than the murderous cowards he was fighting;..."

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and refrain from accussing you of being deliberately obtuse.

Thus, in looking at this phrase only, I am stuck believing either your delivery was at fault or your logic is temporarily convoluted. So...

- Issue #1 Passive aggressive tactics don't have the usual AFFECT upon me.

- Issue #2 When you formulate an ATTACK plan towards another's homebase, you must realize you are not in a defense posture. You must accept that you see the position of AGGRESSOR beneficial to your cause. I also suggest you must realize & accept ALL WARS ARE ECONOMIC IN ORIGION!

- Issue#3 I quote (with MY emphasis) "...MURDEROUS COWARDS..." Once again there is NO HONOR WITHOUT RESPECT and that is a pathetic jab at unbalancing a percieved opponents emotional stability; also not effective here (with me anyway).

- Issue#4 "...killing another...what difference...everything;...etc."

Please reread the section (B) before going any farther.

- Issue#5 I never discussed or mentioned "...the killing of innocent woman and children." In any of my previous posts. When I spoke of tragic loss of LIFE/LIVES I was speaking about the grunts on the ground who see thru the Fog of War and know with out a doubt they are in a clusterf*ck canoe in a sh*tty sandstorm. The (sad but) usual casualties of War, women and children, is or should be abundantly clear...it's why I did not mention them.

I am not even going to continue on to the personal attacks in Section C.

I think I'll go get some potato salad and pickles and chips...Don't worry I'm not leaving...do you need anything?

edit on 12-6-2015 by fshrrex because: proper spacing

edit on 12-6-2015 by fshrrex because: same

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

Seems to me...it was not "God" speaking but a manifestation of acute psychosis.

The fact that you got stars for this post, when this guy decided to stand to go defend people being raped,beheaded, crucified, and women and children sold into slavery....

Says more about you and the people who starred you, and where society is headed then anything else......

We are doomed when those who stand up to people like ISIS are condemned for their "reasoning" for doing so.....

It doesnt matter if he felt god led him to do something, HE DID SOMETHING.....what are YOU doing?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Is it me or are the same people putting this guy down the same ones who tell Americans that they are too lazy to stand up for what they believe?

Sad.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A reminder....
Please discuss the topic and not each other.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated....
*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Trolling, And What To Do About It
Ad Hominem Attacks And You
Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

fshrrex: I am going to respond to your most recent reply to me in three parts (A, B, C - In bullet point fashion).

Firstly, I believe it is only fair to ask, the most pertinent question, to which avatar persona I am dealing with - Vethumanbeing or DontTreadOnMe because BOTH seem to have the ability to edit your posts.

Both are dogs so I suppose a Collie and Malamute have that secret ability. Woof! (where is my cookie).

fshrrex: Section A
• This is the SECOND time (1st was your original post) wherein you unscrupulously attempt to inject new "facts" into the conversation which are meant to reveal the TRUE motivations for this man to go to a foreign land and engage in WAR. This is a blatant ploy to redirect and a direct contradiction to the EXACT words HE used when explaining to his Mother why he BELIEVED it was imperative that immediate personal action must be taken to obey a command, received in SECRET COMMUNICATIONS with (THE ONE TRUE - my emphasis) GOD.

No facts here, I am not a field reporter and cannot speak for Gods secret communications with command performances (resulting in bloodshed) directed in battle; this relates to Keith's motivations for being in that place and time to experience his own death as this was a personal agreement between himself and perceived creator (a physical part of God died as well in the effort). I am not sure how to respond to the rest of your points at this time, mixed thoughts regarding your vulnerability, my uncertainty regarding the emotional place you are expressing yourself from (wouldn't want to ruin the BBQ) and would have liked to have been invited, any of that potato salad left?
edit on 12-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

edit on 12-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: there was a reference to a cartoon made that wasn't from the Mind of Walt Disney.
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Very few of Mengele's experiments had any scientific value whatsoever, sure there was some nominal research into hypothermia
and things of that nature, but the vast majority of the experiments were just sadistic inhumanity for the sake of it.

Also not just Jews suffered, The Russians, The Poles, The disabled or mentally ill, Twins, Gypsies, Gays and Blacks all were experimented on by these twisted sadistic scum.

Anyone with the balls to fight ISIS has my respect.

edit on 12-6-2015 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus

Very few of Mengele's experiments had any scientific value whatsoever, sure there was some nominal research into hypothermia
and things of that nature, but the vast majority of the experiments were just sadistic inhumanity for the sake of it.

Any idea what the driving force of this was; Nationalistic pride equals a vicious God that favors one race (that of the Germanic). This has happened in Cambodia, China; the Soviet Union, many places. It seems to be the norm when the task is taking territory that doesn't belong to you. These actions seem to be the only ones constant in human history; overtake/conquer/defeat your neighboring territories. I can see it during Pagan epochs, not modern (say within the last 100) years but it still happens. What is wrong with the human race; God obliges it to do so on one hand (they worship one different) or there is no God so humans can run amuck.

Soapusmaxumus: Also not just Jews suffered, The Russians, The Poles, The disabled or mentally ill, Twins, Gypsies, Gays and Blacks all were experimented on by these twisted sadistic scum.
Anyone with the balls to fight ISIS has my respect.

It really doesn't matter if they were 'conscripted militia' fighters does it? They are there and not under any ordained auspices of USA ordination. If they are US veterans they stand to forfeit their benefits. What drives them, a sense of morality/righteousness. Perhaps they are born warriors and just cannot help themselves and see a better fight to engage (themselves in charge) somewhere other than a pointless re-up in Afghanistan or Iraq.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

On no medical science learned ALOT from it in regards to the edges of human survival,German efficency and all ,sickening but true.
These ISIS pukes would qualify however.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join