It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Beach Police Officer Kills unarmed 20 year old college student

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is happening way too frequently...this is a bizarre and sad story.... I doubt it was psilocybin mushrooms but something much stronger.

A 20 year old college student was on some type of drugs, possibly mushrooms, according to the Facebook comments, and jumped through the glass out of a 2nd story window. A neighbor called 911 to report that a young man jumped out of a 2nd story window and seemed irate. An officer arrived and the young man was walking towards him with his hands up. The officer tazed him twice and then warned he would shoot. The officer shot him 4 times in the chest from about 4 arm lengths away according to a witness standing right there. Another witness reported the same thing 25 feet away, saying there was a lot of blood from the window cutting him and the 4 shots.

This is terrible. Rest in Peace. Could have been handled way differently...When will this be address and disciplined? The police are out of control!

NBC Los Angeles news and multiple video coverage

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'll reserve judgement until I hear what Al Sharpton has to say.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

If the story is fully as described, with no other important details, I think this is a pretty good example of the critical issue in all of these cases- the police seem to walk about their day in a state of crippling fear, and have no training to make recourse of any means other than explosively escalative aggerssion and their weapons.

Does a person in a clearly altered state of mind walking toward you submissely immediately represent a mortal danger? To me, it does not. Clearly to the police in most other first world countries, it does not.

The police always carry their handgun sidearm. It is stressed that if they are overcome by an attack, the attacker will turn their weapon on them.

I know I will get criticism for this suggestion, but perhaps the answer is for them simply not to carry their sidearm except in known combat situations? That deadly liability is taken away, which should alleviate part of their fear element, and they are forced to make recourse to other means before immediately escalating.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I could have saved a guys life.
Too bad I wasn't there.

When you think about Love it makes it easy.
When you hide behind guns and tazers, against someone who went through a window.
Maybe you are too afraid to even be left in a sandbox alone.

details of this story are wrong. Liars.
Funny how lies expose better truths if you know how to look.

edit on 3-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Shouldn't you be looking through this kid's social media for character assassination material and memorizing his height and weight?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The cops today are complete pussies no doubt about it. 20 yeard old, look at that picture! Kid looks as non threatening as all get out.

I do not care if the kid aas charging. The officer has pepper spray,tazer, handcuffs, trained fists, and lastly a gun. If the kid was tripping and wants to throw down then the cop should teach him a lesson with his hands.

A man does not put another down like a dog. Unless of course they are either A cold blooded killer or B a pussy! Which is it officer?

And why must they always shoot to kill...four shots. As a last resort, youd think one to the chest would stop just about anybody from approaching just fine. Remember that is what the kid was doing. APPROACHING! Gasp.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Waiting for the riots.....

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

I'm not.
I'm waiting to watch them crumble from the inside out.
We shall see what comes to pass.

Funny when you are one of the nicest people you know, and you never liked cops. Funny when ALL of the nice people you know don't like cops. There is no coincidence here.

edit on 3-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Any word if the kid kept on walking towards the officer with his hands up even though he was ordered to get on the ground?

I'd click the link but I already have enough B.S. sensational drama news blips in my browser history and really don't need any more damned cookies on my drive from this type of crap.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: abe froman

Shouldn't you be looking through this kid's social media for character assassination material and memorizing his height and weight?

Good point but you may also be jumping the gun.

First the black racist throw the racist card then the white racist adamantly deny it , without any factual evidence on either side.

Then after Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson get the crowds fired up ,the MSM covers it and analysis the shooting for the whole month non stop , then the riots come, and then comes the character assignations.

Oh wait .. it will be interesting to see if we reach the character assignation phase.

Now I don't know if this killing was justified or not , but from previous posts and events its hard to not see an issue with all these killings.

Perhaps had the rampant abuse of power and to quick to draw cops had never been associated with racism, we might be able to fix it.

Instead we continue to get more separated from each other and while we fight each other, the real problem and enemy continues to expand.
edit on 24630America/ChicagoWed, 03 Jun 2015 23:24:53 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: Legman

I'm not.
I'm waiting to watch them crumble from the inside out.
We shall see what comes to pass.

Funny when you are one of the nicest people you know, and you never liked cops. Funny when ALL of the nice people you know don't like cops. There is no coincidence here.

I will not either.... hint: There will be no riots.

Ponder why.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

I do not care if the kid aas charging. The officer has pepper spray,tazer, handcuffs, trained fists, and lastly a gun. If the kid was tripping and wants to throw down then the cop should teach him a lesson with his hands.

Covered in blood, Morad allegedly acted violently and "irrationally," Long Beach police said. The officer used "verbal commands, an electronic control device, an impact weapon, and physical force" on Morad, but was unsuccessful in restraining him.

"He (Morad) was like coming toward him like this all bloody from head to toe, it was quite a scene. He was acting very aggressive," said witness Bob Garner. "At that moment he (the officer) was solo and I think in his mind he had to make a decision, and his decision, I believe from what I saw, was two tasers and a fall from a second story did zero. 'I have no other choice,' that's what it appeared like to me."

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
"It's comin' right for us!"

Is this the training pigs are getting nowadays?

Don't think the kid could have been a little disoriented after falling out of a 2nd story window (to speak nothing of being obviously intoxicated to begin with)? Maybe the kid saw a cop and (rather stupidly) assumed the cop would help (or at the very least not shoot him)?

Did any of this run through this pig's head? Does modern LEO training strip the pig of his common, good sense? Or did he never have any to begin with, and that's why they hired him?

These are serious questions.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Officer did exactly what he was supposed to do. How about you don't take shrooms and attack people.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Officer did exactly what he was supposed to do. How about you don't take shrooms and attack people.

No one did that

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Don't think the kid could have been a little disoriented after falling out of a 2nd story window (to speak nothing of being obviously intoxicated to begin with)? Maybe the kid saw a cop and (rather stupidly) assumed the cop would help (or at the very least not shoot him)?

Ummm no. It's clear you hate cops and no matter what they do in your mind it's wrong. Eyewitness said the kid was aggressive and going after the cop, and the cop tried less lethal alternatives which did nothing.

Cop was in the right.

"He (Morad) was like coming toward him like this all bloody from head to toe, it was quite a scene. He was acting very aggressive," said witness Bob Garner. "At that moment he (the officer) was solo and I think in his mind he had to make a decision, and his decision, I believe from what I saw, was two tasers and a fall from a second story did zero. 'I have no other choice,' that's what it appeared like to me."

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No one did that

Awesome job at having no clue and yet posting anyways.

A 20 year old college student was on some type of drugs, possibly mushrooms, according to the Facebook comments

He (Morad) was like coming toward him like this all bloody from head to toe, it was quite a scene. He was acting very aggressive," said witness Bob Garner.

Sorry, that's what happened whether you don't want it to be true so you can keep hating cops or not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join